Stoke City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to laugh at some Blue Mongies in the concourse after the final whistle, blaming the ref for ruining our season.

They were going to report him for blowing the whistle early, and then set light to the stadium so Stoke had nowhere to play next season.

I wish I was intelligent enough to create these people, I could write one hell of a story.

I had to laugh at some Blue Mongies in the concourse after the final whistle, blaming the ref for ruining our season.

They were going to report him for blowing the whistle early, and then set light to the stadium so Stoke had nowhere to play next season.

I wish I was intelligent enough to create these people, I could write one hell of a story.

I thought the ref blowing up early just about capped off a fine season nicely.

We deserve it.

The first 75-80mins of game I was thinking the players dont want it, standing back defending deep etc. Then holloway realises we need to win and suddenly we have chances to score.

So I am thinking why wasnt we playing like this for a win from kickoff because if we were we probably wouldnt have been relegated, stoke were not fully up for the game. Hayles looked very out of place where he started and by the fryatt substitution he was completely out of it. Hume was the only player who looked like he had any quality and the only other player that stood out for me was stearman. But I bet these 2 will be gone in the summer.

4-5-1 considering the importance of the game was wrong.( it it was a mid-season game looknig for a 0-0 draw away it is just about acceptable)

Waiting over 1/2 hour to make it a more attacking formation when he knew the status of play was wrong.

Taking off Worley when he was doing ok instead of taking off Howard-who was fecking SHITE- was wrong.

I actually reckon we would've been better off today if Howard had been sent off for that tackle, maybe that's what he wanted........

I wonder if howard has a contract stating he must play all he time as that has baffled me how he is immune to be dropped.

I thought the ref blowing up early just about capped off a fine season nicely.

I thought the foul on Stearman which we got a freekick for was inside the box and therefore we should've had a penalty.

But I've not actually bitched and complained about that, because really the damage was done over the rest of the season. Even if we had got that penalty and scored it, I doubt we would've even held onto the lead anyway.

A season of shit, can't blame the ref on the last day. Thought the way not only our game, but the Southampton game went today summed up the season perfectly. Southampton had the fight in them to come back from a goal behind to take the lead, then despite being pegged back, carried on going for the win... whereas we couldn't muster a single goal and barely attacked until the end when it was all but over.

Holloway must go.

Absolute shit. Just hid away in the dugout and was afraid to make any changes to the match. C*nt!! **** off!

Our worst EVER team.. **** off all of you.

Yeah sky got a shot on him, he had 2 of his deputies standing around him sheltering him.

We may be contemplating how well we're going to do in league 1 but surely Stoke don't have a snowballs hope in hell of surviving in the Prem. They are certainly not 2 divisions of football better than us.

We may be contemplating how well we're going to do in league 1 but surely Stoke don't have a snowballs hope in hell of surviving in the Prem. They are certainly not 2 divisions of football better than us.

I think that WBA have a lot to do to have any serious chance of survival - let alone Stoke; still less the winners of the play offs.

However, as we all know its about the money next season and then the parachoute cash...and the hope that these clubs can build themselves up, medium term.

I think I would like to be where either of those clubs are right now!

But maybe not this time next season.

The damage was done long before this game, too many times we grasped defeat/draw from the jaws of victory. The team had no real spirit that you could see and players seemed to think that someone else was going to sort it out when things got tough. We should have been safe weeks ago, but we failed at every opportunity presented.

There can be no room for such piss-poor attitudes next season, we will have to work very hard to get back up at the first attempt, it may be a division lower but you won't get anything you have not earned.

The blame for relegation is corporate blame, from top to bottom they all failed miserably to take advantage of the money available, and the great support they got week in and week out.

I will be there (at home games) next season and my expecations are high. Its now down to the club to make sure we do not fail again.

The damage was done long before this game, too many times we grasped defeat/draw from the jaws of victory. The team had no real spirit that you could see and players seemed to think that someone else was going to sort it out when things got tough. We should have been safe weeks ago, but we failed at every opportunity presented.

There can be no room for such piss-poor attitudes next season, we will have to work very hard to get back up at the first attempt, it may be a division lower but you won't get anything you have not earned.

The blame for relegation is corporate blame, from top to bottom they all failed miserably to take advantage of the money available, and the great support they got week in and week out.

I will be there (at home games) next season and my expecations are high. Its now down to the club to make sure we do not fail again.

:038::038::038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670