Stearman joins Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm off to The Walkers to bagsy his Porsche. So long.

:038::038: Agreed, lets see what happens now hes gone to a club where he will have to fight for his place and isnt viewed as a hero by the BM's whatever he does.

I wish him the best, but cant say I was ever a fan. He lost my respect when he realised he was first name on the team sheet (being a local lad etc) and didnt have to work for his place, so he didnt.

Thanks Dick, but I wont be sheding any tears!

I always thought Stearman was one of the more slated players myself, certainly at my end of the ground he could do no right. It took a long time for people to accept that his form had improved under IH and he deserved his place in the side.

I really could not give a flying who leaves TBH, the useless feckers have given us four years of shite and maybe letting most of them go will get rid of the bad attitude and lack of effort for the shirt that has been here too long.
I know the level of replacements may not have the track record we have been used to, but if they can give us the effort I will be behind them more than the shower we have watched for last few seasons.

Perhaps he's one of those players who shape up when the TV cameras are on (de Vries...) and therefore my view might be somewhat limited but from what I have seen I do not think he is a joke of a footballer and as I said I think he will do well in Wolves.

Also agree with Lboro_fox.

Just to point out, it may be that the club want these players to go to reduce the wage bill and to generate some cash for any incoming players.

I also take into account the majority of our players would be happy to move up into a better league, but I bet that the club aren't completely disappointed they are leaving for decent sums of money.

The budget will be severely affected by relegation (marketing revenue will be slashed) and as generous as mad milan is, he wants some money back in his pocket and this is the easiest way while conveying the usual media front that he is ploughing his cash into the playing side to ensure a swift return to the Championship.

I always thought Stearman was one of the more slated players myself, certainly at my end of the ground he could do no right. It took a long time for people to accept that his form had improved under IH and he deserved his place in the side.

Maybe, but 6 months of half decent performances dosnt make up for 2 years of half arsed swanning around.

And how he got player of the year is beyond me, some of the mascots performed better, at least they could pass a ball.

...yes he did improve under Holloway but as I said earlier in the thread I don't think it was because of IH - I'm pretty sure Stearman knew that Villa had a scout watching him at every match & obviously other clubs watching him from time to time as well. His poor form for the first half the season and a full year or so of poor form before that with this sudden improvement does him little credit.

Last edited:
...yes he did improve under Holloway but as I said earlier in the thread I don't think it was because of IH - I'm pretty sure Stearman knew that Villa had a scout watching him at every match & obviously other clubs watching him from time to time as well. His poor form for half the season and a full year or so of poor form before that with this sudden improvement does him little credit.

So that means he has capacity if he can only be bothered.
That's why I think he will do well in Wolves (which I have said three times now).

I dont know anything, inside info wise, but would you stay if the unlce Milan had said he had accepted an offer for you and would quite like it if you left? IMO if we wanted to stop him going to Wolves then we could.

Looking at what the OS says, it was his representatives that made it clear that he did not want to stay and play League 1 football. So, if he doesn't want to stay and help make amends for last year then he can 'ck off as far as I'm concerned.

So that means he has capacity if he can only be bothered.
That's why I think he will do well in Wolves (which I have said three times now).

I think the Wolves will chew him up and spit him out. McCarthy is under pressure this season, the board there are 'going for it' with some reasonable investment last season and now this. He will have to have them in the top six from the start of the season until the end or he will be sacked. If Stearman performs how I think he will perform, he'll be in the stiffs by christmas. McCarthy will not be able to afford to tolerate under-achievers.

Last edited:
I remember seeing him play his first game at the Walker's. He impressed me with his composure and technical ability.
Since then, his career has plateaud (sp) out, for whatever reason.

Now, it appears that he has fallen to the level of ridicule the moment he steps on the pitch.

By going to wolves, he might be able to regain his early promise, Frankly I don't care.

Onwards and upwards without him, (co-incidentally, LCFC have been crap for the last 4 years, RS has been here all that time, interesting???)

At least James Chambers might finally get to place in his correct position...if he's still here

Just to point out, it may be that the club want these players to go to reduce the wage bill and to generate some cash for any incoming players.

I also take into account the majority of our players would be happy to move up into a better league, but I bet that the club aren't completely disappointed they are leaving for decent sums of money.

The budget will be severely affected by relegation (marketing revenue will be slashed) and as generous as mad milan is, he wants some money back in his pocket and this is the easiest way while conveying the usual media front that he is ploughing his cash into the playing side to ensure a swift return to the Championship.

Spot on Dunc, read on Bentleys roof that some of the players were being persuaded to move on despite wanting to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669