Strike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same rule applies to both - if you're not making enough money (or you wish to reduce the shit you're getting yourself into), you can't continue splashing the cash.
The same rule does not apply to both.....countries can print money, companies cannot. Countries can inforce their business model on their customers via the gift of the forces. And countries cannot go bust, their economy simply contracts drastically.
Oh, and no self respecting company would have Gordon Brown as their CEO.

Just like you would get drunk if you have 12 hours left to live.

I wouldn't. I'd want to be perfectly sober for the sexual gratifications that I would have in mind for those final hours.

Unless they wanted to sell off their assets at below market value.

I don't like to defend Brown - but if this is about gold, then that was sold at the market price. Most privatisations, on the other hand, are sales deliberately made at below market value - Northern Rock, British Gas, British Telecom, the water companies and electricity companies for example. Council houses, too.

Unless they wanted to sell off their assets at below market value.

I don't like to defend Brown - but if this is about gold, then that was sold at the market price. Most privatisations, on the other hand, are sales deliberately made at below market value - Northern Rock, British Gas, British Telecom, the water companies and electricity companies for example. Council houses, too.

You both need to think about what you have said. Gold was not sold below the market value at the time. However, it was sold at a time when there was no need to sell it, and left the country with deminished reserves which we could really do with round about now.

As for privatisations, yes they are sold below market value, but their increased profitability in the private sector generates large tax revenue which has to be a good thing. In the case of BT, there was also the windfall tax, and the 3G license auction which netted the country huge amounts of cash. It also pushed the burden for future pension scheme problems into the private sector. Good forward planning?

I wouldn't. I'd want to be perfectly sober for the sexual gratifications that I would have in mind for those final hours.

Come off it Spion, i reckon you are about the same age as me from reading your posts and if that is the case, it would take more than 12 hours to find someone to do it with.:icon_bigg

I wish he was my taxi driver

Last edited by a moderator:
He said he wasn't going to swear, broken promise.

To be fair there was a lot of cosying up done by the Labour party during their time as well, just look at Mandelson, what a self serving **** he is.

Last edited:
He said he wasn't going to swear, broken promise.

To be fair there was a lot of cosying up done by the Labour party during their time as well, just look at Mandelson, what a self serving **** he is.

Forget party politics, it's a nonsense paradigm.(YAY!!!!1111!! Paradigm-point to me) Changes in personnel aside, the government has been in continual power for too many years. There isn't a fag paper's width of distance in policy between any of the major parties. Lying, thieving, conniving, self-serving ****s every last one of them.

I really do not see the problem in using the absurd to point out absurdity

Hate to be a shot stirrer but thats incredibly OTT and offensive.

Aye - it's as ridiculous as the bollocks he was responding to.

I wonder if that's what he intended.

Come off it Spion, i reckon you are about the same age as me from reading your posts and if that is the case, it would take more than 12 hours to find someone to do it with.:icon_bigg

Can't see how you can get my age from my posts. Some of them seem to come from pre-teen and others from somwhere past senility :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669