Southend Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the post match interview on the OS RK says that todays result "shows how far we have come in a short space of time". Does anybody have a feckin' clue what he's talking about?

Nothing like taking a quote out of context to support a bit of RK bashing :icon_roll

He didn't say the result shows how far we've come. He said the fact that they're disappointed only to get a draw shows how far they've come.

Did I miss a good match? and I take it RK fecked up again.

Boot the bastard out and quick

nightmares of rk being in charge next season

:icon_conf But I don't think he should be,I've never wanted him as Manager and anybody on here would back that up.I just don't see the point in changing it now,we are going nowhere neither up nor down and the chances are there will be a better selection of Managers to choose from in the summer than there is now:102:

:icon_conf But I don't think he should be,I've never wanted him as Manager and anybody on here would back that up.I just don't see the point in changing it now,we are going nowhere neither up nor down and the chances are there will be a better selection of Managers to choose from in the summer than there is now:102:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

good point

Thats just what Melts and I said...... roll on the summer

I for one would like to see a change in leadership at the end of the season but the undercurrent of feelings and tone against RK on here is a little o-t-t imo. Lets be fair we are heading for a mid-table finish, and if you look back to the start of the season and with the resources available to RK, most people were predicting that sort of finishing position. RK overall as not done a bad job with the squad he inherited, and there are signs that the young team he has played are improving. Now though that MM is on the scene its not enough,it seems to have provoked visions of grandeur amongst the fans.
Suddenly we expect a number of million pound players to come to the club, a top manager to move here, and premier lge football. If it was only that easy. How many good managers are out there that will definately do a better job than RK:102: . They say about journeymen footballers, but isn't that the same with managers. There are plenty out there that just go from club to club and what do they acheive. The likes of John Gregory, Peter Reid, Ian Dowie, do we really want them here:102: . I'd be happy to see a manager with more passion than RK and a manager that dosent sound like hes reading from a script after every game. But unless the right man for Leicester city is out there, then why panic.

Nothing like taking a quote out of context to support a bit of RK bashing :icon_roll

He didn't say the result shows how far we've come. He said the fact that they're disappointed only to get a draw shows how far they've come.

What!! How do you mean "out of context".

What he said was,
"We come away from the game disappointed. We wanted to see it out and maybe we should have been a bit more ruthless.

"But I suppose it shows how far we have come in such a short space of time. We have come away from home and got a point - but it feels like a defeat."

To me he's talking about the result but what I don't understand is the short space of time he's on about. Does he mean since he became manager, now over 12 months. Or does he mean since MM took over, in which case how can he write off what went on before. It's just more of the "we'll sort it out on the training ground" type nonsense to cover up a poor performance. To me it just typifies his ambition when he thinks that an away draw at the second bottom club, down to 10 men when you have led the game twice and missed several chances signifies progress.

What!! How do you mean "out of context".

What he said was,
"We come away from the game disappointed. We wanted to see it out and maybe we should have been a bit more ruthless.

"But I suppose it shows how far we have come in such a short space of time. We have come away from home and got a point - but it feels like a defeat."

To me he's talking about the result but what I don't understand is the short space of time he's on about. Does he mean since he became manager, now over 12 months. Or does he mean since MM took over, in which case how can he write off what went on before. It's just more of the "we'll sort it out on the training ground" type nonsense to cover up a poor performance. To me it just typifies his ambition when he thinks that an away draw at the second bottom club, down to 10 men when you have led the game twice and missed several chances signifies progress.

I can see how you could misunderstand what he said, but I'm sure your version of what he meant is not the right one.

He's talking about the way the team's form has changed over the last few weeks. We're now going to places like Southend expecting to win, and being disappointed when we don't, when a few weeks ago we may have been happy with a point.

As long as we have a football team I'll always be diasappointed getting a draw at the bottom 3 clubs when leading twice and against 10 men for the second.

But, I do understand what Rob Kelly means, but as NN said, how far back is he talking when he says "how far we've came"

Last edited:
The day started badly, got on the Fox Travel coach and within 5 minutes MHS had been sick all over himself due to too much drink last night.:icon_lol:

Before the match started the players were warming up and Hughes rockets and shot towards me, so I decided to head it and have had a slight headache ever since.

The match was pretty shite and to be honest I think most teams would have beat us.

I have to blame Rob kelly for the defeat,

Firstly you never make a 3rd substitution unless
a) the game is definately won, or
b) a player is injured

And although Hume missed a few chances he was always the most likely to score another.

Maybury duly got injured and the player he would have been marking had all the time and space in the world to tap the ball in.

I have never criticised Kelly but that was just suicidal management that cost us the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669