Standing for Tigers fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dickovforengland!

It will become some shite bland non-specific "sports" stadium, and that will be an absolute feckin' tragedy

Yeah I'll be gutted about that instead of some shite bland Walkers Stadium we'll have a shite bland sports stadium. Anyone going to Reading will see they have a smaller version. Anyone who has been to St Marys will see they have a red version andybody who has driven past J2 of the M6 will see Cov are getting a sky blue version.

We get reduced expenses in exchange for some unconfirmed cosmetic changes and potential risk to the pitch, end of story. I am happy with that in principle.

I lived in Reading for 3 years and saw a few games and even played on the pitch after 2001 when London Irish had started playing there, its ok slightly worse than ours but a lot better than Newcastle.

Dickovforengland!

Yup, you obviously like the Walkers Stadium, I'm not a big fan of it.

Whenever I'm there, I watch whats going on on the pitch not look at the hoardings or the pictures of Lineker with bouffon flowing and thighs bulging. So unless its painted so brightly I can't see the pitch, I don't care what they do because its crap and characterless to begin with. The only reason I go is to watch LCFC who will benefit from reduced costs.

If it holds a more special place in your heart then stick to your guns pal I applaud you for that but I personally think it will be good for LCFC and good for the city of Leicester both of which mean more to me than the Walkers Stadium.

Bring back Filbert St!

Dickovforengland! said:
Yup, you obviously like the Walkers Stadium, I'm not a big fan of it.

Whenever I'm there, I watch whats going on on the pitch not look at the hoardings or the pictures of Lineker with bouffon flowing and thighs bulging. So unless its painted so brightly I can't see the pitch, I don't care what they do because its crap and characterless to begin with. The only reason I go is to watch LCFC who will benefit from reduced costs.

If it holds a more special place in your heart then stick to your guns pal I applaud you for that but I personally think it will be good for LCFC and good for the city of Leicester both of which mean more to me than the Walkers Stadium.

Bring back Filbert St!

I completely agree with you, Bring back Filbert street

Bobby Smith

Tim Davies and reps from the Tigers are off to see Stadia in Europe, lets hope that they make a better job of it than our previous Directors. I seem to remember them jumping on the LCFC gravy train winging their way around 'State of the art' Football grounds abroad for a couple of weeks. What a waste of time! What did we end up with? A near carbon copy of so many other stadia that we already have in the England. Why did they come up with a design where by the stands are at least 10 metres away from the pitch? Why did they allow a design where it is hard to create any atmosphere? Why are the away fans in the wrong place?

Sorry went a bit off topic there.....

What I don't understand is why did LCFC spend 5.8M on the Carling Stand then £32m on a new Stadium and Tigers £3.5M on the Alliance stand if all the time the perfect solution was to share a Stadium? The only thing the two clubs have in common is desperation.

Like it or not both clubs will lose identity, Tigers more so than us. I agree that we lost some of ours when we moved to the Walkers Shopping Centre.

I understand that if Tigers get through the next round of the European Cup they will be playing at the Walkers. Let's see how the pitch cuts up and make a Judgement on that one. Can't see us returning the favour and playing a game at Welford Road on a shocking Rugby pitch, let's hope we won't be playing on one next year either.

webmaster

Bobby Smith said:
I understand that if Tigers get through the next round of the European Cup they will be playing at the Walkers. Let's see how the pitch cuts up and make a Judgement on that one.

I don't think we can judge it on that, because if the ground share goes ahead we'll be getting a super duper new extra strong pitch.

JoBeck

Joe_Fox said:
I can see the big picture. Ok so it may mean the club is more finacially secure but to every pro there is a homer, sorry, a con (especially if they make you pay before hand (apparantly)) and with this there are lots of cons.

:roll:
Beggars can't be choosers.

SilverFox

JoBeck said:
Joe_Fox said:
I can see the big picture. Ok so it may mean the club is more finacially secure but to every pro there is a homer, sorry, a con (especially if they make you pay before hand (apparantly)) and with this there are lots of cons.

:roll:

Beggars can't be choosers.

America...F*** YEAH!

Saw Team America yesterday...really really funny!

gregs_y2k

I'm neithe rfor nor against the ground share. But i' just wondering what will happen IF Tigers go bankrupt, would it affect City in anyway?

webmaster

gregs_y2k said:
I'm neithe rfor nor against the ground share. But i' just wondering what will happen IF Tigers go bankrupt, would it affect City in anyway?

I'm sure the legal people at both clubs have looked into what would happen, and they won't enter into any agreement that would leave them homeless if the other one went bust.

