Pre Match Stoke City Vs Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adams is the type of player who would take out Mahrez and then complain he was the one being bullied. He reminds me of Dave McKay all those years ago who cost us the FA Cup, a dirty bastard at best, Adams to a 'T'.

I think it was not Dave McKay, but Les Allen whose tackle crocked Len Chalmers in the 1961 Cup Final. If only Les had redeemed himself by doing away with his brother Dennis, later to father the mad pup Martin.

As for Stoke, for all the euphoria of Sunday and the thought that the XI that finished the game look unbeatable, I expect CR to field what he considers his strongest side, probably unchanged, though I'd have thought Andy King shouldn't be counted out, if Inler is to give way (which I hope he doesn't).

I agree.

Under normal circumstances I would choose a big striker to play alongside Vardy. However, Mahrez is an exceptional player. Leonardo's chances to impress have been limited this season but he has not forced himself into the line-up in the way I believe Kante has. The closer Mahrez is to the penalty area the bigger problem he causes defences.

Inler and Fuchs are a problem. Presumably Inler has learned from his performance and is going to work to adapt to the Premier League. Schlupp is so good going forward that he is certainly not a weak link and presumably Claudio believes he is better than Fuchs. How are Inler and Fuchs going to get into the starting XI?

Full disclosure: I missed the Villa game for medical reasons which was frustrating at 3.00 and bloody annoying around 4.30. Apart from the extended highlights on Foxes Player I am judging Kante and Inler on what people have written.

Ulloa had a good game on Sunday and made some tidy touches. he had the opportunity to score a header. I would not be surprised to see him start ahead of Okazaki in a future away game. I would be more concerned if I were Kramaric!

I am going to post my normal negative expectation of the game - 2-1 loss, our goal a late consolation from Ulloa

This game has me more concerned that most.

They are looking for the 1st goal to settle themselves and potentially the crowd, we will oblige by being negative from the start as we have been for the last 3 games. The attack minded players they have available will enjoy us sitting deep like we did against Villa.

I think we may suffer our first defeat, but I obviously have hope that we can keep showing our character and find a result.

This game has me more concerned that most.

They are looking for the 1st goal to settle themselves and potentially the crowd, we will oblige by being negative from the start as we have been for the last 3 games. The attack minded players they have available will enjoy us sitting deep like we did against Villa.

I think we may suffer our first defeat, but I obviously have hope that we can keep showing our character and find a result.
Were we negative from the start vs Villa? I agree that we weren't brilliant, but at least we started off aggresively. Didnt work well though and Villa took over. But negative? Nah...

Were we negative from the start vs Villa? I agree that we weren't brilliant, but at least we started off aggresively. Didnt work well though and Villa took over. But negative? Nah...
Compared to our usual style of pressing high up the pitch and putting the opposition under pressure we were negative.

We allowed them to build from the back and rarely pressured them into giving us the ball, 2nd half we pushed up the pitch in all areas and restricted time and space available, this allowed us to turn the ball over and launch more attacks (more players up the pitch when ball won)

I maintain we had a more negative approach in the 1st half.

In fact MOTD and Michaela Strachan Richards both commented on it.

I maintain that we started aggresively the first 10 mins. Then we stopped following game plan and let Villa take over. But I don't think we had a negative game plan. Agree though, that the players didn't follow the game plan, which I assume must have been high pressure as usual, after the first 10mins.

I maintain that we started aggresively the first 10 mins. Then we stopped following game plan and let Villa take over. But I don't think we had a negative game plan. Agree though, that the players didn't follow the game plan, which I assume must have been high pressure as usual, after the first 10mins.

I think CR had a word at HT. After that, the Villa followed our game plan.

The invincibles will win this and get the 1st clean sheet this season.

Pizza all round. 2 - 0

Lawro has predicted Stoke to win 2-0 so no Pizza Hut visit for the lads if that comes true. He has been predicting in our favour recently, not sure why he's suddenly gone for this score.

cuz its a rest ard place ta goo, nobody wins at stoke

Despite our attacking threat and skill, Stoke will be extremely dogged and physical. We will pick up a couple of injuries and lose 2-0 on a miserable afternoon. Boo!

Despite our attacking threat and skill, Stoke will be extremely dogged and physical. We will pick up a couple of injuries and lose 2-0 on a miserable afternoon. Boo!

Actually, I think this is the reason they are not doing so well this year...they've got rid of there dogged and physical players and replaced them with more technical players.

They've lost Huth, Begovic, Shawcross (to injury) and N'Zonzi. They won't have Adam tomorrow either.

Hughes is slowly replacing everything which made Stoke successfully. They were my tip to struggle this year and I think their bad start will continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566