Southgate resigns

Breaking news

Gareth Southgate has spoken via the Football Association website to fans.

He starts with: "As a proud Englishman, it has been the honour of my life to play for England and to manage England. It has meant everything to me, and I have given it my all.

"But it’s time for change, and for a new chapter. Sunday’s final in Berlin against Spain was my final game as England manager."

**** off you big nosed twat

Just hoping for Kane to withdraw from international football and all would be well

I don't know what difference it'll make. The FA are ****ing idiots so they're bound to replace him with another boring ****er like Potter or Lampard.

I don't know what difference it'll make. The FA are ****ing idiots so they're bound to replace him with another boring ****er like Potter or Lampard.
At least Potter (and Lampard to a much less extent) has had some levels of success in his managerial career, unlike Southgate when he was appointed.

Cooper to leave us for England?

At least Potter (and Lampard to a much less extent) has had some levels of success in his managerial career, unlike Southgate when he was appointed.
So has Rodgers.

He's also the kind of **** they'd employ.

Jurgen Klopp is available........

His record of achievement as manager for England, is bloody good.
However, he’s left the feeling, we could have achieved more.

I see Mo Po is one of those on the supposed list.
Never get rid of Kane, if that happens!

Thank you Gareth, but …….

His record of achievement as manager for England, is bloody good.
However, he’s left the feeling, we could have achieved more.

I see Mo Po is one of those on the supposed list.
Never get rid of Kane, if that happens!

Thank you Gareth, but …….
…. though he assembled a squad who outshone the previous Golden Generation(Becks, Scholesy, Stevie and that useless exChelsea twonk off the telly etc), it only achieved a couple of silvers . Maybe some time in the future go one better.

Did a decent job to be fair. Decision to move on is the right one. It needs new eyeballs on it.
I don't buy it. Look at the teams he went out of tournaments to compared to those before him. It's too simple to say he got to two finals, he was playing minnows for the most part. We also lost a final to one of the worst Italian sides ever; a team who couldn't manage to qualify for the WC two years later.

He blew golden opportunities because he refused to play any kind of offensive football. That would be okay if you had the best defence in the world but our best players are our attacking footballers whose strengths were largely ignored. Add to that the ludicrous decisions to leave Palmer on the bench, persist with Kane and have no runners at all on the pitch for hours, plus the bizzare choice to sit back when you equalise and are in the ascendancy instead of going for the win, and it all just smacks of incompetence.

A different, braver manager with a more attacking mindset and we are the proud owners of two Euro trophies in a row.

I don't buy it. Look at the teams he went out of tournaments to compared to those before him. It's too simple to say he got to two finals, he was playing minnows for the most part. We also lost a final to one of the worst Italian sides ever; a team who couldn't manage to qualify for the WC two years later.

He blew golden opportunities because he refused to play any kind of offensive football. That would be okay if you had the best defence in the world but our best players are our attacking footballers whose strengths were largely ignored. Add to that the ludicrous decisions to leave Palmer on the bench, persist with Kane and have no runners at all on the pitch for hours, plus the bizzare choice to sit back when you equalise and are in the ascendancy instead of going for the win, and it all just smacks of incompetence.

A different, braver manager with a more attacking mindset and we are the proud owners of two Euro trophies in a row.
We've had managers fail to even get us to tournaments, let alone get to finals. We've also had managers resign in disgrace. We've certainly had many managers do less with arguably more.

I'm not saying he's without fault, he isn't and his football was at times infuriating and he was woefully short on the tactical end against top opposition.

I believe he can leave the job knowing he's leaving it a lot better than he found it.

We've had managers fail to even get us to tournaments, let alone get to finals. We've also had managers resign in disgrace. We've certainly had many managers do less with arguably more.

I'm not saying he's without fault, he isn't and his football was at times infuriating and he was woefully short on the tactical end against top opposition.

I believe he can leave the job knowing he's leaving it a lot better than he found it.
Completely agree.

That's different to doing a decent job. He's done a pretty shitty job of it considering what he has at his disposal. It's just that we've set the bar so low with even shittier managers that anything above losing the Iceland looks like an achievement.

In truth, the FA have made some ludicrous appointments and Southgate was one of them. Nice guy, worse than average manager.

P Pld Pts
1Brighton13
2Arsenal13
3Liverpool13
4Manchester C  13
5Aston Villa13
6Brentford13
7Manchester U13
8Newcastle13
9Bournemouth11
10Leicester11
11Nottm F11