Stop poisoning the Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

From MM via the Mockery. I think MM has to remove his head from his arse a bit and understand that not everyone will blindly follow him and everything he does. Indeed the manner in which he hires and fires Managers is clearly not helping either. :icon_roll

Stop poisoning this club - Milan

by Bill Anderson

Leicester City chairman Milan Mandaric has blasted certain elements of the club's fans for “poisoning the club.”

He was incensed at Nottingham Forest last night when chants of “One Martin Allen” rang out from small sections of the City support.

Mandaric, below, saw it as an insult to himself and to his new manager Gary Megson.

The former Forest manager was only appointed as Allen's successor last Thursday, and last night he led City to a 3-2 win at the City Ground in the re-arranged Carling Cup second round tie after giving the home side a “free” goal at the beginning.

Although other, larger groups of the Blue Army responded with chants of support, Mandaric was furious at what he had heard.

He said: “I was very disappointed to hear that coming from those among our supporters, who are clearly not supporters at all, at least not by what it said the last time I looked in the dictionary.

“I am working very hard to take this club forward. I am using my money, my enthusiasm and my energy, which is driven by doing this for the 20,000-plus fans in the majority, not small minorities like this whose behaviour I find totally unacceptable.

“They are poisoning the club. They are those who have been part of the doom and gloom element over the years here, and we are all working hard to move things forward. I want them with me in this, not against me.

“When I first came to this club, I asked the people to trust me and I have only one aim, to make this club successful for everyone.

“I hope the true supporters isolate and reject those groups who are obviously not real fans.

“Were they not at Nottingham in the previous game under Martin Allen when that 45 minutes was a disgrace?

“To do this when the team is out there fighting back to win, showing great spirit under the new manager, was unacceptable.

“It also spoiled a night when not only did the team win a fine victory, but also when the reputation of the club, through sportsmanship, would be known not just in this country but around the world.”

Mandaric came up with the idea to give Forest a goal start last night.

It was a gesture of fairness as Forest had been 1-0 up when the original game was abandoned because of the half-time collapse of City's Clive Clarke, and it also stunned the crowd on both sides.

Megson had backed the move and said: “In view of how well Forest had done in their help in dealing with the Clive Clarke situation, we felt it was only right and fair that we did this.

“I told Forest our plan only a few minutes before the game, and we had to keep it under wraps until then because, with people betting on first goalscorers and all these other things in football now, it would have been a problem.

“So that Forest could not be accused of anything, it was left to me to pick the goalscorer and that is why their goalkeeper (Paul Smith) got the goal.

“It was the right thing to do and then our team showed the strength of character needed to twice come back from behind to win the game.”

Forest manager Colin Calderwood added: €˜€˜Leicester felt it was the correct thing to do and I must admit it took us back a little bit to start with.

“But it was an honourable gesture and I would like to think that football in general has come out of the game as the winner.”

City now face Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa in the third round at Villa Park a week tonight - a repeat of the same stage last year when Villa won on penalties at the Walkers Stadium.

I totally agree with MM on this occasion, the chanting was pathetic. I told the 2 fans that travelled with me they were out of order.

And with another petty and witless outburst Mandaric undoes any goodwill and respect he may have gained from agreeing to/suggesting the sporting gesture. I think if he were capable of removing his head from his arse he'd have done so before now - not that he's ever found it necessary in life or business to be fair.

I wouldn't have chanted for Allen or against Megson myself, but to have a go at people who've been there far longer than you is always dodgy for any chairman. He'd be a lot better off growing a thick skin and ignoring chants he doesn't like.

MM really is a total dickhead sometimes. I don't even know where to start on that shambolic rant. He cannot stop people from having opinions. If he wants to add to our understanding, he has the power to do so. He chooses not to in order to save his own face.

You're only a temporary owner looking to make some money out of us. Why do you think I should suspend my right to have a mind of my own whilst you do it?

He's merely saying what most right-minded fans have said this morning

Those who chanted "One Martin Allen" were a set of not-right tosspot freaks

But obviously, that's not allowed for MM to say it, and he is truly Beelzebub in human form :icon_roll

I actually think he's being quite reserved in his comments

Last edited:
Anyone who does not agree with that statement is not all there in the head.
We are in situation where we have a chairman and a manager and as fans we should stand by it, until there is clear evidence things are really wrong. We know feck all whats going on back stage and have no choice but to support the club whoever is in charge.
So either put up or feck off. The twats who chanted for MA should roll over and die.

fully behind him on this one. i had a fair few words with the chumps sat near me singing it

City now face Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa in the third round at Villa Park a week tonight - a repeat of the same stage last year when Villa won on penalties at the Walkers Stadium.

Did they? Josh Lowe will be chuffed

Last edited:
Anyone who does not agree with that statement is not all there in the head.
We are in situation where we have a chairman and a manager and as fans we should stand by it, until there is clear evidence things are really wrong. We know feck all whats going on back stage and have no choice but to support the club whoever is in charge.
So either put up or feck off. The twats who chanted for MA should roll over and die.
i wish i had the balls to say that bg :icon_wink

Spot on Milan. You don't have to agree with everything he does and the way he does it (I don't), but everyone needs to support the club when there is a game on.

What on earth do they think chanting for Martin Allen is going to achieve - help the team win, get him re-instated? As Homey said, total not-rights and feckwits.

Spot on Milan. You don't have to agree with everything he does and the way he does it (I don't), but everyone needs to support the club when there is a game on.

What on earth do they think chanting for Martin Allen is going to achieve - help the team win, get him re-instated? As Homey said, total not-rights and feckwits.

And it's about time someone had the guts to come out and tell them so

Wankers, the lot of 'em

The twats who chanted for MA should roll over and die.

Agree. There were no such chants at the Plymouth away game, when it might just have been timely and relevant ( not that I'd have agreed with it ), but it isn't now. I can only assume the poeple who were chanting were the kind of tossers that turned up at Derby.

Chanting for Martin Allen was totally pointless and counter productive.

I totally agree with you. I also think people have the right, within the law, to chant whatever the hell they like at a football match. If some of our fans want to chant for MA, let them. They are not 'poisonous' for doing so. They are expressing their opinion, which is as valid as anyone else's.

In my opinion, MM is being incredibly 'poisonous' making idiotic slurs about MA. The 'players weren't fit' when it was patently obvious that they were. The performance in the first game v Florist was a 'disgrace' but last night's was no better for the most part and actually worse in some respects. Not to mention the last 15 minutes on Saturday!

According to most of you, MM is free to make dozy arse statements but supporters are not. I beg to differ.

MM really is a total dickhead sometimes. I don't even know where to start on that shambolic rant. He cannot stop people from having opinions.

As I understand it, he's not saying you can't have an opinion, simply saying that to be so vocal in that opinion and so publicly was a disgrace in the circumstances. The circumstances being that this was Megsons first proper game in charge and we won.

For what it's worth, in the context of the above Milan is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669