Stockport (League)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad day out, should have won, but I haven't been able to say that for a few seasons. I managed to get to the station well before my friends after the game and popped over the road for a quick pint, soon to be joined by some Leicester brain donors. Despite my home counties accent they were sure I was a local and tried to give it the big "I am". Needless to say this failed and as I left I was pleased to inform them when I left that I was a Leicester fan and that if I never saw them again it would be too soon.

Not a bad day out, should have won, but I haven't been able to say that for a few seasons. I managed to get to the station well before my friends after the game and popped over the road for a quick pint, soon to be joined by some Leicester brain donors. Despite my home counties accent they were sure I was a local and tried to give it the big "I am". Needless to say this failed and as I left I was pleased to inform them when I left that I was a Leicester fan and that if I never saw them again it would be too soon.
RS, you should have told them to faaaack orrrf! :icon_cool

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1369632,00.html

Matt Oakley named in the team of the week despite some criticism on here. I do often find it amazing how different peoples views are on players, not saying either is right obviously, just curious.

It seemed to me that the weight of the captaincy had a detrimental effect of Oakley on Saturday. With Gradel behaving quite poorly, I noticed a couple of times that he was distracted from the play, trying to talk to the young winger, and made mistakes because of it. There was also an occasion when the ref called Oakley to him to witness a 'chat' that he was about to have with Gradel.

When he (Gradel) was finally replaced - and many people expected it to happen earlier than it did - almost the first thing that Dickov did was to come into conflict unnecessarily with the ref; something that Oakley also had a word about.

And while we're talking about refs, anybody else think we've had a couple of good 'uns for the first couple of games? If they are representative of the standard in League One, I would say they are a lot more capable of controlling a game than the ones we are used to in higher climes.

I think the captain is more involved with the new "rules" or directives, that any complaints regarding the refereeing (and vice versa) should go through the captain.

And while we're talking about refs, anybody else think we've had a couple of good 'uns for the first couple of games? If they are representative of the standard in League One, I would say they are a lot more capable of controlling a game than the ones we are used to in higher climes.

I think both have been excellent. Both have allowed the games to flow, not too picky, haven't dish out the cards like sweets either.

I think the captain is more involved with the new "rules" or directives, that any complaints regarding the refereeing (and vice versa) should go through the captain.

Most certainly, the Respect campaign.

True - but the incident with Gradel was defintiely a case of the referee wanting the captain to know what he was saying to the player.

I found the "leicester city probably deserved to win but they didn't so **** them" comment amusing. just when I thought all football fans were nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669