Speculation Steve Howard leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Percy ‏ @John__Percy
All the best for the future to my pal @9howie who has left #lcfc today on a mobility scooter. #legend

John Percy ‏ @John__Percy
All the best for the future to my pal @9howie who has left #lcfc today on a mobility scooter. He still managed to commit 19 fouls, shout abuse at a small child and get sent off before he'd even left the building. #legend

Last edited:
Howard has said it wasn't his decision, and he's not retiring.

Here come the pay-outs!

The loss for this year is going to be horrendous. On the bright side, it means that the FFP has less of an impact going forwards. On the down side, it makes us (even more of) a laughing stock and could also make the Thais further re-evaluate their position. Not that I believe they're planning on going anywhere, or that they don't know how much they've spent, but it won't make nice reading for them.

2 years too late really but seems a genuine enough person so all the best but would be very surprised to see him playing any higher than League 2 next year.

What a relief. Hopefully the bit about Paintsil is true too. The more the merrier. Next stop: Moussa, Waghorn, Weale, Wellens, Gallagher, Bamba, Mills, and Peltier.

What a relief. Hopefully the bit about Paintsil is true too. The more the merrier. Next stop: Moussa, Waghorn, Weale, Wellens, Gallagher, Bamba, Mills, and Peltier.

There are a few of those that will make reasonable squad players, and if we are serious about promotion next year then we will need the depth in the squad to back that up.

Moussa wouldn't have been a bad player to have in back-up right now seeing as the midfield is completely decimated. He'd be on tiny wages too compared to signings of late so would be a good player to keep as he always looked decent enough but wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to leave for more game time.

We will definitely be seeing more of the Moussa/Morrison type signings this summer I imagine and I'd be more than happy with that.

I struggle to understand why we all love Nigel Pearson but, expect to see Wellens leave. Wellens will play every game next season, as long as he is fit.

Me too, he's the only one we've got who isn't afraid to put a tackle in always wants the ball which is more than can be said about the rest. Granted age isn't on his side now and also a potentially very serious injury for a player towards the end of his career but I still see him and Danns as the strongest 2 we have at the moment. Very good player in my opinion and would certainly get snapped up by another team in this league pretty sharpish should we be foolish enough to let him go.

How many goals has SH scored over the past 3 seasons?

Edit: Wiki says 11 goals.

This was his best in a Leicester shirt imo

Last edited by a moderator:
32 in his City career according to Soccerbase which is abysml really, especially considering that it includes a whole season in League 1. As I say, League 2 at the highest next year as he's been piss poor for a while!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670