Southend Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw Hume's post match comments. Because Southend were 'fighting for their lives, we would have settled for a point'. ('so it didn't matter that I missed two open goals to nail the match')

Fecking tosspot. Let's have him out the door soon!

It would seem to me that many of the coaching and playing staff exhibit a complete lack of professionalism. :confused: :confused: MM takes over the reins on the 7th inst. and I wonder if that will make any difference.

It was interesting to hear when MM was interviewed yesterday that the first words that came out of his mouth were that it was very sloppy.

I don't know about MM but it worries me. :icon_conf :icon_conf

I suggested Keegan back in November :icon_roll

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15623
September 23rd, around 5:10pm, waiting to leave the car park at the Tigers "I tell you what, we should get Keegan in..." was the kind of thing I probably said...of course, I went on to list many funny and clever reasons for his appointment but none of these were committed to paper or digitised.

I am also going to claim that I mentioned he would be an excellent spender of someone's money too, as no one can dispute it and it means I win. :110::029:

You forgot to mention those cheerleaders dancing at half time, Elvis, Cadamarteri, Logan, Kenton and Yeates were having a right good stare. So Cad 'accidentally' kicked the ball over to where they were dancing, and they made Elvis fetch it. :icon_lol: Quality stuff it were

Elvis was appreciative of the chants for where I was sitting.

'get your eye in elvis'

On player peformances, Maculay wasnt his usual self mainly because of Eastwood's pace. Maybury his normal self, Stearman similar. Hughes was probably our best player apart from Kisnorbo. Porter under used. Horsfield lazy and lack his physical presence once he'd been yellow carded for a dive and Hume just alright.

Kisnorbo should have had a penalty. He was pushed to the ground by a defender who had no intention of playing the ball.

Dare I say it, but Hughes was good....... **** Alex runs for cover under the artillery following ****

Dare I say it, but Hughes was good....... **** Alex runs for cover under the artillery following ****

Call it as you see it, just be honest. ;)

:icon_roll :icon_roll :icon_roll I said we should get Keegan in when he was still a football manager! :icon_roll :icon_roll :icon_roll

Although I didn't say it on here, I mentioned to friends at the time that we should have got him in as trainee manager instead of watching him go to play for Hamburg, it all went wrong from there

Last edited:
when keegan lived and played for s****horpe he came shopping to lincoln.i told myself then he would be a good leicester manager :icon_lol:

One day during May of 1950 when Mrs Keegan told me her and her husband were going to have a baby, I told her then I did that this child would go on to one day become the ideal candidate for manager of Leicester City. True story.

Last edited:
I obviously came late to the party. It was only after he was having a kip in his Range Rover in Surrey, and was accidentally whacked in the face by concerned citizens frightened by what they took to be a mutant cat attacking the top of his head, that I became alerted to the possibility of him managing Leicester City under Milan Manderic.

As long as we have a football team I'll always be diasappointed getting a draw at the bottom 3 clubs when leading twice and against 10 men for the second.

Not relevant then that we only had 10 by that time as well?

Maybury duly got injured and the player he would have been marking had all the time and space in the world to tap the ball in.

Maybury was playing at left back. Why would he have been in a right back's position at the time of their second goal?

Maybury was playing at left back. Why would he have been in a right back's position at the time of their second goal?

True. But did Stearman not go to left back and Jarrett to RB? Leaving a clueless fecker in the RB position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669