Statement Regarding Fixture Fulfilment

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said I think it was the right decision to keep the game on.

For the fans that travelled.
For sky.
For the club (team on form).

Games the following day at other clubs didnt have such shocking attendances, and boro fans still made it, so not sure why we had so many saying they couldnt make it, the main roads were fine, only side streets were really bad.

But its been done now, why is there still a fuss? its one game. If I had paid for a ticket personally I would have left no later than 5pm.

What I think was wrong was that there was no defenite message if the game was on or not until almost kick off.

not sure why we had so many saying they couldnt make it, the main roads were fine, only side streets were really bad.

As has been mentioned numerous times before, the City was in gridlock for much of the afternoon. The Middlesbrough coach took two hours to get to the ground from their hotel, many Leicester players abandoned their car and walked. Many people didn't get home from work until it was too late to go out again to the match.

If I had paid for a ticket personally I would have left no later than 5pm.

Many people wouldn't have had the opportunity to leave early.

What I think was wrong was that there was no defenite message if the game was on or not until almost kick off.

Surely you should assume it's on unless you hear otherwise?

Wow, you hung on to the wrong point there David. [...] There were no Health and Safety issues with the match going ahead. Of [stet] the old person doesn't want a fall then they don't go, same as I didn't.

Why am I not surprised that a teacher should assert that his own view is the only correct one? Surely with a 'don't travel unless your journey is essential' weather warning having been in operation, the matter is debatable at the very least.

As an ex-teacher I can attest that my point of view is now very ropey, bordering on the absurd.

Why am I not surprised that a teacher should assert that his own view is the only correct one? Surely with a 'don't travel unless your journey is essential' weather warning having been in operation, the matter is debatable at the very least.

Wasn't intending it as the only one, but as it's mine, I believe it is correct. If people were driving or walking then there were H+S implications, my point was that the club didn't force them to leave their house.

Games the following day at other clubs didnt have such shocking attendances, and boro fans still made it, so not sure why we had so many saying they couldnt make it, the main roads were fine, only side streets were really bad.
Boro fans would have either had a full day or half day off work to travel down. Either that or they caught the train. Making it a damn site easier than finishing work at 5pm, having to get home (as most do first) and then travel back to the ground. If you worked in the city centre that was pretty much impossible.

People with games on Saturday didn't have schools closing and midweek rush hour to contend with. The majority would also have been leaving straight from home, rather than having to get home first.

What do you consider main roads? Because Melton Road, London Road, Welford Road etc were gridlocked for most of the afternoon / early evening.

Most Leicester fans would have had to go to work meaning they got

Boro fans would have either had a full day or half day off work to travel down. Either that or they caught the train. Making it a damn site easier than finishing work at 5pm, having to get home (as most do first) and then travel back to the ground. If you worked in the city centre that was pretty much impossible.

People with games on Saturday didn't have schools closing and midweek rush hour to contend with. The majority would also have been leaving straight from home, rather than having to get home first.

What do you consider main roads? Because Melton Road, London Road, Welford Road etc were gridlocked for most of the afternoon / early evening.

Most Leicester fans would have had to go to work meaning they got

But as the snow had been predicted, would it not have been sensible to take tickets to work on the off chance their might be trouble? People failing to prepare isn't the clubs fault.

And if you had kids/partner/friends you had to go to pick up after the match, you should have taken them to work with you too.

Nobody has mentioned having to pick up their kids/partner/friends, just their ticket.

Obviously prioritising the most important things. :icon_bigg

Last edited:
Is this still happening? COAB.

I blame Pearson for not buying any new players in the transfer window, we having nothing to post about.

Obviously you have to blame SKY as well

Last edited:
What if the players couldn't make it.

Remember the pitch was playable.

I just can't believe people didn't get a room at the holiday inn next to the ground for the night before and also the night of the game. That was the obvious and most logical thing to do given the forecast.

Sky have definitely improved the game 10 fold for fans going to games since their involvement as money doesn't talk at all.

But as the snow had been predicted, would it not have been sensible to take tickets to work on the off chance their might be trouble? People failing to prepare isn't the clubs fault.
Is leaving at 3pm instead of 5pm not being prepared? Call me a fool but leaving 5 hours before kickoff to travel from one side of Leicester to the other seemed like plenty of time considering the journey usually takes 1hr 10 minutes and the WORST it's ever been was 2 hours 30 minutes when a bit of snow hit previously.

On top of that I do not take to work clothing that enables me to sit in the cold for two hours, or shoes to be able to walk 15 miles.

Where do you draw the line with how prepared I should have been? Perhaps I should have booked the day off knowing snow was coming or booked into the hotel next door to the ground.

Don't give it a genuine reply Babylon as it is worse trolling than what we get from cafe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669