Steve Cooper - LCFC manager

Presumably, a major reason why Steve Cooper was recruited was due to the expected points deduction. We were looking for someone used to the bottom end of the PL who could work in adversity and be a bit of a yes man.

Now I do like Cooper. He seems a very straight talking and acting guy. He's supposed to be a good coach. The problem seems to be that he's not got our key players onside at all.

It's pretty obvious that people like Hermansen and Winks are not enjoying their roles now. The sidelining of Ricardo is odd in itself but the fact that you then have the guy Cooper has chosen over him (Justin) calling out the attitude and approach of the team on Saturday was especially worrying to me. If he hasn't got someone he's backed so heavily being positive, what's that all about?

Vardy seems to like working for him. Ndidi too. But the list of players that don't seem to be enjoying their football is much longer than those that do. Cooper has already made a few 'half' comments about needing senior players to buy into his approach.

I don't know if Cooper is the sort to bark instructions from the bench but there seems to be a disconnect at the moment. When there is an delay, I often look to see who goes over to the manager and it rarely seems to be anyone with Cooper. I thought the body language and communication on the pitch before the penalties last night was terrible. It was as though he didn't want to talk to his players and the feeling was mutual.

I certainly wasn't expecting miracles this year. We've got a large, unbalanced squad of mainly very average players. We're still carrying about 10 players that we'd hardly notice if they disappeared. But I did expect more fight and hunger from a lot of them than we've seen so far.

Then there is the weird attitude to young players. Alves has been kept and then ignored. Golding? Fatawu just doesn't seem to be being coached to deal with the PL at all. McAteer has vanished from the PL squad now too.

Based on the first five rounds of PL performances, the only team I can see us finishing above is Southampton. I'd swap places with every other club in the league. Both in terms of squad and manager.

He's got a hell of a job on his hands making this all come together from where it is right now.

Well, he has and he hasn't, a few wins and this all starts to move forward surely?

Now we know we aren't having a points deduction, who do you think may come? Corberan? Potter?

Well, he has and he hasn't, a few wins and this all starts to move forward surely?

Now we know we aren't having a points deduction, who do you think may come? Corberan? Potter?

It's a point none of the SC critics have an answer to. Who is available that is better?

That's why I'm supportive of him despite worrying signs. The alternative options look rank.

We've offered the job to Potter three times and he's said no three times. Surely we're not so pathetic as to try again. Corberan might be a good manager but it's just a punt. I wouldn't go there with someone like that when he can't recruit or have time to settle.

It's a point none of the SC critics have an answer to. Who is available that is better?
It's not their job.

This is a non argument. If I buy a car and it keeps breaking down, I don't hang on to it and hope it improves, simply because I know **** all about which cars are better or worse. I either have the problem fixed or get rid because it's rubbish and try my luck with a different one. None of us would have picked Ranieri or Maresca but we tried our luck; they did their jobs exceptionally well. The real question, is whether Cooper is capable of fixing what is obviously broken.

There are very few people actually calling for Cooper to be removed at the moment anyway but if it continues to be as poor as it has, hanging on to him because someone else might not be any better is just idiotic.

If people didn’t like Enzo’s style and aren’t convinced by Cooper’s… wait for Moyes :-)

Cooper’s first season in the Premier League with Forest had a shocking start…4 points after 8 games.

They finished 16th.

We’re staying up.

Lets see how we have faired after Bournemouth, Southampton, Forest and Ipswich. If we have not collected a minimum of 6 points then for me we have to seriously consider our options. The concerning part is SC lack of attacking intent, his negative approach at Palace cost 3 points and his Subs invited Palace to attack and the result was inevitable.

Against Everton he was too conservative and is reluctant to make changes early to influence the game, I do not think our squad is woefully out of its depth and we are obviously competitive in the fixtures so far. I can accept as a fan losing if we actually have a go at our opposition in games.

I would like to see SC play with two natural wingers who are comfortable at attacking and ghosting past defenders, Ayew is not in that category even though his work rate is phenomenal, I guess it is the trade off in that position. If SC wants Ayew because of the work rate then he at least needs to give Fatawu longer than 5 mins in a game to affect change.

