Stephen Clemence - Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Bullplop Rumours Thread

Exactly, good player in a good team. Surrounded by Bendtner, Larsson, Muamba,McSheffrey etc... doing the donkey work that we've bought Kishishev for.

But he was better than all of those other players :102:

Surely that still doesn't mean that everything printed about us in the Mirror is true?

I'm sure they've printed plenty of rumours about us lately which aren't still.

No but there's always a chance when it's in the Mirror or we're have made a bid or offered a deal (which maybe rejected).

Would be an extremely nice sweetener in the Kisnorbo deal, methinks

How can you honestly say he is a better player then Gary McSheffrey and Bendtner?!

He's not saying it - the Birmingham fans that watch the team week in week out have said it :icon_roll

He's not saying it - the Birmingham fans that watch the team week in week out have said it :icon_roll

I'd take Wenger's word over theirs...as he wouldn't sell Bendtner to them because he'll be challenging for a first team spot this season :icon_roll

Clemence would be the best signing so far.
A midifield of him and Kishishev sat behind hume in the whole would be worlds apart from where we are right now.
But i can't for the life of me see it happening.
He was their player of the year FFS. It's just talk to get a new contract.
Although i hope not.
Looks like Ince might convince Mcleod to stay too....

Would be an extremely nice sweetener in the Kisnorbo deal, methinks

On the official site message board, where I first saw this, I've already responded that it would be a suprise to me how their player of the year would come here... however, what Homer says here may well explain it (IF it happens!) I think losing Kinsboro' knocks a substantial hole in our squad. McCAuley is definately good enough but I worry about N'Gotty due to his age (both Keown & Dublin were not great successes playing at centre back for us at the same age)... and what happens if either is injured. Being able to rely on Kinsbo' to bang in 5-6 goals a season is a substantial bonus as well that we would loss.

On the official site message board, where I first saw this, I've already responded that it would be a suprise to me how their player of the year would come here... however, what Homer says here may well explain it (IF it happens!) I think losing Kinsboro' knocks a substantial hole in our squad. McCAuley is definately good enough but I worry about N'Gotty due to his age (both Keown & Dublin were not great successes playing at centre back for us at the same age)... and what happens if either is injured. Being able to rely on Kinsbo' to bang in 5-6 goals a season is a substantial bonus as well that we would loss.

I would swap that for a scoring midfielder

Re: Stephen Clemence

we know

-----------------------------------------------
Leicester go for Birmingham's Clemence
tribalfooball.com - June 27, 2007

Leicester City are set to snap up Birmingham City midfielder Stephen Clemence.

Clemence, 29, was City's player of the year last term as they finished second in the Championship to gain promotion.

But the ex-Spurs ace only has two years left on his deal and is miffed he hasn't been offered new terms as reward for helping Steve Bruce's side go up.

Clemence's unhappiness has reached Foxes' owner Milan Mandaric, who is weighing up a £500,000 bid
for his services.
-----------------------------------------------

To defend myself I would like to invoke the standard "the massive rumours thread is crap" argument. I much prefer individual threads on different stories.

To defend myself I would like to invoke the standard "the massive rumours thread is crap" argument. I much prefer individual threads on different stories.

tbh i thought the outcome of that was that we would have single threads for each player?

Anyone?

Can't win either way... get moaned at posting in here and moaned at for making a new one.

Just lock this one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670