SSN - Mandaric - 20:15

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can stand down as chairman and remain owner.
Abramovich isn't chairman of Chelsea, Ashley isn't chairman of Newcastle etc.

Quite. This was one of the issues that made some of us very sceptical about him taking over the club in the first place - it was clear he would be in the "rich man's plaything" category of owner who would want to have total control of everything. It can work, but all too often it doesn't.

I do blame Mandaric. I know that money doesn't guarantee success but crikey, it shouldn't bring us that shower that we've been watching all year. Money spent on shit players and shit managers granted, but money spent too on players that should have been good enough to be competing for honours.

This season we have all witnessed a never ending circus both on the pitch and in the boardroom too. Mandaric, as he keenly put's it himself, makes the decisions and he must surely now realise that his handling of OUR club is what has contributed to our relegation.

On the playing side we can argue till the cows come home. Personally I don't think Holloway stood a chance, I believe that there are problems far deeper in the club which again, questions my faith in Mandaric.

I don't know what the solution is, maybe if he was to appoint a chairman to run the club whilst he funds it wouldn't be a bad idea. Would he be able to stay out of affairs? Probably not and instead of a manager merry-go-round we would have a chairman one.

One thing I do know though and that is that I feel that my affinity (sp) for my Club has never been so low. I am avoiding today's newspapers like the plague because I don't want confirmation of what I watched yesterday and right now I'm thinking that being a Leicester City and England fan is probably about the shittest combination this summer.

Thanks Milan.

Reading what he said, it seems to be he intends to stay at the club but step away from the chairman role. I've just heard him repeat this on BBC as well where he said he needs to think if it's best for the club if he steps down from the chairmans role. I have to say on this years performance the answer has to be YES. Perhaps he has realised that he's shite at picking managers and needs to step back from taking front line decisions. I doubt that we would be where we are now if he had either stayed with Worthington or not listened to those idiots at the FT and appointed Warnock when he had the chance.
If he goes altogether we could be in administration shite if he wants back the money he has put in to the club. Let's face it we're not exactly an attractive investment for anybody at the moment are we! As long as he tells Holloway to feck off first it won't be as bad.

I once sacked someone via text and I was really proud of that, still am.

Did you really do that or are you just saying that to get a laugh? And if you did sack somebody by text, were you really proud that you lacked the courage to do it face to face?

:icon_wink

Did you really do that or are you just saying that to get a laugh? And if you did sack somebody by text, were you really proud that you lacked the courage to do it face to face?

:icon_wink
He's proud of the fact that he overcame the techonological advances of his phone.

Fair play for the apology. Pity he didn't take any responsibility himself though. Laid all the blame on the managers and players.

"What else could I do?", he asked.

Well for a start, you could have made one good decision in the last year. Not even asking for most of your decisions to be right, just one every now and then.
Typical of him going onto Sky and answering questions about the future before he's even had the decency to speak to his own manager. Another piece of cracking man management for IH to go home tonight to watch what his boss has to say about him and his future. Might as well have sacked him live on tv.

At the very least, I pray that he has the sense to step backwards and put someone else in day to day control of the club. Allow someone else to make some decisions. He is patently dire at it.

Nice to see Tim Davies in the away end today too. Supporting the team as passionately as anyone.

I doubt he deliberately picked a Monkey has a Manager and when he employed Holloway I think he thought he was employing the right man,I find it hard to believe Mandaric has deliberately set out to piss us all off and he sounded as pissed off as the rest of us.Yes he has made mistakes.He's not the type of man to walk away though

I doubt he deliberately picked a Monkey has a Manager and when he employed Holloway I think he thought he was employing the right man,I find it hard to believe Mandaric has deliberately set out to piss us all off and he sounded as pissed off as the rest of us.Yes he has made mistakes.He's not the type of man to walk away though

I agree HF and not to mention that he's invested a pile of his own money without any reward. I hope he doesn't go as there's not enough thoughtful and articulate people in football these days and I just cannot see what the alternative would be. At least he's had the courage to acknowledge his mistakes.

p45.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572