Strike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether or not your opinion is correct, do you think the government has a right to just change it whenever they feel in line with what the 'public' think is fair?

how dare the government change policy to reflect what people will think is fair in some sort of evil scam to get the electorate to vote for them

oh hold on, that's democracy

There are legal restrictions on the number of people allowed to stand on a picket line. The established Code of Practice on picketing recommends that there are a maximum of six people in attendance outside any single workplace entrance.

I would imagine that your eight people had been made fully aware of this fact, and had been informed by their union as to who was identified as being the six people in attendance throughout the day.

What did you expect them to do, stand across the street and cheer them on ?
Nobody stopped them going on the march in Central London.

I think you're being deliberately facetious, but if you want me to spell it out, I know them all, none of them cared. They didn't want to march, they didn't want to picket. They spent most of the day texting me, crowing about their free day off.

Not everyone in the public sector is some starry-eyed, idealistic unionist.

It's not a free day off. They lose a full day's pay, a day of 'reckonable service' and, ironically, a day's contribution to their pension

The action to strike is simply about withdrawing your labour, it is not about picketing or marching - although some (presumably your starry-eyed, idealistic unionists) may choose to do so

Nobody stopped them going on the march in Central London.

Oh dear

That's not what striking is about. It might be to the more active trade unionists, but the majority of people it's about withdrawing your labour in protest.

Losing a days pay is punishment enough, without having to go and listen to a load of blathering twats shouting, or mix with the rent-a-mob scrotes with their dogs on a string, who generally tag along to these things

Oh dear

That's not what striking is about. It might be to the more active trade unionists, but the majority of people it's about withdrawing your labour in protest.

Losing a days pay is punishment enough, without having to go and listen to a load of blathering twats shouting, or mix with the rent-a-mob scrotes with their dogs on a string, who generally tag along to these things
Oh dear. I was only answering your post about the restrictions on picket lines, no need to get your knickers in a twist.

Last edited:
Not everyone of us is the lazy bastard you've greatly exaggerated.

'The difference between me and public sector workers is that I'll knuckle down', what total shit

If you read my post properly then you would see that I made that comment in reference to the fact that I don't moan about my wages or pension, like some public sector workers, I just knuckle down and get on with my job. But feel free to make whatever false inferences you like so it fits your little critique.

But a lot of people I know who have gone into teaching are wholly unsuited for it in my opinion, I did journalism at degree level and masters level, a lot of people I know from those courses have gone into teaching, I can think of 5 or 6 off the top of my head - how is learning how to write for newspapers a relevant subject?
I can't imagine how having the necessary A levels in English, or suchlike, to be accepted into University in the first place, followed by commitment to study for 3 years to a reasonable standard, would qualify anyone to write bollocks in a newspaper either.

Last edited:
I didn't say teaching was easy or make any elusion to the fact that it isn't a taxing job.

My english teacher at GCSE level didn't know what hyperbole was and didn't know the difference between accept and except

Presumably your teacher also didn't know the difference between elusion and allusion.

, I just knuckle down and get on with my job.

As did a good preportion of public sector workers yesterday and those that what weren't in work were probably doing something related to it. A lot of been knuckling down for years working away, working away with more brick walls then you can imagine. You are tagging a lot of public sector workers when the bottom line is that there is lazy bastards in private/public.

Presumably your teacher also didn't know the difference between elusion and allusion.

I'm not a GCSE English teacher, it doesn't matter what I know.

Although I reckon she probably didn't.

As did a good preportion of public sector workers yesterday and those that what weren't in work were probably doing something related to it. A lot of been knuckling down for years working away, working away with more brick walls then you can imagine. You are tagging a lot of public sector workers when the bottom line is that there is lazy bastards in private/public.

FFS, did you read what I wrote about two minutes ago? I wasnt calling anyone lazy, I was using it as a turn of phrase to state that I don't kick up a fuss about pensions and wages and I just get on with my job. Not calling people lazy. Are you determined to just plough on and take whatever meaning you like?

Has nobody bothered to mention that old truism yet?

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach?

:icon_wink

FFS, did you read what I wrote about two minutes ago? I wasnt calling anyone lazy, I was using it as a turn of phrase to state that I don't kick up a fuss about pensions and wages and I just get on with my job. Not calling people lazy. Are you determined to just plough on and take whatever meaning you like?

The overall tone suggested you did. 'Selfish' was another description.

Last edited:
I hope you are not turning into Jeremy Clarkson Indie

Unison calls for sacking of Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson

It'd be interesting to know how much money would be saved by scrapping the waste of money that is the BBC and the pay to their employees such as Mr Clarkson. How the **** in 2011 the BBC can be viewed as an essential public service is beyond me, the show he made the comments on is a prime example of money spunked down the drain.

As for the strikes - People in the public sector have the right to go on strike if they are not happy, they're not happy...If I am unhappy I do not have this option, but I was fully aware of this when choosing my career so **** it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69