Stringer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm affraid Stringer comitted the ultimate indescretion and Milan wasn't at all happy about having to clean it up all over again.

The ultimate indiscretion being...?

An FT board member spoke to Stringer on the concourse at West Brom. He had been told on the morning of the game that he wouldn't be commentating on the game or QPR. He didn't know what the longer terms consequences would be.

He said he didn't know what he was supposed to have done wrong.

The main concern is what exactly is behind the decision.
- If it's his tweets releasing information ahead of agreed timings with the press, which by doing so may give advance notice to the next opposition, then it is justified & needs stopping
- If it was his comments when NP wasn't appearing at the touchline (due to back injury), but Stringer speculated along the lines of "hope nothing is wrong behind the scenes", again could understand the club having an issue

- But if it's stating that players are not playing well during a game, than that is a commentators job to give a picture of the game to listeners, and in this instance the BBC should back their employees. We had to put up with years of Anderson's "don't criticise any players however they play", it ruins any credability of the reports.

Just wondering if the Mercury "Dare to Dream" campaign is linked, with the "get behind the players call". From our observations at games, fans are behind the players, we don't need telling. Fans also realise they need to be more postively vocal at the QPR game

An FT board member spoke to Stringer on the concourse at West Brom. He had been told on the morning of the game that he wouldn't be commentating on the game or QPR. He didn't know what the longer terms consequences would be.

- If it's his tweets releasing information ahead of agreed timings with the press, which by doing so may give advance notice to the next opposition, then it is justified & needs stopping
- If it was his comments when NP wasn't appearing at the touchline (due to back injury), but Stringer speculated along the lines of "hope nothing is wrong behind the scenes", again could understand the club having an issue

-But if it's stating that players are not playing well during a game, than that is a commentators job to give a picture of the game to listeners, and in this instance the BBC should back their employees. We had to put up with years of Anderson's "don't criticise any players however they play", it ruins any credability of the reports.

Just wondering if the Mercury "Dare to Dream" campaign is linked, with the "get behind the players call". From our observations at games, fans are behind the players, we don't need telling. Fans also realise they need to be more postively vocal at the QPR game

Which by all accounts Stringer has never managed to do.

- But if it's stating that players are not playing well during a game, than that is a commentators job to give a picture of the game to listeners, and in this instance the BBC should back their employees. We had to put up with years of Anderson's "don't criticise any players however they play", it ruins any credability of the reports.

I'm sure 'Boy Genius' & 'Blue Maniac' will be ready to shoot this down.

Why? TBH I couldn't give a flying **** about Stringer or the what the club does. LCFC as a club treat the fans with disrespect and have always done so, feed the fans shit and let them know what they want to know.

WTF does it matter if our manager has a bad back, why would that upset the club?

as I said I really couldn't give a ****. All I do is watch matches.

No reason to, it makes perfect sense. If Stringer's done something wrong then fair enough, give him some sort of slap on the wrist and move on. If it's serious, fine - bin him. If they don't think he's any good at his job, they should improve their recruitment techniques, but also stand by their employee and retrain him. If he's done nothing wrong and they've got no problem with his commentary, why is all this happening? I'd be most unimpressed if it was to do with criticism of player performances - which is part of his job.

Like BG, I couldn't give a toss who commentates on any Leicester game for any radio station, for reasons that will be obvious to those who know me. But I like to see people get a fair crack, especially in this case as Stringer seems to love his job.

So the BBC, as his employer, should be taking steps to point him in the right direction rather than treating him like a dog who's just shat on the sofa.

or perhaps the BBC felt it was wise to take him away from the radio until they had investigate what (if anything) had happened.

So the BBC, as his employer, should be taking steps to point him in the right direction rather than treating him like a dog who's just shat on the sofa.

We don't know what the BBC are doing; they may (or may not) be doing just as you suggest. It's LCFC that seem to be pulling the strings on this one.

By influencing the BBC's decision making. I don't like it.

Eh? If LCFC say he's not allowed to ask questions and not allowed into the ground to commentate, I don't think there is much that the BBC can do about it.

I thought he was 200% better than Barber and is a true, true Leicester City fan. I also enjoyed his commentaries.

For that I hope he gets re-instated as a BBC Leicester commentator.

Eh? If LCFC say he's not allowed to ask questions and not allowed into the ground to commentate, I don't think there is much that the BBC can do about it.

So in other words, LCFC is having a direct influence on the BBC's decisions. In fact, it seems they're making decisions for them. I would hope the BBC have asked for an explanation. I would also hope that in the event of any such explanation being forthcoming from the club that it's a satisfactory one, and that Stringer has in fact done something suitably serious to attract such a ban.

So in other words, LCFC is having a direct influence on the BBC's decisions. In fact, it seems they're making decisions for them. I would hope the BBC have asked for an explanation. I would also hope that in the event of any such explanation being forthcoming from the club that it's a satisfactory one, and that Stringer has in fact done something suitably serious to attract such a ban.

If LCFC won't let him into the ground, there is no decision for the BBC to make. So yes, they're making the decision for them. And, I say again, having heard the offending commentary from Stringer, I don't blame them.

If LCFC won't let him into the ground, there is no decision for the BBC to make. So yes, they're making the decision for them. And, I say again, having heard the offending commentary from Stringer, I don't blame them.

You seem to know more than the man himself. What did he say?

My question to LCFC, is where did all the saved VAT money ( 17.5% to 15%) go that they did not pass or or give to a charity as they promised!

If anyone can do the maths they will be surprised at the amount they trousered for nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566