Starting Line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless NP has plans for bringing DJ back in to the squad I think we need another two strikers. Howard will not be able to play 40+ matches this season so we need a similar player to share the workload.

I agree. Also, if Matty gets off to a iffy start we will need to be able to switch things around.

N,Guessan will be a good option also. He can run at, and beat people with ease. Might end up being the joker in the pack, depending on how he responds to coaching.

-----------------Weale-----------

Nelison------tunchev------Hobbs------Mattock

----Oakley-------Wellens------King------

--N'guessan-----------------------Gradel

---------Jan Vennegoor of Hesslink-----------

Promotion winning team - for Suro!!!

Last edited:
Imo we will sign a striker similar to when we signed fryatt someone from the leagues below us who has promise,Someone who can fill in when needed but will also within time become the number one choice.

I disagree. I think we need someone more similar to Howard. I always felt we didnt cope well when Howard was missing last season.

No Matt Jones or Lee morris? You're mental mate.

This goes back to my post on the Michael Owen thread about finding it bizarre that fans seem to find players accountable for injuries. I dont understand how Jones or Morris can be considered among the worst players in Leicesters history at all.

Jones looked good when he played, and i dont think Morris ever did play.

This goes back to my post on the Michael Owen thread about finding it bizarre that fans seem to find players accountable for injuries.
They do it on purpose, Rosso. Didn't you know that some footballers would much rather be in pain in the treatment room than having a kick about outside? It's because they're all cynical and lazy and "want to pick up a fat cheque for doing nothing, the bastards".

Weale

Mattock Hobbs Tunchev Neilson

Dyer Wellens/King Oakley N'Guessan/Gradel

Howard Fryatt/Lita

Subs -
Pentney
Brown
Chambers
Someone
Someone
Someone
Someone

Missing Morrison off the bench. I might choose Morrison over Neilson too. Not seen Neilson play yet so its hard to comment, but i though Morrison played well at RB when required last season.

Last edited:
This goes back to my post on the Michael Owen thread about finding it bizarre that fans seem to find players accountable for injuries. I dont understand how Jones or Morris can be considered among the worst players in Leicesters history at all.

Jones looked good when he played, and i dont think Morris ever did play.

I have to beg to differ. He had a nice line in stroking the ball back gracefully to his left back or goalie; when playing it forward however, he had an uncanny knack in playing it to the opposition. A fancy dan who definately thought he was a lot better than he really was.

Last edited:
whoops.

... and outfield

Nielson Hobbs Tunchev Mattock

N'Guessan Clemence Oakley Dyer

Fryatt Howard

I do think we need a back up for Howard (unless N'Guessan can do this) as we didn't have a Plan B when Big H was missing

whoops.

... and outfield

Nielson Hobbs Tunchev Mattock

N'Guessan Clemence Oakley Dyer

Fryatt Howard

I do think we need a back up for Howard (unless N'Guessan can do this) as we didn't have a Plan B when Big H was missing

Why?

Not convinced Howard and Fryatt will be first choice, think it depends who we bring in.

If we splash some serious money (like the £2m that Cox was going for), I can't see that person being brought in as backup... £2m is a lot of money for us to spend, don't think we'd spend that on a sub!

Not convinced Howard and Fryatt will be first choice, think it depends who we bring in.

If we splash some serious money (like the £2m that Cox was going for), I can't see that person being brought in as backup... £2m is a lot of money for us to spend, don't think we'd spend that on a sub!

Which is probably why we haven't and probably won't spend that much money this summer? :102:

How will we line up v Swansea? My guess:

Weales
Neilson
Hobbs
Tunchev
Mattock
Gradel/ or NGuessan
Oakley
Wellens
Dyer
Fryatt
New striker/or NGuessan/ or Howard
Dyer
Subs
Petney
Morrison
King
Brown
Howard/ or NGuessan
Astrid

I've never heard of this 'Subs' guy but certainly playing 19 players should guarantee us at least a draw.

Weales

Neilson Hobbs Tunchev Mattock

Oakley Wellens King Dyer

Fryatt Howard

Subs
Pentney
Morrison
Brown
NGuessan
Adjarevic
Dickov
A. Chambers

(We are allowed 7 subs this season aren't we?):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669