Stringer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this means not only do I not have to put up with the non-stop whinging from Ben throughout tomorrows game

There's nothing more heartwarming than people in love.

My question to LCFC, is where did all the saved VAT money ( 17.5% to 15%) go that they did not pass or or give to a charity as they promised!

If anyone can do the maths they will be surprised at the amount they trousered for nothing!

:icon_bigg You were supposed to forget that, BG.

If LCFC won't let him into the ground, there is no decision for the BBC to make. So yes, they're making the decision for them. And, I say again, having heard the offending commentary from Stringer, I don't blame them.

A PM would be great if your source is confidential. :icon_wink

Boc has made it public that he has heard whatever it is so it follows that he should also back this up with the evidence.

Or failing that PM me too please :icon_lol:

It's not like Boc to avoid the question.

Actually he avoided one on Tuesday night by pretending to be asleep, but I can understand him not wanting to answer :icon_bigg

Actually he avoided one on Tuesday night by pretending to be asleep, but I can understand him not wanting to answer :icon_bigg

I dont understand why you are so bothered about it though, you do not listen to the radio commentary

I dont understand why you are so bothered about it though, you do not listen to the radio commentary

You're right, it doesn't affect me one bit. But as I've said before, he might be an awful commentator (I just don't know) but Stringer's a very nice man in person and I'd wish him no ill. If he gets booted out of his job, I'd feel much better about it if I knew he deserved it. And if nobody else tells me what he's meant to have done, I'll just have to ask him myself :102:

Who?

It's a put up with scenario til the 'drop dead gorgeous, loaded with money' bloke comes along:icon_razz

Glad to hear of a woman being honest about this for once.

the question being " Boc do you know you are dribbling again? Please close your legs!

My question to LCFC, is where did all the saved VAT money ( 17.5% to 15%) go that they did not pass or or give to a charity as they promised!

If anyone can do the maths they will be surprised at the amount they trousered for nothing!

We raised this at the Fans Consultative Committee in January and it is minuted as follows:

" AD asked that now V.A.T. had gone back up had the club donated to a charity.LH advised that LOROS, Help4Heroes and Rainbows were amongst the recipients.AD asked that the list be published along with the total amount."

We still await this information to be published and will ask again

I don't see how the club could have stopped Stringer entering the Hawthorns to commentate. Several people seem to have seen him there as well.

Good point. So the decision must have been taken by RL or by the man himself.

You seem to know more than the man himself. What did he say?

A PM would be great if your source is confidential. :icon_wink

Boc has made it public that he has heard whatever it is so it follows that he should also back this up with the evidence.

Or failing that PM me too please :icon_lol:

I'm sorry; I didn't realise there was any secret about what sparked the 'stand-off'. I am sure that I have seen it mentioned hereabouts. And, in response to BM's comment I am equally sure that "the man himself" knows what it is about.

Everybody will know that Nigel Pearson has been irked by many of the questions put to him by Ian Stringer for some time. It is my understanding that the final straw came in the first half of the game at Pride Park when in commentary IS questioned the reason for NP's absence from the bench/technical area and for some time suggested that he wasn't at the game at all. I can't remember his exact words and in a way his exact words are not important; listeners were left with the clear impression that IS considered that the team's lack of performance was down to the absence of NP. As it turned out, NP *was* at the game and apparently had good reason not to be in the technical area at that time. I thought at the time that IS was going over-the-top about it; clearly NP agrees in spades.

It was the middle of the ****ing night. Questions such as fried or boiled can wait until the morning!

We raised this at the Fans Consultative Committee in January and it is minuted as follows:

" AD asked that now V.A.T. had gone back up had the club donated to a charity.LH advised that LOROS, Help4Heroes and Rainbows were amongst the recipients.AD asked that the list be published along with the total amount."

Yeah I bet they did. If they had given this sum and this size it has accumulated to, the club would have been singing from the trees about it.

I say they have trousered it and tried to keep mum about it.

No, it's forced on you at the match. Surely you've heard the excruciating snippets of him commentating on goals that get played all too loudly in the run up to every home game?
That's why I stay in the pub as long as I can. :038:

Beaten by the Trust!

To be fair, I didn't post a link to the minutes, as I didn't want Homer to have a heart attack over this:

"was possible to sell black coffee in the correct size cup with a lid from the concourse kiosks".

We do do more than discuss food and drink!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669