Stockport (League)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not long been back, delayed train from Sheffield :mad::mad:

Henderson - Was called upon a few times and looked more than comfortable.

Gilbert - Thought he was one of the better players today, did very little wrong IMO.

Morrison - I was worried having heard several pre season rants about him, but he looks a quality addition to the squad.

Hobbs - Very comfortable, never looked in any danger, and he's a fecking giant.

Tunchev - Unfair to slate him as he was played out of position, at times looked like he didn't know where he was, but did a job.

Gradel - A complete lack of discipline today. Not sure if the new contract has gone to his head. Ref spoke to him in the presence of Oakley, and only seconds later blasts the ball at the advertising board when a decision went against him. Hope today was just an off day.

Oakley - Shocking! Poor distribution throughout, I also thought he was quite lazy today. Had a great chance to win it at the end, and made a complete fcuk up of it.

King - A few people on the train thought he had a bad game, but IMO he did ok. Much better than Oakley, was keen to get forward, a little bit more experience and he'l be a decent player. Hope NP sticks with him.

Dyer - Was struggling without Mattock, again keen to go forward and at times showed what he's about.

Howard - I thought Mr Howard had a good game today. Won lots of balls in the air, his general hold up play was good and with them putting so many behind the ball was going to find it difficult, but he gave it his all today.

Fryatt - Looked sharp, chased the ball well, made some excellent runs, but as above with so many Stockport players pouring back when we were attacking today was not going to be our day.

Overall, 2nd half much better than the 1st. We'l have games like this, where the other team are so defensive, but we'l work round that in training and i'm sure we'l be fine. Defensively we're looking good, the midfield is still a little rusty, and we're creating enough chances. We're only 2 games in, and i'm more than happy with how we're playing.

Oh and how can I forget the HT entertainment? Our very own LeeH a few rows in front trying to deck a guy who was having an argument with Disco Bob. :icon_bigg

Also saw Jeff speed walking back to the station :icon_wink:icon_lol:

Oh and how can I forget the HT entertainment? Our very own LeeH a few rows in front trying to deck a guy who was having an argument with Disco Bob. :icon_bigg
The tosser tried it on again at the station. The best bit was, he told his mate, who then came and chatted to DB and I before wandering off, leaving tosspot fuming further. It was one of those "had to be there" moments, I am afraid.

Who was the baldie chap with glasses then? He was having a reet go at someone. :icon_lol:

Funniest thing I had today was sat in my car eating chips before we left Stockport and the house owner fuming that I had parked my car on his front. Couldn't wait to move his van into his rightful place. I was sat there chuckling to myself.

Interesting to note that Gradel first off game is the first we've failed to score. I think he's our key man this campaign.

If that is the case, we should all hope that he has learned something from this afternoon's experience.

If that is the case, we should all hope that he has learned something from this afternoon's experience.

perhaps his mind was busy on whether he will play for the ivory coast or france?

Whilst LeeH had a numpty near her, we had one at the back behind us.
We got in late so were sat halfway down the first block(we knew we wouldn't be able to stand much at all cos one of the people behind us wasn't very mobile so couldn't stand up much themselves. Serves us right for staying for one more drink in the pub!

Anyhoo, all through the first half we had this pillock chanting away(not a problem with that) but at the end of each chant he'd start having a pop at the Leicester fans who weren't quite as vocal. One of his favourite comments was 'Sing up you fúcking scumbags.'
Pretty sure he was the same one who didn't know his alphabet when trying to to the D I S C O thing( D I C??? I could've carried on spelling out a word for him:icon_roll)

Don't know if summat was said to him or not, but didn't hear any of that second half. Did hear lots of shouts to the keeper about him being a rentboy and if he liked taking it up the arse, and various homosexual references. Personally I think the bloke chanting it thinks about gay sex himself far too much.:icon_eek:

Seen some comments from Stockport fans about it being good to see the away end full and decent sounding for a change.

Can't be arsed to talk about the game, most of what I would've said has already been posted.
Though I'm pleased the defence has started well, I'm a tad worried that we might suffer the same problems with our strikeforce as we did last season. Lots of chances but them not being taken.

One of his favourite comments was 'Sing up you fúcking scumbags.'
Pretty sure he was the same one who didn't know his alphabet when trying to to the D I S C O thing( D I C??? I could've carried on spelling out a word for him:icon_roll)

"DICKHEAD" or "DICKLICK" maybe?

Anyhoo, all through the first half we had this pillock chanting away(not a problem with that) but at the end of each chant he'd start having a pop at the Leicester fans who weren't quite as vocal. One of his favourite comments was 'Sing up you fúcking scumbags.'

Don't know if summat was said to him or not, but didn't hear any of that second half. Did hear lots of shouts to the keeper about him being a rentboy and if he liked taking it up the arse, and various homosexual references. Personally I think the bloke chanting it thinks about gay sex himself far too much.:icon_eek:

Just before the game we had some twat go to sit nearby us and then he said 'I don't want to sit next to any scruffy bastards'. He then walked off, the irony was he was a scruffy bastards himself.

I couldn't understand the whole shouting abuse at the goalkeeper. After the game, he stuck his thumb as if to say thanks for the banter. One chap smiled back at him in approval, the rest shouted a lot of abuse back.

Too many numpties in the world. What about the 20 or so numbskulls who spent the first 15 minutes standing in the corner refusing to move.

I couldn't understand the whole shouting abuse at the goalkeeper.

some grounds it is common place, at Brunton park there's a bunch of fans who stand in the Warwick Road end who sing "ya ma's a whore" to the keeper for nearly all the half

Just before the game we had some twat go to sit nearby us and then he said 'I don't want to sit next to any scruffy bastards'. He then walked off, the irony was he was a scruffy bastards himself.

I don't know, it shouldn't matter what you look like(well as long as you are clean and don't smell!) as a football fan. I think some people are far too snobby for their own good. We're football fans ffs! Not toffs watching Polo....

I'm kind of guessing he meant scruffy type of person, as opposed to their dress sense.

Disappointed we didn't win. Dodgy first half and then we had about 6 or 7 chances in the second half and didn't put one away. Happy that the peformance did pick up and that we should of won.

Pearson's opinion is similar to mine on here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/7551214.stm

Defence did well - Gilbert MOTM, two centre-halves superb and Tunchev okish in consideration. Strikers okish, Howard won every header and worked it his bollocks off. Midfield were poor today apart from Dyer. King invisible until the very end and Oakley plays well for a bit and then does shit for a bit.

Decentish day out. Methinks Stockport was a bit too small for the army - parking spaces were sparse, the unreserved seating a joke, fans tried hard first half for an atmosphere but it naturally came with an improved performance in the second half.

The only downside the feck-up I nearly made coming off the motorway, totally my fault and thank feck the chap behind managed to break.

You'll do for me, Hazza. Thought Gilbert was excellent defensively and my MOTM.

Nothing wrong with giving the Keeper some abuse in my opinion, happens in every level of football and may just well get you a goal, however it seems it did the opposite yesterday.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with giving the Keeper some abuse in my opinion, happens in every level of football and may just well get you a goal, however it seems it did the opposite yesterday.

I agree, but what that prat was coming out with just made HIM sound like a twat. Especially when he started chanting in a a squeaky voice 'gay gay gay gay gay....' I'm sure their keeper wasn't put off at all by that!

I agree, but what that prat was coming out with just made HIM sound like a twat. Especially when he started chanting in a a squeaky voice 'gay gay gay gay gay....' I'm sure their keeper wasn't put off at all by that!

Sounds like he fancied him? Maybe it was wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669