Strike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You on a break Harry or got the day off? :p

I knew that would bite me on the arse.
I was in between jobs/visits at the time of posting.

Leave was cancelled for all this week unless you booked before the strike announcement.

I can assure you all anyway there are some utter ****s not worth anyone's money in my workplace. Lazy bastards who take so much advantage of their position.

Feel free to offer a different opinion to me on this, but this is mine:

The Tories are cutting back on lots of things in what was originally an attempt to get the economy going again before the next election and therefore make them recover some ground in the popularity stakes that they lose with these cuts.

That is obviously the only reason why anyone would want to get the economy going again.

You are extremely naive if you think governments think otherwise, the PMs are relatively untouched by the economy and that's the problem.

Surely they want to improve the economy so that they can line their rich friends' pockets even more at the expense of the down trodden workers?

For the benefit of both drew and Siouxsie I shall re-post what I wrote earlier:

Don’t fall into the tissue of lies that paints this system as unsustainable. Every single study of the figures except that of our idiotic chancellor and his team of renegade morons shows that, in real terms, the current scheme is more than affordable. Both the National Audit Office and the House of Commons' Public Accounts Committee BOTH show, unequivocally, that the cost of public sector pensions is falling as planned and will continue to do so...

You are getting sucked into believing fabrication. It is my job to know the figures!

Thank you for re-posting for my benefit. Strangely, since "every single study" shows that, I have read studies and been to seminars, not produced by the idiotic chancellor and his team, that come to the opposite conclusion.

But then I've also been to a number of seminars by leading bank economists over the past few weeks (I'll go anywhere for a working breakfast and have contacts with lots of banks!) and they have all differed on the true state of the economy and how to resolve the problems, so it's difficult to know who to believe on lots of subjects. No wonder I'm being sucked into believing fabrication regarding pensions, despite trying so hard not to.

We are heading for a period of deflation then inflation worse than the 30's, all pensions will become worthless.

Will inflation-proof pensions become worthless?

In fairness, it's a bit of a stretch to think that anyone can teach. Cyrus couldn't.

I would think that that applies to most dead people.

I think you're being deliberately facetious, but if you want me to spell it out, I know them all, none of them cared. They didn't want to march, they didn't want to picket. They spent most of the day texting me, crowing about their free day off.

I'd be very interested to know your definition of the word 'free'. Their "day off" has cost them a day's pay.

Has nobody bothered to mention that old truism yet?

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach?

:icon_wink

Probably not mentioned because it is old - and no longer true.

Last edited:
I think I've said all I can be bothered to say on this subject now. Thanks for the lively debate chaps, it's certainly made my Wednesday a bit more interesting anyway.

I know I'm on a boat and out of touch with civilisation, but isn't it Thursday today?

It started on Wednesday Boc.

By the way how far have you got now?

We're in Manchester; Castlefield Basin. Having a real lazy time

I think the likes of Plato, Freud, Jung, Archimedes, Einstein, Newton and my personal favourite Darwin are still teaching through their writings.

Point taken.

Yep, when the rules are rewritten, it's not like there isn't a precedent.

I would suggest that that is very unlikely to happen for pensions already in payment.

I would suggest that that is very unlikely to happen for pensions already in payment.

Not a bet I'd make. If the government keeps cutting and the rest of the economy continues to collapse, public and private sector pensions already in place will be cut.

Well that's fantastic news for the those with indexed linked pensions, but drastic times will require drastic measures.

Throughout the years governments have been proven to be liars and thieves.

You have to hand it to the ConDems, at least they look us in the eye when ****ing us in the ass rather then those sly labour ****s.

Not a bet I'd make. If the government keeps cutting and the rest of the economy continues to collapse, public and private sector pensions already in place will be cut.

We're likely to see over the next 10-15 years a cut in pension contribution tax relief for the private sector. Whether its the full amount or a percentage who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46