Pre Match Southampton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrenelin rush gone. Down to the grind. I'd take a big bag of sports mixture(the only genuine gums on the market) to the game.
It helps, a little.
And not in a Jimmy Saville kinda way either.

I'd go 4-4-2. Seemed to perform well enough against the likes of Arsenal and Everton early doors. Back four same as last week. Cambiasso and King in the middle. Mahrez on the left, Vardy on the right. Ulloa up front with Powell just behind.

We will play 4-5-1, have a half decent start and be 0-0 at half-time. Then Soton will score around the 64th minute and kill the game.

A worrying scenario i.e. Southampton would take the points which is all they want. We would be able to draw comfort from 'an improved performance' - but of course get another fat nothing.

Alternatively, this is a classic example of a game where the opposition might just underestimate us and put in a sub-par performance. I'm sure you are right about the 4-5-1. By the end of last season e.g. QPR(h) Pearson had signalled that he wasn't going to go with 4-4-2....which is seen as outdated but maybe our best option.

How many goals have you seen Lionel Messi score in the rain?

Exactly.

I can see what you are saying, but how many have you seen him score in Southampton?

I can see what you are saying, but how many have you seen him score in Southampton?

Not good enough for the EPL mate.

wet weather will help us

It didn't last time I went. The game was delayed by an hour, I only saw 40 minutes due to having advance train tickets, and we fecking lost. One of the shittest weekends of my life.

You'll be sitting on my lap then.

Just remember it would be very wrong to make him sit on your usual stiffy without enquiring if he is comfortable with that first!

at the start of the season this fixture was on my list of "possible wins"

And now it's on the 'games in which Leicester will be utterly outclassed and humbled' list.

Or we could give them a timely reality check :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570