Pre Match Southampton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play Schlupp to give a bit of cover to the left back position; Mehrez to provide width on the opposite flank; give Powell an opportunity on the basis that he can't do worse; leave out Nugent who is hardly going to regain any confidence in this fixture.

Very difficult fixture - but not impossible. It's a match were Cambiasso's experience could be crucial.

If it aint broke (first 5 games and most of last season) don't break it...
James is still feeling his way back in so i'd have cambiasso, and he won't drop Ulloa so i've kept him in instead of Nugent.
Get it down, get it wide, get in the box....

Schmeichel
De Laet Wasilewski Morgan Konchesky
Mahrez Cambiasso Drinkwater Schlupp
Ulloa Vardy

Subs: James, Powell, Moore, Nugent, Wood, Smith, Knockaert

We haven't won a game since Drinkwater came back, and he's been total shite

It is broken, so fix it

You know you are getting relegated when people are asking for Schlupp to play.

God help us.

Never thought I would say this but I agree with those saying Drinkwater needs dropping, complete and utter toss in the last two games.

Indeed. At their old ground I even saw Francis Benali score and he just didn't score!

Yes, I was there that night, scored with his head as I remember. He was totally unmarked from a set piece (I think) because no one thought he would score.

Yes, I was there that night, scored with his head as I remember. He was totally unmarked from a set piece (I think) because no one thought he would score.

It was a daytime match!

5-1 Leicester. Stringfellow 2, Tewley, Sinclair, Shilton. Davies for them.

5-1 Leicester. Stringfellow 2, Tewley, Sinclair, Shilton. Davies for them.

Remember that happening. Shilts scoring was quite a thing at the time as keepers rarely score and never ventured hardly ever from their box in those days.. Not like these days going up for corners etc when trying to score late goals.
A similar score and Kasper scoring would be nice.:icon_bigg

Last edited:
Remember that happening. Shilts scoring was quite a thing at the time as keepers rarely score and never ventured hardly ever from their box in those days.. Not like these days going up for corners etc when trying to score late goals.
A similar score and Kasper scoring would be nice.:icon_bigg
Shilton didn't venture from his own box though, did he? It was a long punt from his own box if I remember correctly (from what i've read)

You're correct, a long kick from his hands, a windy day, one bounce and over the other keeper. I remember seeing it on television, the goals were shown in a roundup of games from other television regions.

Shilton didn't venture from his own box though, did he? It was a long punt from his own box if I remember correctly (from what i've read)

I know that's what I said. Nearly all keepers kicked it from their hands in those days with the occasional quick throw out to someone in space after say a corner. Shilts used to do as such with Lenny Glover then trying to take the ball on the attack down the left side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669