Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Saints Post Match Thread

It gets to the point of heartbreaking! We have always had a great sense of humour at Leicester, we've had to over the years! The state we are in as gone well past that. Lets hope we get an og on saturday, its the only way i can see us scoring! Then again, we will probably give The Albion a hammering!
Only joking! We couldnt beat Earl Shilton Albion!!

I didn't expect us to get anything from last night's match any way so feel exactly the same as I did at this time yesterday. We'll turn it around, we will - just believe it will happen and it will. Positive mental attitude and all that! Sheff Wed and Scunthorpe seem to be on their best run of the season - this will end soon and we will start picking up points. It's all a case of result s balancing themselves out.

For me, the big game is Sheffield United away - no idea why, just think it is.

It's times like this when we all really need to pull together. Is Milan going to start putting on the free coaches for all the away travel again? Worked a treat last season (or was it the one before) when we were in a similar situation.

Come on fellow foxes, let's rally around the team because although we are all hurting at the moment, and it's really hard to support what appear to be uncomitted players, we are the ones that can turn the season around. We are the blue army and now we need to roll our sleeves up, knuckle down and cheer our beloved famous football club to safety.

BLUE ARMY!

Going down quicker than a cheap Thai ladyboy. My heart was broken long ago by this shower, now in that hollow and depressing state of numbness and helplessness...

Mandaric where ever you may be,
Mr Funny's taking us division 3.
We cant win a game, we cant even score.
And the effort being shown is fecking poor.

I didn't expect us to get anything from last night's match any way so feel exactly the same as I did at this time yesterday. We'll turn it around, we will - just believe it will happen and it will. Positive mental attitude and all that! Sheff Wed and Scunthorpe seem to be on their best run of the season - this will end soon and we will start picking up points. It's all a case of result s balancing themselves out.

For me, the big game is Sheffield United away - no idea why, just think it is.

It's times like this when we all really need to pull together. Is Milan going to start putting on the free coaches for all the away travel again? Worked a treat last season (or was it the one before) when we were in a similar situation.

Come on fellow foxes, let's rally around the team because although we are all hurting at the moment, and it's really hard to support what appear to be uncomitted players, we are the ones that can turn the season around. We are the blue army and now we need to roll our sleeves up, knuckle down and cheer our beloved famous football club to safety.

BLUE ARMY!

Great sentiment - but rings hollow (no pun intended Joe) now.

The team we have doesn't really identify with the club in the way that many of us see our history. The manager sounds like a west country refugee who thought he was at last moving towards the big time by coming to Leicester - but in reality is out of his depth.

There is the stench of a culture of failure throughout the club......indicated by how every new signing quickly sinks to the level of the rest.

It will take a really exceptional leader (not free coaches to matches) to turn this situation round - unfortunately they are likely to be working from League 1.

My positive suggestion is that Milan should assume Holloway will take us down and therefore risk throwing the dice - bring in Billy Davies if possible and if this is not possible let Taggart or Walshie take over in the short term in the hope that they can raise the spiritsof the squad to put up some sort of fight over the last 8 games.

Great sentiment - but rings hollow (no pun intended Joe) now.

The team we have doesn't really identify with the club in the way that many of us see our history. The manager sounds like a west country refugee who thought he was at last moving towards the big time by coming to Leicester - but in reality is out of his depth.

There is the stench of a culture of failure throughout the club......indicated by how every new signing quickly sinks to the level of the rest.

It will take a really exceptional leader (not free coaches to matches) to turn this situation round - unfortunately they are likely to be working from League 1.

My positive suggestion is that Milan should assume Holloway will take us down and therefore risk throwing the dice - bring in Billy Davies if possible and if this is not possible let Taggart or Walshie take over in the short term in the hope that they can raise the spiritsof the squad to put up some sort of fight over the last 8 games.

Mong!

I don't think its a coincidence that every manager since MON has failed at this club, something just isn't right here but can't put my finger on it.

The only way we can stop this rot is to not panic, keep Holloway, and give him a full pre-season.

We have spent big money on Howard & Campbell, brought in Hayles all to score goals. DJ had one shot on goal in the last 2 games, Howard hasn't had a header on target since he's arrived and I think Hayles has managed to get one without any idea he did. Hume & Fryatt struggled last year but did get some goals(not many I know). Who the hell is going to score for us because that is the biggest problem. I know we're sh*te but we are creating chance but one of these idiots needs to put one away each match for us to survive.

Thank you Beighton. I always value your views although I suspect that I am the antithesis (IM if you don't know what that means) of a BM.

The reason I mentioned Walshie as an example was in the context of a very short term measure. The harsh reality is that your bloke Holloway is taking us headspeed to disaster because he can't get quite an expensive squad to play for him. In such situations desperate measures are necessary. Walshie is largely full of sh-t these days but thinks he could get them to play. If we can't get Billy Davies then let Walshie run the team for a few weeks and see if he can motivate them to get a few points.

In reply to Nathan...surprise doesn't come into it mate. I'm surprised when we actually win or score, and that's the bloody problem!! At present I never expect us to get anything out of any of our matches.

Incidentally, to anyone who listened to the commentary on RL last night, I'd just like to point out that the consistantly cretinous Barber said 15 minutes before the goal was scored that Stern John always gets a goal against us - for this I think a public rodgering by the baboons at Twycross is in order...sell tickets and they will come.

In a perverse and sick way, us being in the relegation zone, is quite exciting.

Being a football fan should be all about going to games where the result is all important and edge of the seat stuff. The best games last season were Birmingham at home, Preston and Barnsley away. All because we needed the 3 points.

The past 4 seasons have been so dull that any game that has got the pulse racing has been very few and far between, to the point where im just plain bored.

Admittedly it would be alot more fun at the other end of the table, but if we were 14th in the table with no chance of going up or down and out of the cups, life as a Leicester fan would be extremely dull.

So here's to a relegation dog fight :icon_lol: :icon_wink

Admittedly it would be alot more fun at the other end of the table, but if we were 14th in the table with no chance of going up or down and out of the cups, life as a Leicester fan would be extremely dull.

But what if there is no dog fight? What if we lose on Saturday continue to fail to score;drop points and the teams above us continue to gain ground.

That might not be so exciting - just depressing.

In a perverse and sick way, us being in the relegation zone, is quite exciting.

Being a football fan should be all about going to games where the result is all important and edge of the seat stuff. The best games last season were Birmingham at home, Preston and Barnsley away. All because we needed the 3 points.

The past 4 seasons have been so dull that any game that has got the pulse racing has been very few and far between, to the point where im just plain bored.

This should also be what being a player is all about - none of our players look like they're on the edge of their seat!

But what if there is no dog fight? What if we lose on Saturday continue to fail to score;drop points and the teams above us continue to gain ground.

That might not be so exciting - just depressing.

Look Redditch, im trying to make the best of a bad situation, and your not helping! :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669