Stockport (League)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kind of brings back the old discussion of who is going to bag us goals.

We haven't had a consistant regular scorer for ages.

Now Dickov is back I hope he finds some of his previous form as I can't see our other strickers reliably netting for us.

kind of brings back the old discussion of who is going to bag us goals.

We haven't had a consistant regular scorer for ages.

Now Dickov is back I hope he finds some of his previous form as I can't see our other strickers reliably netting for us.

This season Fryatt is netting at a rate of 2 in 3 and Howard 1 in 3, both reasonable scoring rates.

Agreed, but we still need goals to come from midfield. If a couple of regulars ie oakley etc can get 8-10 this year we will be fine.

well we actually up to 3rd place, was initially gutted we didnt win but the postive is we played well away from home and that we actually moved up the table as well as been ahead of leeds.

At least Leeds lost, at home as well.

But teams like Stockport we should really be beating. Still, the positive is that we've got 3 clean sheets in a row, and not lost in our opening 3 games. A season of consistently winning at home and drawing away should see us promoted. Hopefully just an off day for the goalscorers today, and they'll get it right next time out.

This season Fryatt is netting at a rate of 2 in 3 and Howard 1 in 3, both reasonable scoring rates.

True I just hope this continues. Dissapointing not to score today.

Both Howard and Fryatt less than prolific last season. I personally don't think we can rely in them to get the goals for a realistic prommotion push.

I hope to be proved wrong.

True I just hope this continues. Dissapointing not to score today.

Both Howard and Fryatt less than prolific last season. I personally don't think we can rely in them to get the goals for a realistic prommotion push.

I hope to be proved wrong.

Fryatt has already equaled his tally for league goals last season i believe, at least thats something!

But teams like Stockport we should really be beating.

We dont have a divine right to beat anyone in this lge. Just because we have the stadium, the support, and the history, we still need to earn the respect before we can display any arrogance.

While i'm dissapointed not to have won - its still no goals conceded and no loss in 3 and a point away from home - something that at the arse end of last season we would have taken gladly.
A reality check was the best result today - we are the best team in a piss poor league (compared to what we are used to) and hopefully some will now realise that we do have to work to get out of this division.

we are the best team in a piss poor league (compared to what we are used to) and hopefully some will now realise that we do have to work to get out of this division.
I'm confused.

Disappointed we didn't win. Dodgy first half and then we had about 6 or 7 chances in the second half and didn't put one away. Happy that the peformance did pick up and that we should of won.

Pearson's opinion is similar to mine on here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/7551214.stm

Defence did well - Gilbert MOTM, two centre-halves superb and Tunchev okish in consideration. Strikers okish, Howard won every header and worked it his bollocks off. Midfield were poor today apart from Dyer. King invisible until the very end and Oakley plays well for a bit and then does shit for a bit.

Decentish day out. Methinks Stockport was a bit too small for the army - parking spaces were sparse, the unreserved seating a joke, fans tried hard first half for an atmosphere but it naturally came with an improved performance in the second half.

The only downside the feck-up I nearly made coming off the motorway, totally my fault and thank feck the chap behind managed to break.

Last edited:
To be fair to the big lazy dollop as ive always called him thought he was excellant today put the effort in as well looked real quality today.

That's great, but which 'big, lazy dollop' are you talking about? We have a surfeit of them.

We dont have a divine right to beat anyone in this lge. Just because we have the stadium, the support, and the history, we still need to earn the respect before we can display any arrogance.

Not saying we have a divine right to beat them, but Stockport are a team that has only just been promoted to this league, and are a team more fancied than to go back down than be be up near the top this season.

If we're hoping for promotion this season, clearly we need to be beating the poorer teams in the division at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669