Stringer

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's an idiotic, childish, self obsessed twat.

I remember listening early last season at Colchester on the way back from Coventry thinking what the **** this lad was on. He was shown up to half of the nation on national tv to be an arrogant nob.

You lot haven't played football against him why his personality is shown up.

There is only one option....I will take the job on!

Last edited:
I usually listen to the opposition commentary these days and most of them give me a better idea of what's going on, even if they're biased towards the other team.

That was part of Stringers problem - he tried to provide balance and ending up coming across anti-Leicester sometimes as a result.

My wife challenged him directly about this before a game last season and he made some comment asking if she would prefer it if it was Radio Leicester City rather than Radio Leicester - she said yes please!

He then got out his ID card or something and said he had to be unbiased in his commentaries. This is actually a fair point although he really needed to remain aware of who his target audience was. I have heard him telling listeners that it was an awful decision NOT to give a penalty or NOT to send someone off. Problem is, he was arguing for a penalty to be given to the OPPOSITION or for one of OUR players to be sent off.

There's impartiality and there's stupidity and what works on national radio is not appropriate for local radio IMHO.

I think more worryingly, is not if stringer has been sacked or not, but more why are the city refusing to talk to radio Leicester.
Is it because stringer has criticised the club, or pearson, in some way?
If so, then that is completely out of order.
I would rather have the local media with its own opinion, than just towing the club, or managers line!

I think more worryingly, is not if stringer has been sacked or not, but more why are the city refusing to talk to radio Leicester.
Is it because stringer has criticised the club, or pearson, in some way?
If so, then that is completely out of order.
I would rather have the local media with its own opinion, than just towing the club, or managers line!

Why?

If a reporter slagged off the team and manager then how is it out of order for the team not to want to talk to them? If someone at work you don't know starts slagging you off behind your back, would you want to carry on talking to them? :102:

Personally, I would want Radio Leicester to simply report on Leicester City not make its own opinion. I can make my own opinion up thank you very much, rather than being told what to think.

Bit presumptuous to jump to that conclusion either way.

Last edited:
What a bunch of moaning fannies! Nothing better to do than moan about who a radio station has as their commentator!

In this case you have a choice of to listen to it or not.

What a bunch of moaning fannies! Nothing better to do than moan about who a radio station has as their commentator!

In this case you have a choice of to listen to it or not.

:038: Couldn't have put it better (or possibly so well) myself. Stringer isn't perfect but, for we remote fans, he does a pretty good job.

I haven't had the dubious pleasure of listening to this Stringer chap commentate yet, and it looks like I never will now, was he really that bad?!

No, it's forced on you at the match. Surely you've heard the excruciating snippets of him commentating on goals that get played all too loudly in the run up to every home game?

they don't play them in the Shakespeare pre match. I get there just as they prepare for kick off.

:icon_bigg Good plan, that means you miss all the pre-match 'entertainment'.

exactly and WTF was all that cheer leaders crap at half time the other week? They were awful and should never have been given the time of day. What next? A primary school choir singing nursery rhymes or a ****ing dancing dog?
And while I am at it, WTF was that twat juggling the ball doing there. If I want to see that I would go to a circus, what was he after a ****ing contract!!!!
I am off for a full English!

All he ever tweets is negativity, he hasn't done himself any favours. Coming out with "I still think leicester will make the playoffs, but as usual they'll make us sweat to the last match" won't go down well when posted under an official name.

sounds like the club want an interviewer to only ask the right questions and tow the line.

that to me is wrong.

sounds like the club want an interviewer to only ask the right questions and tow the line.

that to me is wrong.

He asks shite questions. When interviewing Pearson or players post match it sounds like he has a list of questions he wants to ask and goes with them even if the previous answer answers it.

stringer - "so, Waghorn played really well today, what do you think?"
pearson - "I don't want to discuss individual player's performances, they all played well"
stringer - "I see, well Gallagher played really well as well, what do you think of his performance"
pearson - "I don't want to....."

and so on.

Idiot. And a twat having played football against him.

I'm affraid Stringer comitted the ultimate indescretion and Milan wasn't at all happy about having to clean it up all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566