Speculation Steve Howard leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a relief. Hopefully the bit about Paintsil is true too. The more the merrier. Next stop: Moussa, Waghorn, Weale, Wellens, Gallagher, Bamba, Mills, and Peltier.

• Moussa is one for the future, worth keeping.
  • Waghorn is unlikely to get a sniff but could be worth a punt for a Championship club elsewhere.
  • Weale has lived off his first season for too long, not good enough for the Championship.
  • Wellens should go but won't, very much a favourite.
  • Gallagher won't go and I'm glad really, he is useful on form and his technical ability is among the best in the squad.
  • Bamba gets an unfair rap for me and I rate him ahead of Morgan personally.
  • Mills will be off without question. The epitome of the club's profligacy which will become clearer still when a huge loss is made.
  • Peltier is an enigma. He clearly has something, pace and strength, that can be effective and has kept Pantsil well and truly out, but he's poor defensively. Perhaps a right-back to challenge his safe position would be a plan.

Last edited:
  • Peltier is an enigma. He clearly has something, pace and strength, that can be effective and has kept Pantsil well and truly out, but he's poor defensively. Perhaps a right-back to challenge his safe position would be a plan.

I think that Pantsil has kept himself out.

Peltier (on current form) is not good enough.

I'm pleased he is leaving. He is not a good player to have on the bench. However, a few leagues below he could still be useful. Don't forget, he has been very useful to the club (especially league one)! Thanks Sir "Steve" but enjoy the rest of your career!

I just hope that Pearson has a giant land snail or a massive rock that can fill the hole in the squad caused by Howard's departure - if not then Pearson has to go too.

I just hope that Pearson has a giant land snail or a massive rock that can fill the hole in the squad caused by Howard's departure - if not then Pearson has to go too.

The guy's actually had a very decent career. A good professional who always gave of his best. Probably not fashionable or cynical enough for of me to say that but he's got some good old fashioned qualities which I think that decent Leicester supporters warmed to.

The 4 - 0 beating of Derby, SH's "Messi" style run through the Rams defence was like turning back the years. (Didn't Schlupp score from the resulting corner?)

Glad he's gone now, a year late. Did well for us in League One though, and alright in our first season back up.

Has he gone, though?
listening to NP after the game, he told IS that there are rumours but he is not telling IS anything about who's going.

Has he gone, though?
listening to NP after the game, he told IS that there are rumours but he is not telling IS anything about who's going.

Hence why this is the speculation thread.

I'd be very surprised if he's here come August.

Last edited:
Like him and his style of play 2-3 years ago. Younger replacement will be difficult to find. Good luck to him and thanks for his contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00