Stearman to Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fox

It's a done deal for Richard Stearman who wiil sign for Villa in Jan for a big fee (£1.5m or thereabouts). MON wiil be pleased with Stearmans performance last night against Villa.

We are playing some very good football at the moment which should help us in our quest for a top six spot. Well done boys. :038:

It's a done deal for Richard Stearman who wiil sign for Villa in Jan for a big fee (£1.5m or thereabouts). MON wiil be pleased with Stearmans performance last night against Villa.

We are playing some very good football at the moment which should help us in our quest for a top six spot. Well done boys. :038:

As we reportedly turned down 1.75m from Sunderland, I think your sources might be a bit awry there.

£1.5m is not a 'big' fee for him IMO, especially if we turned down more from Sunderland recently.

We are playing some very good football at the moment
With all the fear in the world of appearing negative, I can't agree with this statement.

The football we have played over the last month as being nothing more than average at best. What has changed is the level of commitment and determination to win every ball and keep fighting to the end. Any nuetral watching us wouldn't be impressed, we are because we can see the new found passion and it excites us.

If we can start putting some passes together and playing through balls from midfield to the forwards, then we will be a major force in this league. At the minute, it's desire that is helping us climb the table, not footballing ability

Last edited:

old news mate

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15115

:icon_conf :icon_lol: ;)

Agreed Melts, the thing that worries me more than anything has been our 'hard-working' but (until recently) shy front-line. While Hume has finally found a scoring touch (when I say 'finally' I am talking for the front-line as a whole, not just Hume) we have been firing blanks for a while. Should we continue doing this then all the effort in the world won't get us anything more than a struggle this season.

With all the fear in the world of appearing negative, I can't agree with this statement.

The football we have played over the last month as being nothing more than average at best. What has changed is the level of commitment and determination to win every ball and keep fighting to the end. Any nuetral watching us wouldn't be impressed, we are because we can see the new found passion and it excites us.

If we can start putting some passes together and playing through balls from midfield to the forwards, then we will be a major force in this league. At the minute, it's desire that is helping us climb the table, not footballing ability

Absolute agree. Last night we didnt create enough when in the second half, Villa thought they had won the game. Both goals were set pieces, whether its now to the inability of the wingers to beat a man or the midfield yesterday was very defensive with both players in the centre for consideration.

true but mine came from the villa camp and not a web site melts :biggrin: ;) :icon_lol:
Bloody hell, a foot in the Villan and Dryeb camps eh Newts, we might have to start publicly flogging you :icon_lol:

Having had the pleasure to get to know you though, I'm confident you wouldn't consider it anything other than a pleasure :icon_lol:

Hold on....is Stearman ACTUALLY going to Villa? Cos if so I'll go nuts about it....the club says "we're not in the business of selling our brightest youngsters" only to let em go to a feckin local rival.....

Hold on....is Stearman ACTUALLY going to Villa? Cos if so I'll go nuts about it....the club says "we're not in the business of selling our brightest youngsters" only to let em go to a feckin local rival.....

Calm down, we've already turned down Sunderland in the Summer. However, every player has his price, and if we are offered really good money we can strengthen the squad. Also, if Stearman is aware there is definate interest, would you want to keep an unhappy player not giving 100%. However, we hold all the cards here - Strearman has a long time to go on his contract, and the club have said that finance-wise we do not have to sell any players.

Calm down, we've already turned down Sunderland in the Summer. However, every player has his price, and if we are offered really good money we can strengthen the squad. Also, if Stearman is aware there is definate interest, would you want to keep an unhappy player not giving 100%. However, we hold all the cards here - Strearman has a long time to go on his contract, and the club have said that finance-wise we do not have to sell any players.

Sadly the board may see it as a way of balancing the books for this year. Would be devastated because I'm a firm believer in moving mountains to keep your best players.

This is exactly why we need investment.

*Looks around for Mandaric*

Stearman wasnt keen on a move to Sunderland (who would be) but I'd think he will be well keen to go to Villa under MON. Players hold all the cards RS, no point in keeping a want away player even if we dont want to sell.

This can work for us too IMO, no point having highly rated youngsters in a patchy squad, if we get a good fee for him then a few astute signings could force us in to better contention for play offs. The frustration would be if we sold him and didn't re-invest in the team, but a good striker (Freedman?) and midfielder (no clue) could completely change our season.

Stearman wasnt keen on a move to Sunderland (who would be) but I'd think he will be well keen to go to Villa under MON. Players hold all the cards RS, no point in keeping a want away player even if we dont want to sell.

Point taken re the power of players, but I was more referring to the fee we would get - he isn't nearing the end of his contract, we are not desperate for cash, and can therefore play hardball with regard to a fee.

Point taken re the power of players, but I was more referring to the fee we would get - he isn't nearing the end of his contract, we are not desperate for cash, and can therefore play hardball with regard to a fee.

Point taken re fee Vs Contract length :icon_wink :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69