Stoke City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what to think.
In the end it doesn't matter does it, cos if thosep layers don't believe they can stay up, then the chances of us getting a result are gone before they step onto the pitch.

I don't think I'm gonna sleep much tomorrow night, just thinking about the game now is making me feel nervous about what we will have to watch!

I have Sheff Utd mates promising to text me when they score, Saints mates telling me they'll text me when THEY score(bastards) everyone else not going telling me they'll text me the scores......

I'm glad I'm not at work on Monday though, think I'll need 24 hours to get meself together!

anyone remember the 1989 season (i think) when we went ayrsome park(middlesboro to the young uns) and they needed a point for automatic promotion.we won :)

on the plus side of us going down we will win a few games and give the club a lift,look at everyone moaning when we lose :)

i gave up losing sleep over football years ago,its only a bag of wind at the end of the day.

There is no plus side to go down.

I'm not looking forward to it either. However we can always find something positive if we want.
The Mercury ran a "story" today detailing some of the terrible places we might have to visit, including far-flung grounds with terracing.
Terracing - how AWFUL !!

Didnt expect anything at WBA or Barnsley or here, hoping for a Sheff Utd win. If we deal with Delaps long throws we might sneek a breakaway goal
You never know with Leicester i shall be more nervous awaiting score from Southampton after all it is more important! Ohh for an early 0-2 scoreline to get everyone "up"
Impossible to predict but heart says 1-0 to us (Hayles). Bigger teams than us have gone down and come back stronger.Always a fox no matter what.

I just want a 1-0 city no matter what or how it can be a deflected,offside,scuffed,bobbled goal for all i care.

1-0 Own goal from a stoke player

Leicester to win 2 or 3 nil.

We will turn it on, beat them and stay up.

I'm looking forward to yet another year of failure in the fizzy.

Small ray of sunshine.

Saints have been dealt a major blow ahead of Sunday's final day clash with Sheffield United with the news they will be without centre half Chris Lucketti.

The 36-year-old defender has taken the decision that he doesn't want to be selected to face his parent club in a game which could see Saints relegated or the Blades reach the play-offs.

Fuller is the danger, he has scored against us for Preston, Southampton, Ipswich and Stoke does anyone know if he has played a match against us and not scored?

22/11/02 Preston (a) - 2 goals
05/11/05 Southampton (h) - no goals
25/02/06 Ipswich (a) - 1 goal
30/04/06 Southampton (a) - 1 goal
31/10/06 Stoke (h) - 1 goal
31/03/07 Stoke (a) - 1 goal
29/09/07 Stoke (h) - 1 goal

:icon_sad:

Last edited:
I'm glad I'm not at work on Monday though, think I'll need 24 hours to get meself together!

Only 24?? What kind of a supporter is that??

22/11/02 Preston (a) - 2 goals
05/11/05 Southampton (h) - no goals
25/02/06 Ipswich (a) - 1 goal
30/04/06 Southampton (a) - 1 goal
31/10/06 Stoke (h) - 1 goal
31/03/07 Stoke (a) - 1 goal
29/09/07 Stoke (h) - 1 goal

:icon_sad:

averages a goal a game:icon_cry:

So? a 3:1 win is as good as a 3:0 win for us tomorrow

Now you're on my wavelength

Hendrie AND Oakley both doubtful... who the hell are we going to play in midfield? Weso and King?

We'll probably end up with a midfield of something like Hayles, Weso, Fryatt, Bell though based on previous lineups!

Options to stay up

Leicester lose, Southampton lose. We stay up
Leicester draw, Southampton lose or draw or Shef Wed lose. We stay up
leicester win, We stay up.

Statistically. The most likely outcome is that Leicester and southampton lose.

Hendrie AND Oakley both doubtful... who the hell are we going to play in midfield? Weso and King?

We'll probably end up with a midfield of something like Hayles, Weso, Fryatt, Bell though based on previous lineups!

I would think one out of Hendrie or Oakley will play not that it will makes any difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669