Strike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very interested to know your definition of the word 'free'. Their "day off" has cost them a day's pay.

Ask a teacher to explain what they lose by taking a day's strike, because it certainly isn't most peoples definition of a days pay.

Ask a teacher to explain what they lose by taking a day's strike, because it certainly isn't most peoples definition of a days pay.

They lose a day's pay. What would "most people definition of a days pay" [sic] be?

They lose a day's pay. What would "most people definition of a days pay" [sic] be?

The average teacher turns up for work about 190 times a year. On Wednesday, they withdrew approx 1/190th of their annual labour.

They will be docked 1/365th of their salary as a result. This effectively means they lose close to half a days pay.

And I'm not even going there with the amount of sick leave and training courses and days off during exam times and sticking a video on for the kids whilst snoozing in the staff room and 9-3 days with an hours lunch break and 'free' periods and so on.

There were a lot of public sector workers on strike on Wednesday that had a strong case. Teachers didn't. They are hugely over rewardied for the job that they do.

And I'm not even going there with the amount of sick leave and training courses and days off during exam times and sticking a video on for the kids whilst snoozing in the staff room and 9-3 days with an hours lunch break and 'free' periods and so on.

What utter, utter garbage

Teachers start work well before 'school time' and work significantly longer hours than 'home time' - often working well into the evening. You clearly have a complete lack of understanding of the work that they do. I know lots of teachers, and my good lady is a Governor of the local primary school - many teachers work far more hours per week than your average 40

And 'sick leave and training courses'. Jebus, what a complete ignoramus you are.

Unbelievable

The average teacher turns up for work about 190 times a year. On Wednesday, they withdrew approx 1/190th of their annual labour.

They will be docked 1/365th of their salary as a result. This effectively means they lose close to half a days pay.

There were a lot of public sector workers on strike on Wednesday that had a strong case. Teachers didn't. They are hugely over rewardied for the job that they do.
Don't forget the school trip days/weeks. lol, rolf, lmao etc.

Wow.

Yes, but what about parents evening...

The average teacher turns up for work about 190-195 times a year for which they are paid for 1265 hours of contact time. That contact time is, exactly what it says it is. They are not, however, paid for the 3-4 hours a night marking, planning, the after school clubs and all the other time that exceeds that 1265 hours. I think you will find that the Local Authority will ensure (as per their legal requirement) that those teachers who chose to strike will have the appropriate amount of pay docked.

Just how long have you been working in schools to get this level of insight Brown Nose?

I am sure that there are a huge amount of people working in the private sector who also give up vast swathes of their free time in order to work for their employers for nothing.

Just how long have you been working in schools to get this level of insight Brown Nose?

Based on his comments, I have some doubts whether he actually went to school as a child, let alone worked in one...

I am sure that there are a huge amount of people working in the private sector who also give up vast swathes of their free time in order to work for their employers for nothing.

I am one such twat.

I am one such twat.

It's called going above and beyond and it's very common, all my guys work and extra hour or two a week. Whether its staying on a bit after 4pm, leaving early in the morning to get to a customer or working through lunch.

There are "huge amounts" of people who work a bit extra for nothing, a lot of salaried people don't clock watch.

Last edited:
Feck me there's some tripe in this thread!

If you worked for a company that was failing, you'd do what you were told and be happy that you still had a job. How is that different to working for a country that is failing? If the money is not there, then its not there.

Teachers do not all have an easy job. Some of them work considerably harder than most of us, particularly in the poorer schools. Likewise, there are many who sit on their arses and do the absolute minimum.

And how has the "financial sector" affected Cate's pension scheme going bust?!

You'd have thought with all the holes that need excavating in this country, there wouldn't be so many FMs on this thread digging away.

Not true at all. They work 195 days a year and they will be docked 1/195th of their yearly salary. I know this from working alongside teachers for 25 years. You are obviously talking of your first-hand experience of another LEA who treats these matters differently; would you like to share which LEA this is and the length of your experience of their deduction method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46