Southend Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. But did Stearman not go to left back and Jarrett to RB? Leaving a clueless ****er in the RB position.

Jarrett's performance on the day suggests that he is anything but a 'clueless fecker'.

I can't be certain exactly what was happening - the incident was down the other end. It just seemed to me that the whole lot of them were in absolute panic - and therefore that a goal against was the most likely outcome in the circumstances. I would have thought that the best course of action would have been to make just a single change to cover for Maybury (by dragging somebody back from up-front. But we had to make it complicated by making a double switch - and paid dearly for it. The players on the pitch were to blame; nobody else. It was just incompetence.

Apropos nothing, it make me smile when Hume misses two sitters like he did on Saturday and the Leicester fans still shout Huuuuuume - if that had been, say, Hammond missing those chances he would have been crucified for it.

Last edited:
Jarrett's performance on the day suggests that he is anything but a 'clueless fecker'.

I can't be certain exactly what was happening - the incident was down the other end. It just seemed to me that the whole lot of them were in absolute panic - and therefore that a goal against was the most likely outcome in the circumstances. I would have thought that the best course of action would have been to make just a single change to cover for Maybury (by dragging somebody back from up-front. But we had to make it complicated by making a double switch - and paid dearly for it. The players on the pitch were to blame; nobody else. It was just incompetence.

I'd agree with the panic, we set up for the likes of a free-kick or corner on a throw-in. Getting deeper and deeper, therby causing panic in the box.

Apropos nothing, it make me smile when Hume misses two sitters like he did on Saturday and the Leicester fans still shout Huuuuuume - if that had been, say, Hammond missing those chances he would have been crucified for it.

Or the fact that ¾ of the lcfc fans were singing the matty fryatt song to the southend goal celebration song for a man that was unlikely to come near the pitch on sat but less than half sang it for elvis even when he did come on and set up a goal.

My pics from Southend, although I think technically i could be arrested for the last 2.;)

My pics from Southend, although I think technically i could be arrested for the last 2.;)

To be pedantic.. :icon_roll
The first two are more of a problem, it's against league regulations to take pictures of the match, and I could get into trouble for allowing them to be posted here. But the last two should be no problem!

Last edited:
To be pedantic.. :icon_roll
The first two are more of a problem, it's against league regulations to take pictures of the match, and I could get into trouble for allowing them to be posted here. But the last two should be no problem!

I was taking a picture of the blokes head in front of me the game just happened to get into the pic.;)

I hope you got a discount for partial view Leroy!

If that was the case everyone in our stand would have had reduced prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566