Stoke City

Status
Not open for further replies.
We beat Barnsley home and away last season - and our record against Cardiff was one win and one draw

Preston was one loss and one draw - and Derby are shite,

Congrats Homer, you've managed to make us sound like we were quite a decent Championship team.

I can see where every one is coming from but in my opinion, getting relegated was the best thing to happen to the club since Micky Adams left. I certainly didn't think so at the time and I was as gutted as eveyone else when relegation finally hit us but now, some 6 months later I believe that it was very much a necessary evil.

I am just liking seeing a team that tries, and a manager that does seem to like playing players in the right position. Championship football is boring hoofball, but I wouldn't object to being back. As far as I know IH could have fecked off, taking many half arsed pricks that should have never worn the shirt with him....so it could have been a good season in the league above.

We're in this league, have to deal with it and make the best of it.

I'm just pleased that stupid "achievement" of being only one of nine teams not to have been out of the top two flights has gone. Of all the second-rate brags, that was one of the worst.

I'm just pleased that stupid "achievement" of being only one of nine teams not to have been out of the top two flights has gone. Of all the second-rate brags, that was one of the worst.

Oh I don't know. Personally I felt great when Leeds lost membership of that select group and sick to the stomach when we did.

We did say so at the time Bob, others scoffed :)
Not me, Willlow was very shocked when he put me on the spot and I replied that I would rather get relegated in order to get rid of Holloway and start all over again without him, than to start again in the Championship next season with him.

We'll never know if this was the right thing for the club or not, but it's certainly brought a better feel to the place.

Still, good to see this thread is alive and well and we're not all talking about complete bollocks.

Still, good to see this thread is alive and well and we're not all talking about complete bollocks.

Aye, because pointing out a full stop being missing in a leeds fan post is much more entertaining.

Last edited:

I was very proud that we'd never been out of the top two leagues. I'm going to have to have my tattoo changed now. Does anyone know how many teams have never been outside the top three leagues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566