Stadium Atmosphere

Fox Fan

I think that there could be a fair amount of discussion on this topic in the coming season - especially if we get off to a fairly slow start.

This week the club have announced a series of changes to the match day. The two most eye catching are the introduction of a singing section in SK1 and the removal of clap banners.

On the clap banners, I think it's a bit of a shame. Obviously it was no longer right to have them on every seat for every game, however they could have had a box on the stairs up for people who wanted to use the clap banners to take one. As has previously been discussed on the forum, we have an older group of fans that may well be happy to use the clappers.

MATCHDAY CHANGES FOR THE NEW SEASON
With Leicester City due to kick-off their new Premier League campaign on Sunday against Brentford, supporters at King Power Stadium can look forward to a host of improvements to the matchday schedule.

The reduction in restrictions around COVID-19 means that several features can be welcomed back to King Power Stadium for the 2022/23 season, as well as a number of new additions – meaning supporters are encouraged to arrive as early as possible.

The Club is delighted to be able to reintroduce Matchday Mascots to the new campaign, while inside the stadium, Fan Cam makes a welcome return.

Supporters may also notice the introduction of a Singing Section in SK1 for the start of the 2022/23 season, as part of a year-long trial to improve the matchday atmosphere.

Mobile Tickets will also be in operation upon stadium entry, while there will be pre-match pyrotechnics displays and handheld flags left on the seats of every home supporter.

Fans attending will also notice that there will be no clap banners, as the Club works with the feedback given to it by supporters during consultations to shape a move towards alternative and more sustainable ways of improving the matchday atmosphere.

Outside of the stadium, a host of activations will take place on a special stage on the brickweave, located close to the Fanstore.

Match attending supporters should also familiarise themselves with new measures and stronger sanctions introduced by The FA, Premier League and EFL to tackle the increased anti-social and criminal behaviours recently seen within football grounds and underline the importance of a safe matchday environment.

The new set of actions, which will be implemented across all English football leagues from the start of Season 2022/23 and backed by the Football Supporters’ Association, will target activity such as entering the pitch without permission, carrying or using smoke bombs or pyrotechnics and throwing objects - as well as drug use and discriminatory behaviour.

More information on these new measures can be found HERE.

We look forward to welcoming you back to King Power Stadium.

LCFC

The clappers were detrimental to the atmosphere Imo and it was one of the reasons songs haven't travelled well as they drown out the singing and often get used at the wrong tempo.

Both things are good moves imo.

Now jut to get rid of the cringe goal music that is blasted immediately following a goal that kills the part of the amosphere that should be most natural.

The clappers were detrimental to the atmosphere Imo and it was one of the reasons songs haven't travelled well as they drown out the singing and often get used at the wrong tempo.

Both things are good moves imo.

Now jut to get rid of the cringe goal music that is blasted immediately following a goal that kills the part of the amosphere that should be most natural.

With the goal music, I understand it's cringey. But they could play any sound they like and it wouldn't stop my celebrating. In fact, hearing the music as Daka scrambled in a late fourth against Man U was utter bliss. Either way, I don't think it really affects the team on the pitch, which you could argue clappers and lack of singing does.

The clap banners have been worth their weight in gold during the heatwave. They are excellent fans.

Unlike the weirdos that use the dopey things at the match.

I think that there could be a fair amount of discussion on this topic in the coming season - especially if we get off to a fairly slow start.
Fair to say I was right on this one.

Club now consulting on the singing section, which I kind of get the impression they don't really like.

Fair to say I was right on this one.

Club now consulting on the singing section, which I kind of get the impression they don't really like.

Of course they don't. It creates the only atmosphere in the entire ground.

Everything the club does gives you the impression they would prefer everyone to sit down and shut the **** up.

I haven't been to the KP for a while, but I thought last night the atmosphere was shockingly bad. Such a low energy crowd for such an important match.

We should bring the clappers back for this run in. I understand why they were ditched this season, but the sad reality is that some of our fans who have been sitting on their hands, will use them to create an atmosphere that we desperately need.

I hate the clappers but they are far better than listening to the group sighs from our supporters

I recall hearing Villa drown us out at one point but there did appear to be more noise from us than previous games. It did sound as though there were more of us trying to get behind the team.

I haven't been to the KP for a while, but I thought last night the atmosphere was shockingly bad. Such a low energy crowd for such an important match.

We should bring the clappers back for this run in. I understand why they were ditched this season, but the sad reality is that some of our fans who have been sitting on their hands, will use them to create an atmosphere that we desperately need.

The atmosphere was quite a bit better last night than it has been.

The atmosphere was quite a bit better last night than it has been.
Still the worst in the PL by quite some distance then.

Our fans have no heart, no passion and will do the polar opposite of what Everton fans did last season to drag their team out of the shit.

Miserable

Still the worst in the PL by quite some distance then.
I went to Anfield to experience the wondrous Anfield roar .
what a load of bollox!
could hear a pin drop in the home fans,
it wasn't until Faes had a couple of brain farts, that you knew they were there.

we're not the best, but definitely not the worst

It did sound better on the TV but still not as good as other teams down there at home.

I'm sure many will say its down to the players but when you're low on confidence, the last thing you need/want is the fans getting on your back too.

Rightly or wrongly, I feel the players play with a nervousness at home that they don't have so much away from home, hence why the away record is better.

A couple of points could make the difference come the end of the season and the fans can certainly help out with that.

The clappers won us the premier league but are pointless if fans can't be bothered to use them.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3776
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3961
7Coventry City3860
8Hull City3859
9Preston 3859
10Middlesbro3954