Statement Regarding Fixture Fulfilment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the fallout over this fixture.

I say hats off to the club for getting the match on. I'm sure the Middlesbrough fans who attended also would say the same. Let's get one thing straight this was not the fiasco we had with the away fixture at Portman Road under Sven. That was an absolute farce! This game was no comparison. The pitch was perfectly playable and the roads to the stadium weren't that bad. It took a little longer to get there but it was by no means gridlock according to my brother and my dad who both attended and traveled from Stoney Stanton. They gave themselves plenty of time to get to the ground and they arrived with time to spare. The game was delayed to even accommodate fans who were running late. What more do you expect the club to do? If fans from Middlesbrough can make that journey to our stadium, I don't see how any Leicester fan can whine about not being able to get there.

If you don't want to take the risk of going out in bad weather then that's fine and your prerogative. But don't have a go at the club because they went ahead without you. Those who stayed at home, can hardly say they missed out. The game was televised so the loss was negligible. The club did itself a huge credit by getting the game on and have avoided an additional fixture later in the season which could ultimately affect our run in. Fixtures have been played at the ground under worse conditions. Let us not forget the Everton fan who was killed outside the ground by flying debris on a windy day. Did anyone on here bat an eyelid that day? That match wasn't televised and still went ahead despite the weather.

Don't forget how our ability to get fixtures on during a severe cold snap in the 60's had a positive affect on the club and their league campaign. We got the game on and we got 3 points. Stop complaining.

Last edited:
it was by no means gridlock according to my brother and my dad who both attended and traveled from Stoney Stanton.

The gridlock was in the city centre, from mid afternoon onwards, and affected people who were trying to get home from work. People who were travelling outside the city after the rush hour period were OK. But some people hadn't got home from work until too late to then go to the match.

The game was delayed to even accommodate fans who were running late.

The game was delayed because the Middlesbrough team arrived late (they only had a couple of miles to go, and it took two hours - so don't try telling them the traffic was OK!), it was nothing to do with helping fans.

Those who stayed at home, can hardly say they missed out. The game was televised so the loss was negligible. .

I think those that bought a ticket and were subsequently unable to attend may take a different view. You also seem to be making the assumption that everyone pays out for Sky Sports.

I haven't been around to comment on this. The club clearly did everything it needed to do and can not be blamed for the situation. The ref found the pitch playable and it clearly was, so no blame can be attached there. The only thought in my mind is that the Met Office were advising against all non-essential travel; and with travelling to a match hardly being capable as being described as essential, there is no authority for anybody to postpone the match in such circumstances. Perhaps there should be.

there is no authority for anybody to postpone the match in such circumstances. Perhaps there should be.

Don't really see the need for it tbh.

The pitch was fine. The players and officials were all present. 8k people made it (inc. Boro fans).

As others have said, I think that the club should probably have offered some form of refund/voucher/token gesture, but I don't think that matches should be cancelled if they can go ahead.

8k people made it (inc. Boro fans).

Boro fans are tough northerners; I'm surprised more of them weren't wearing shorts.

The fact remains though that >8k failed to follow the official advice re non-essential travel. I don't know whether I would want to encourage that.

I still wonder whether the club will make some kind of gesture towards the fans; it would be good 'customer service' to do so. As with any business, the standard of customer service is as good a measure of the mark of the organisation as price or anything else.

Possibly this offer for the Wolves game for season ticket holders is a slight help for the fans given by the club. Although of course they are trying to get fans in on a Thursday night when the game's on Sky.
But if you want to go to the game and not a ST holder then get in touch with someone who is and get them to get you a cheap ticket

Last edited:
Possibly this offer for the Wolves game for season ticket holders is a slight help for the fans given by the club. Although of course they are trying to get fans in on a Thursday night when the game's on Sky.
But if you want to go to the game and not a ST holder then get in touch with someone who is and get them to get you a cheap ticket

That offer doesn't really benefit ST holders at all though directly. There's been very little, if any benefit to having a ST this year.

That offer doesn't really benefit ST holders at all though directly. There's been very little, if any benefit to having a ST this year.

Except of course that the 'per match' cost is vastly reduced. There was a time that a ST in the Carling Wing saved only about £10 a season - and, in fact, a single season when the total cost of individual tickets for every game was £4 less than that of a season ticket. The main difference was that it was at a time when the ground was substantially full and a ST was the only way of ensuring that you could get to see every game.

Except of course that the 'per match' cost is vastly reduced. There was a time that a ST in the Carling Wing saved only about £10 a season - and, in fact, a single season when the total cost of individual tickets for every game was £4 less than that of a season ticket. The main difference was that it was at a time when the ground was substantially full and a ST was the only way of ensuring that you could get to see every game.

I'm not sure it is vastly cheaper this season if you:

- Know other ST holders
- Buy the Mercury
- Have a birthday
- Visit the OS

Thats certainly how it feels anyway.

Very true...I think most season ticket holders lose sight of the savings they make these days from being a season ticket holder. With a sport that is now unfortunately very global, season ticket holders, at clubs in the higher tiers, make up less and less of the clubs revenue.

I think it is terrible that Sky also forced all those matches to go ahead on Saturday. They really are very evil.

Good point,

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure it is vastly cheaper this season if you:

- Know other ST holders
- Buy the Mercury
- Have a birthday
- Visit the OS

Thats certainly how it feels anyway.

It's felt better this season than last but I've paid less attention to the offers. Also, I've missed 3 games through one reason or another so made it more expensive for myself. I still feel it's good value though. Not sure I will if it goes up massively when we get promoted. For every Man Utd game there will be a Wigan at the same premium.

It's felt better this season than last but I've paid less attention to the offers. Also, I've missed 3 games through one reason or another so made it more expensive for myself. I still feel it's good value though. Not sure I will if it goes up massively when we get promoted. For every Man Utd game there will be a Wigan at the same premium.

Having done a bit research on it. If you were savy and were able to get ST holders to buy tickets for you and you've missed 3 or more games this season you're ST has cost you more than buying tickets individually. That doesn't include things like birthday offers which people have got previously.

Last edited:
Having done a bit research on it. If you were savy and were able to get ST holders to buy tickets for you and you've missed 3 or more games this season you're ST has cost you more than buying tickets individually.

Do you get discount if a ST holder buys one then or is it the standard 10% thing? I may have missed 4 actually so I'm screwed. Though I do get the benefit of setting near the same people each week so I don't run the risk of ending up next to some of the undesirables.

Do you get discount if a ST holder buys one then or is it the standard 10% thing? I may have missed 4 actually so I'm screwed. Though I do get the benefit of setting near the same people each week so I don't run the risk of ending up next to some of the undesirables.

Theres been several offers for ST holders wanting to buy extra tickets. For the Wolves game they can be had for £20 and for the Huddersfield game £10 (with Merc vouchers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669