Stadium Atmosphere

Said they couldn't imagine anything worse than singing at a football match.

This was only topped by the folks a few rows ahead who had snuck a wine in to drink in their seats.

This feels like one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse

The non-singing, wine drinkers had seen the coming of the 5th horseman - End of the World Ennui
( When he eventually bothered to turn up)

Don’t show the game on the screens in the concourse

Don’t show the game on the screens in the concourse
But that’s basic marketing and commerce. Once they have you at the bar, they want to keep you there. Finished that pint? Don’t worry the bar is right next to you and you don’t need to go up there and see it live… etc etc. money, money, money.

**** me that’s a point. How much better would the atmosphere be if we could actually have a beer in the stands? You know, like rugby, and baseball, and cricket and…

Very very stupid rule in my humble opinion.

Not sure, I sat in L1 for the last couple of games of last season and it was honestly the worst experience (football aside) I've ever had in the hundreds of games I've been to.

I wouldn't want those twats drinking any more - although, there's no one stopping them doing coke throughout the game.

**** me that’s a point. How much better would the atmosphere be if we could actually have a beer in the stands? You know, like rugby, and baseball, and cricket and…
I've been to see Hudderfield Giants play Rugby League a few times. Unsegregated fans, supping beer, for the most part extremely civilised in their support of the teams playing. And then the week afterward many of the same people go to the same stadium but, because it's a football match today, aren't allowed to drink, can't be trusted to be around one another, and (most importantly) there's a far higher chance of it kicking off.

Don't get me wrong, there are some utter bell-ends at football matches and they should be driven out of the game, but for a great many of us the behaviour would be better if we were treated like reasonable adults - it's amazing how many of us can live up to that expectation.

Not sure, I sat in L1 for the last couple of games of last season and it was honestly the worst experience (football aside) I've ever had in the hundreds of games I've been to.

I wouldn't want those twats drinking any more - although, there's no one stopping them doing coke throughout the game.
Your last line is the bigger issue these days, IMO.

This is such an enormous societal problem now isn't it, it's seen so casually. The war on drugs certainly appears to be lost.

The queue for the men's cubicles at a few places in town is far longer than the women's and it's not down to a dodgy bout of Jalfrezi.

Apparently cocaine is rather popular at football matches nowadays; could be a nice little earner for LCFC if they also sold it on the concourse.

But that’s basic marketing and commerce. Once they have you at the bar, they want to keep you there. Finished that pint? Don’t worry the bar is right next to you and you don’t need to go up there and see it live… etc etc. money, money, money.
Another aspect where the club shows it's not interested in creating a football atmosphere.

The people inside the club want a happy clapping beige family fun day, not a raucous atmosphere.

Shame the fans also don't give a **** like but that's where were at.

Ipswich quite a bit ahead of us in this respect

Very very stupid rule in my humble opinion.

Unfortunately, unlike in most other sports, far too many football fans have proven themselves to be ****ing incapable of behaving. Include excessive alcohol into the mixture and there would be even more in the way of violent, anti-social ****ishness. That's just the way it is with football; it's a magnet for empty headed Neanderthals.

Rugby, baseball, cricket, none of them have 1% of the hideous behaviour football has. They can be trusted to handle their ale and have a pleasant experience. History tells us that football doesn't have this luxury. Until the complete ****ing knuckle draggers dick off elsewhere, there's no chance of the alcohol ban in stands being lifted, neither should there be.

Isn’t it also just a bit of show for their biggest game of the year? Not a chance in hell that’s a regular occurrence.

Aye. The two rival families in the area making a scene. My tractor is bigger than your tractor etc.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463