If we look at the cup game SC selection was negative, yes some of the players did not put their hands up for selection in the prem, but you could see that we needed changes at half time. Instead our manager stuck with it, perhaps he is the same mold and ethos as Bodgers, time will tell.

I Never wanted him in the first place but absolutely 100% want him to thrive and for us to work as a club unit.

That said, I’ve spoken to some associates who are For3st fans and they all say the same thing. That he sets up every match to not lose, seems to have some aversion to attacking and has no plan b. Every match is a dogfight aimed at not losing, rather than winning. I get that if you don’t concede, that’s half the job, but we have one of the weaker squads in the league and our forward players are probably the strongest part of the squad, except for perhaps Ricardo.

They also say that he became so loved there because he brought them back up after 22 years away. The love, togetherness and energy from fans to any manager in that situation was bound to be nothing short of infatuation.

More so, given the way he did it with them languishing at the bottom when he first came in. He brings them up after decades away, then that momentum just about kept them up in their first season back. The fuel of keeping them up was indeed that momentum, recent history and camaraderie of the previous season’s success.

But he doesn’t have any of that with us. In fact, it was a lukewarm response from our lot with many being underwhelmed. We get the Cooper of his third season with Fore$t minus the affection and togetherness.

Finally, I have to be honest, the bond he built with their fans is unnerving for me. And if a lot of you dig a little deeper, you might admit that him being such a modern legend there, might give you some feeling of unease, or something to that affect.

I don’t like that he’s loved by them so much. I don’t like that we went down the same season they stayed up and he was their manager. Moreover, nothing in his time in Nottingham has at all convinced me that he was the right manager, or had the right style to keep us up this season, especially in a season with potential points deduction, one of the weaker squads in the division, and with us being in a fragile position overall.

That being said, in Steve Cooper we trust. I back him until he’s gone. You gotta give a guy some time, and hope he has it to keep us up. I can’t help but think, though, that his time is up soon. Something doesn’t feel right.

I Never wanted him in the first place but absolutely 100% want him to thrive and for us to work as a club unit.

That said, I’ve spoken to some associates who are For3st fans and they all say the same thing. That he sets up every match to not lose, seems to have some aversion to attacking and has no plan b. Every match is a dogfight aimed at not losing, rather than winning. I get that if you don’t concede, that’s half the job, but we have one of the weaker squads in the league and our forward players are probably the strongest part of the squad, except for perhaps Ricardo.

They also say that he became so loved there because he brought them back up after 22 years away. The love, togetherness and energy from fans to any manager in that situation was bound to be nothing short of infatuation.

More so, given the way he did it with them languishing at the bottom when he first came in. He brings them up after decades away, then that momentum just about kept them up in their first season back. The fuel of keeping them up was indeed that momentum, recent history and camaraderie of the previous season’s success.

But he doesn’t have any of that with us. In fact, it was a lukewarm response from our lot with many being underwhelmed. We get the Cooper of his third season with Fore$t minus the affection and togetherness.

Finally, I have to be honest, the bond he built with their fans is unnerving for me. And if a lot of you dig a little deeper, you might admit that him being such a modern legend there, might give you some feeling of unease, or something to that affect.

I don’t like that he’s loved by them so much. I don’t like that we went down the same season they stayed up and he was their manager. Moreover, nothing in his time in Nottingham has at all convinced me that he was the right manager, or had the right style to keep us up this season, especially in a season with potential points deduction, one of the weaker squads in the division, and with us being in a fragile position overall.

That being said, in Steve Cooper we trust. I back him until he’s gone. You gotta give a guy some time, and hope he has it to keep us up. I can’t help but think, though, that his time is up soon. Something doesn’t feel right.
Had the exact same conversation with a forest fan friend of mine.

He says every time you go one ahead Cooper puts another defender on to cling on.

He said he still liked him - but saw the faults

After taking 2 points off us at Palace, the Premier league are now in cahoots with all and sundry to try and cause upheaval in the LCFC camp, to get us relegated.

Of course this is only my theory, but it could be bollox like everything else we read, but it could also be true.

Whos knows?

Hmmmm!

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58