The stadium would be owned by a new company, jointly owned by City/Tigers. So I think that would protect one club if the other went bust, but it might mean we'd have to take on the full repayments if the Tigers disappeared. But if that happened it would just leave us in the same position we're in now.

Foxes_Trust

Well this could be a long one - to respond to various points raised, mainly to clear up certain facts.

Dunc:
"It seems to me that the majority of people against the groundshare are the Leicester City fans who don't like rugby"
- we consulted our members & agree that of those against it the majority also disliked rugby, that in itself is no justification to be against it as those concerned would never be at the ground for one of the rugby games.

"to line the corporate pocket seems more of an issue than cutting our debts" (or as Joe Fox put it later - money, more money in the pockets of the fat cats behind the scenes)
- no shareholders are getting dividends & none are looking for any so that is simply untrue.

Mike - True Blue Tinter:
"If we try to own the stadium outright it will take about 15 years and up to £25million, including interest payments" &
Homer
"If we remained outside the Prem (or continued to yo-yo) it would be double that - but we could still own our ground outright"
- it would take around 10 years of non stop premiership football, however continued championship football would result in no ownership after 50 years based on the current financial deal, as interest outstrips repayments.

Joe Fox:
"lots of cons.

a) the pitch, it'll be awful, truly awful and no amount of empty promises for 'fibre/grass technological advances' will prevent the pitch from being a complete quagmire come christmas"
- can only be proved if it happens, however Reading's is a similar surface, so there are 2 chances to look at it soon

"b) awful looking stadium, a big technicoloured mess
- no decisions have been taken yet on how it will look, we will push hard for fan consultation (as promised at the open meeting) & intend to take a lead in these discussions. Also Filbo had orange seats etc - doesn't that come under the same description, however much we loved it

"c) fixture clashes, get ready for plenty of rearranged fixtures, saturday mornings will be commonplace"
- clashes have been avoided in previous seasons due to police requirements, its only this season that clashes have been allowed. Think this is a red herring

"d) character, imagine the stadium with even less character than it has now"
- again nothing decided see b above

SilverFox:
"From discussions with a high ranking LCFC official I am assured that we would and could indeed one day own the stadium if we carry on doing exactly what we are doing now"
- see above, one day could be not in our lifetime
"By signing up to this we will never have 100% it will always be 50%. I was told by this high ranking official that we will also NEVER own the stadium...only half, half the profits, half of all that is re-branded. And we won't even own that 50% for many many years...WE WILL CONTINUE TO PAY A MORTGAGE, because we don't have the money to buy our half."
- neither have the Tigers who will also have a mortgage. Half the profits for the directly non-footballing activity, but on match days the revenue is LCFC's.

gregs_y2k:
"I'm neither for nor against the ground share. But i' just wondering what will happen IF Tigers go bankrupt, would it affect City in anyway?"
- if one party goes under, the other will have first right of full ownership, depends if they could afford it.

Good to see a debate today, thought everybody has gone to sleep on this one

Boy Genius

Banned
Well FT that told them, I suggest you send them to bed without supper for the crime of stating their opions.

Answer me this, are Tigers getting half the ground for half of what is owing on it, or are they getting half the ground by paying half of what it cost to build.

I have not stated if I like rugby or not, I am just not in favor of it. So what if it takes 10 to 50 years to pay off we will own it 100%. Keep in mind that in the future if City want to borrow money against the stadium for whatever reason they desire they could, with Tigers there it would be more difficult to do so.

homer

Another flabulous load of flannel from the FT on this issue, as ever. Thanks for those inciteful comments

highland fox

Maybe I'm too optimistic but '10 years continuous Premiership Football' isn't too much of a pipe dream for us is it?

Joe_Fox

highland fox said:
Maybe I'm too optimistic but '10 years continuous Premiership Football' isn't too much of a pipe dream for us is it?

See Colonic Irrigation thread.

homer

Why look on the positive side when you can emphasise the doom and gloom story to justify the whole deal ??

Ten years of Prem football sees us owning our stadium outright
Ten - twenty years of yo-yo football sees us owning our stadium outright

But lets pich the scare story of remaining in the shite for the next fifty years, and then the Tigers deal is like a ray of sunshine

Just appalling stuff, it really is

Joe_Fox

I'm with you on this was home boy. I just hope that the pitch at Reading is appalling so that some of the short sighted amongst us realise it's a bad bad bad bad bad idea.

No doubt Uncle Tim will travel down to the Madejski Stadium tonight and slip £20 notes in the pants of the groundmen there. "Do an extra special job for tomorrow lads".

Well what a surprise.

In responding to the information posted by the foxes trust all we get is intellectually challenged, ignorant drivel.

Is it too much to ask that we discuss what is a massive subject in a mature, intelligent and informative manner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669