Stoke City

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a thoroughly crap day that was.

Imagine for a minute, the Mcauley header that hit the post went in, we stayed up and Cov went down.

Holloway keeps his job, a few players in and out but no real change to strength or attitude within the squad.

After 10 games we are languishing in our usual championship position of 18th to 22nd and the doom and gloom continues.

Who would swap?

Imagine for a minute, the Mcauley header that hit the post went in, we stayed up and Cov went down.

Holloway keeps his job, a few players in and out but no real change to strength or attitude within the squad.

After 10 games we are languishing in our usual championship position of 18th to 22nd and the doom and gloom continues.

Who would swap?

Me

Who would swap?

Not me! It was just the impetus that the club needed to shake it out of its depression.

Who would swap?

I would... the reason being is that I think that MM would have given Holloway the push anyway having clearly seen that he clearly wasn't up to the job. Pure conjecture I know, but that's what I'm guessing. If he had kept his job if Leicester had stayed up, then yes I agree with you - I'd rather the club builds from now under the new manager in this division.

Me.

We are winning in a shit league.

Yes I am happy that there is a general good feeling back in the club, but we should never have sunk this low.

Me.

We are winning in a shit league.

Yes I am happy that there is a general good feeling back in the club, but we should never have sunk this low.

Plus there appears to be an assumption that we are going to be promoted this season, and that is far from certain

All i have to say is a blessing in disguise for Leicester city, we needed this relegation, it has brought a manager that no one really rated to this club and he has done well, we got rid of players who thought the club was build around them and we brought in players from other clubs and our youth ranks that want to play football, want to win games and want to play for the royal blue of Leicester city,

At first i was down, i was upset, i was angry oh how oh how could Leicester city be in Division two, sleepless nights, and all sorts but the more i thought about it the more i was thinking we will come back stronger and more ready for the big time.

Only 9 games into the season we are top of the league, we have shown quality, we have shown even if you play shit you can win, we have thrown away goals to come back and win, and there is a good feeling around the place which matters, Everyone is enjoying their life at leicester city even players that failed last season.

Lets hope it carries on and before we know it we will be back in the Championship and on BBC1 next season ;)

All i have to say is a blessing in disguise for Leicester city
I doubt that's all you have to say, otherwise you wouldn't have written mountains of text directly after those words.

missing the forest derby and cov games but good to go to 8 new grounds and sample the shite for 3 seasons

yes forest that's.....

autumn

winter

spring

All i have to say is a blessing in disguise for Leicester city, we needed this relegation, it has brought a manager that no one really rated to this club and he has done well, we got rid of players who thought the club was build around them and we brought in players from other clubs and our youth ranks that want to play football, want to win games and want to play for the royal blue of Leicester city,

At first i was down, i was upset, i was angry oh how oh how could Leicester city be in Division two, sleepless nights, and all sorts but the more i thought about it the more i was thinking we will come back stronger and more ready for the big time.

Only 9 games into the season we are top of the league, we have shown quality, we have shown even if you play shit you can win, we have thrown away goals to come back and win, and there is a good feeling around the place which matters, Everyone is enjoying their life at leicester city even players that failed last season.

Lets hope it carries on and before we know it we will be back in the Championship and on BBC1 next season ;)

That's a bit tragic really.

Who would swap?

I definetely would.

All this talk of it being just the shake up we needed and what not could be true... but could be utter bollocks. We're still a long way from actually getting promoted this season, and even if we do, who's to say we'll be any better than before we went down? We could very well still be languishing in the bottom half, and maybe get go straight back down to League 1 if we do go up.

I don't see why coming down to League 1 will make us any better in the Championship next time around really. This season can give us some confidence and a winning mentality which could help us, but if we go up that could soon disappear if we went up and suffered a couple of losses next year.

And to be honest, I'm still struggling to muster much enthusiasm for this league. It's not the teams fault, they can only beat what is in front of them, but I struggle to get that excited about a win over Huddersfield and co. :(

But a string of defeats against Preston, Cardiff, Derby and Barnsley would have got your pulse racing?

But a string of defeats against Preston, Cardiff, Derby and Barnsley would have got your pulse racing?

We beat Barnsley home and away last season - and our record against Cardiff was one win and one draw

Preston was one loss and one draw - and Derby are shite, so I've every reason to believe we could have done them as well

So yes, I would happily go back to that, thanks

We were relegated from division two last season, we're in division three now.

Thankfully you hadn't noticed or you'd probably have topped yourself by the sound of things.

We beat Barnsley home and away last season - and our record against Cardiff was one win and one draw

Preston was one loss and one draw - and Derby are shite, so I've every reason to believe we could have done them as well

So yes, I would happily go back to that, thanks

When you put it like that it reminds me of what fun we all had last season. Yes, bring back the good times. Wahoo. I could trawl through the archives to display what a great time you had last season but i won't as i cannot figure out how to use the technology and I need a dump.

Turning round a team low on confidence and ideas and having been in steady decline for a number of years and with a variety of managers is no easy feat, even for a good manager.....especially when getting beaten week in week out...and yes bombard me with the statistics of all the times we won last season and it wasn't every week, whatever, you understand my point, Homo, you pedantic wankstain. :)

Dropping down a league may well turn out to be just the break the likes of Fryatt and co needed to restore their confidence, learn to play together and allow them to prove themselves in the Championship next season.

Don't disagree with me ever again, Homer, you wouldn't like me when I'm naked. I'm dangerous. I'm like a field full of dynamite. I'm ready to blow. Like Etna. Red hot. Gassy fumes. Lava lamps. A gimp suit. The knowledge that the pain will soon subside but the memories of the degradation will last forever. The pitying looks of strangers.....RARRRRGH. Your worst nightmare. Wahoo. The mighty Fox. RARRGH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669