Squad sightings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerry Taggart was running with a more elderly gentleman along the canal near the Kings Lock tea Rooms. As he was one of my favourite players I called out a greeting and he called back "Cheers". Unfortunately he was gone before I could invite him in for one of their delicious cream teas.
Gerry looked fairly relaxed whereas when Micky Adams used to run along there he always looked stressed out. it is a lovely area and I wanted to tell Micky:
"What is this life if full of care
We have no time to stand and stare."

Gerry Taggart was running with a more elderly gentleman along the canal near the Kings Lock tea Rooms. As he was one of my favourite players I called out a greeting and he called back "Cheers". Unfortunately he was gone before I could invite him in for one of their delicious cream teas.
Gerry looked fairly relaxed whereas when Micky Adams used to run along there he always looked stressed out. it is a lovely area and I wanted to tell Micky:
"What is this life if full of care
We have no time to stand and stare."

I'll have some of whatever you are on!

Cleverley was a class act and that Arsenal loan looked very good too. Not that it has anything to do with our squad.

Last edited:
It sounded like we tried. Can't blame the club if Cleverley decided to go elsewhere, or Ferguson decided to send him elsewhere.

It sounded like we tried. Can't blame the club if Cleverley decided to go elsewhere, or Ferguson decided to send him elsewhere.

If my memory serves me right Nigel said how much he rated Cleverley. On a different occasion Steve Walsh said that Cleverley's future lay in Manchester United's hands. I am sure it is Sir Alex who makes these laons decisions and that Cleverley will have had no say in it. From Manchester United's point of view it makes sense to move Cleverley around so he never gets too attached to a loan club.

If my memory serves me right Nigel said how much he rated Cleverley. On a different occasion Steve Walsh said that Cleverley's future lay in Manchester United's hands. I am sure it is Sir Alex who makes these laons decisions and that Cleverley will have had no say in it. From Manchester United's point of view it makes sense to move Cleverley around so he never gets too attached to a loan club.

Look David, stop being so rational God damn it!
We bloody messed up that one! Geddit! Tom Cleverly [sic] played for us so he must be blue to the core. How very dare Watford allow him to play for them. It's just wrong I tell ya, we messed it up. I've messed as well, but I don't want to talk about that.

It also makes sense for him to get varied experience - different playing styles etc.

As people have pointed out, whatever they think about Man *** - he is their player and they have done both Leicester and Watford a favour rather than the other way round.

It also makes sense for him to get varied experience - different playing styles etc.

As people have pointed out, whatever they think about Man *** - he is their player and they have done both Leicester and Watford a favour rather than the other way round.

Right that's it. You're talking far too much sense. You're hereby banished from posting here ever again. Who do you think you are turning up here with your mad ideas?

I may be wrong but I'm sure I read a fact at the time that Ferguson has never loaned a player to the same team twice for this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263