steve ( useless) howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you would mention Adebayor.

So this Adebayor is the player who has blistering pace and is as likely to come in with the ball himself from the wings or even from midfield as well as being a 'target' in and around the box for balls in from others. Or has he got a more cumbersome namesake?

It's probably just me, but I am struggling to equate Howards role with that provided by Adebayor.

I did say a target man of some kind. Adebayor is big stong and quick. They use him as a target when needed. As chelsea do with drogba.

I didn't say howard played the target man role in the same way. For from it. We are not in a postition get get a big strong quick target man, so howard is what we have and if you look back to when we got promoted we had deane and scowcroft very simular to howard. I personally think you need a target man type.

Re: steve ( useless)howard

Maybe he prefers the ball played from the flanks to get on to , rather than having to be the target man from the hoof ball.

Hes frustrated thats all, hes proved he can score goals at this level.

The goals hes scored have been on the deck.

Nail, head, hit.
Holloway has made it very clear that he wants two decent wingers and, given good service, Howard will be lethal - at this level: however, if we are currently unable to provide him with the crosses, perhaps a different combination is required for the remainder of this season.

I just remembered why I don’t come into the lcfc forum anymore……

Re: steve ( useless)howard

Maybe he prefers the ball played from the flanks to get on to , rather than having to be the target man from the hoof ball.

Absolutely spot on IMO Biff.Until we get crosses in from the byline we will not see the best of Howard.He's a proven Goalscorer at this level..with the right service.

Last edited:
I actually think Howard is an ok player but,

On Saturday Etuhu got to the byline on a few occasions but, due to the contrasting pace of the two, Howard was still on the half way line trundling up the field.

Fair enough that the fella needs crosses, but he needs crosses from slow wingers!

I wonder with Howard whether he was ever a "good" player, or a distinctly average player who had a couple of good seasons. I'd ask the same question about Clemence for that matter.

Howard is the best striker we have got:

Campbell- Weak and cant shoot

Hume - SHIT

Hammond - Never Fit

Hayles - OAP

And the rest are all poor apart from a few youngsters e.g McKay

Howard is the best striker we have got:

Campbell- Weak and cant shoot

Hume - SHIT

Hammond - Never Fit

Hayles - OAP

And the rest are all poor apart from a few youngsters e.g McKay
What a load of bollox that post is!!!;

Why is Howard our best striker?, what evidence do you have to suggest that?

Why do you think Campbell is weak?

Hume is our top scorer

Hammond - Fitness isn't the issue, it's his ability

Hayles - Age doesn't matter.

Sorry Tom, I know in another thread you thought I was "picking on you". I'm not honestly, but this is the ramblings of a nutter

What a load of bollox that post is!!!;

Why is Howard our best striker?, what evidence do you have to suggest that?

Why do you think Campbell is weak?

Hume is our top scorer

Hammond - Fitness isn't the issue, it's his ability

Hayles - Age doesn't matter.

Sorry Tom, I know in another thread you thought I was "picking on you". I'm not honestly, but this is the ramblings of a nutter

No i agree with what you are saying but it makes me angry when people always have a moan at howard ye i know he isnt fast but we didnt sign him for his pace. And ye he hasnt scored many goals but neither has campbell and look how much we bought him before and as for Hume he is top goalscorer but it isnt hard when you are playing in that team

No i agree with what you are saying but it makes me angry when people always have a moan at howard ye i know he isnt fast but we didnt sign him for his pace. And ye he hasnt scored many goals but neither has campbell and look how much we bought him before and as for Hume he is top goalscorer but it isnt hard when you are playing in that team
I do agree that if it goes on monetary value then Campbell is the biggest disappointment.

But for me, Howard is the biggest disappointment as I had so much expectation of him. But to be fair to him, when playing alongside Hume and DJ, you aint gonna get many chances 'cause the greedy pair of feckers will never let go of the ball unless they're gonna look like superstars.

Howard has looked very poor, and you have to blame Hollaway.

He rates him as the best stricker in the div, I assume with coming out with that statement he knows all his strenghs and weaknesses and knew what he was buying.

(MON watched/ had elliot watched that many times 'he knew what he had for breakfast each day')

He got 19 goals for derby somehow and its clearly not by how we are playing.

Suggest ollie buys a job lot of derby dvds

We had the same problem with pleat when he bought jimmy quinn

I blame Holloway for buying him and for continuing to play him, however I blame Howard for being such a useless ****.

Even if we completely changed our way of playing (do we even have a way of playing?) to suit Howard, we'd still do it wrong anyway.

I suggest Ollie drops him.

I blame Holloway for buying him and for continuing to play him, however I blame Howard for being such a useless ****.

Even if we completely changed our way of playing (do we even have a way of playing?) to suit Howard, we'd still do it wrong anyway.

Give it up. Howard is and will be a decent player for us.

Do you sit in block f1?

In fairness Howard would've scored the winner on Saturday be it not for a first class Basso save at the end. If he gets the service, he will score goals I think. Howard or De Vries as target man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566