Pre Match Spurs vs Leicester City F A Cup 3rd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving the current depression surrounding anything Leicester City in the media, Stupid Twats.
And Spurs are over social media and the press talking about a song for Wembley with those no marks Chas & Dave.

Even Football Focus are at it ffs.
It's all about Spurs and now "can they win the League". Leicester City are second in the League we beat them in the Cup last season and Dan Walker says I suppose we'll better mention Leicester.

Let's beat these Cockney upstarts and shove Chas & ****ing Dave up their arses.

Up the City!!!

Can't agree more that we need to focus on a league position, but let's go and beat Spurs at their place again. This competition should be seen as a realistic chance to win silverware and not a distraction.

Who here would take an FA Cup final win over Champs league qualification?

Can't agree more that we need to focus on a league position, but let's go and beat Spurs at their place again. This competition should be seen as a realistic chance to win silverware and not a distraction.

Who here would take an FA Cup final win over Champs league qualification?
A few years ago yes, but now, no.

The financial reward for qualifying for Champions League is indeed attractive.

The case of Everton qualifying 10 years ago seemed to have a detrimental effect on their season. They had an early exit and dropped into the Europa tournament only to be knocked out in the first round. Their season seemed to suffer and they only finished 11th having spent much of the early part of the season in the relegation zone.

I would love to see Champions League football played in Leicester don't get me wrong. It is something we are now in a position to be targeting this season.

I don't believe we are should be throwing away realistic opportunities of winning silverware though.

The financial reward for qualifying for Champions League is indeed attractive.

The case of Everton qualifying 10 years ago seemed to have a detrimental effect on their season. They had an early exit and dropped into the Europa tournament only to be knocked out in the first round. Their season seemed to suffer and they only finished 11th having spent much of the early part of the season in the relegation zone.

I would love to see Champions League football played in Leicester don't get me wrong. It is something we are now in a position to be targeting this season.

I don't believe we are should be throwing away realistic opportunities of winning silverware though.
I get all of that and agree but the magic of the cup has gone.

Leicester reserves v a n other reserves is just not inspiring to watch. A real, real shame.

I love the FA Cup, or at least I did before it was devalued.

Worth trying to win simply for the psychological advantage when we play them again a few days later. No?

Our second XI can be just as good to watch as our first XI. They were great against West Ham in the Capital Cup.

A great chance for our second string to put in a performance, though I can't see how the likes of king, inler and dyer are going to be part of a winning team (against a very good spurs team). 3-0 to spurs.

The other benefit of qualifying for the Champions League of course, is the type of player that will attract to us.

For me the team should be

Schmeichel
De Laet Wasilewski Morgan Chilwell
King Inler
Gray Okazaki Dyer
Ulloa

the finishing capabilities of Ulloa and Okazaki will be under the spotlight!
I wouldn't play Benalouane or Kramaric if they are key to unlocking funds to bring new players in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566