Stuff what I can do in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
The current Mrs Maniac and I have decided to spend the weekend of June 8-9 in London. She wants to go and point at jellyfish at Sea Life. I'm interested in going to London Zoo and watching gorillas wank at visitors. Even with all that excitement, we'll need more stuff to do. Any ideas? Ta in advance.

British Museum (free), Natural History Museum (free), go on the London Eye (rip off, but next door to SeaLife), Shit waxworks at Madame Tussauds (expensive), Really shit stuff at the London Dungeon (expensive), any of the art galleries are really good (free), stand with a load of americans and japanese tourists at Buck House and other sights (free, but annoying), Westminster Abbey/St Pauls (very good but rip off prices), wander round Covent Garden (free in theory, but she will buy stuff), get last minute tickets to go and see a show (will cost ya, but you get to sit down for a couple of hours and have a snooze)

Definitely.
British Museum (free), Natural History Museum (free), go on the London Eye (rip off, but next door to SeaLife), Shit waxworks at Madame Tussauds (expensive), Really shit stuff at the London Dungeon (expensive), any of the art galleries are really good (free), stand with a load of americans and japanese tourists at Buck House and other sights (free, but annoying), Westminster Abbey/St Pauls (very good but rip off prices), wander round Covent Garden (free in theory, but she will buy stuff), get last minute tickets to go and see a show (will cost ya, but you get to sit down for a couple of hours and have a snooze)
There are combi ticket offers for SeaLife, London Eye, Madame Tussauds and the Dungeon (I think). Looked at that and didn't know if it'd be value for money. There's also one with a river cruise, but not convinced of the value of that either.

Definitely.

There are combi ticket offers for SeaLife, London Eye, Madame Tussauds and the Dungeon (I think). Looked at that and didn't know if it'd be value for money. There's also one with a river cruise, but not convinced of the value of that either.

From experience the stuff that's on the combi tickets are a complete rip if you buy separately, so you'd probably be worth either not bothering or seeing 2 things. For value for money eating I'd recommend heading down the Borough as it's near touristy stuff but not rammed with twats.

Definitely.

I've done them all, but with kids - so it was worth it

If it's just you two, it might be a little bit sad

I enjoyed all of the galleries, but queing at 6am with Tedfoxxxelle for tickets to a Da Vici exhibition took the piss a little bit. I could happiy spend two days in the Natural History Museum though. Whereabouts are you staying?

I enjoyed all of the galleries, but queing at 6am with Tedfoxxxelle for tickets to a Da Vici exhibition took the piss a little bit. I could happiy spend two days in the Natural History Museum though. Whereabouts are you staying?
To be decided. All that's been done so far is booking of coach tickets.

Go to Primark on Oxford St, you will love it.

The Tower and HMS Belfast are excellent and close together, with Tower Bridge inbetween. And there's the Golden Hinde and the design museum close by too. Globe theatre is worth a look. Did some of these with Tesco vouchers if you have any to blow.

Edit: Have a wander around St Catherine's dock too. Plenty of places to eat.
Edit again: Greenwich is nice. Observatory/Planetarium and the Martime museum and the Cutty Sark should be open again now I believe. Nice shops and places to eat.

Last edited:
If you are going to the sealife centre, take a walk along the embankment to Tower Bridge, really nice when the sun is out but wear shades as TM could well be daily and you don't want to get caught out.

Churchill's cabinet war rooms are very interesting but you have to pay.

Buy a walking guide to London, this will hepl plan routes.

Buy a travel pass do not 'pay as you go' cash.

Eat and drink in the less touristy areas, if you want recommendations near where i live (Camberwell) there are a few excellent eateries. Avoid eating in W1 and SW1 - generally crap and expensive. The south bank is a good place to eat though, place called 'canteen' is very good and reasonable.

Avoid W1 and SW1 pubs, very expensive, again go off the beaten track.

Borough Market is worth a look, expensive though.

If you want more info PM me and i will put together some stuff for you.

On the theatre front i can recommend Les Mis and Mama Mia.

use the 'Boris Bikes' to get around the central areas. do a lap of Hyde park on your bikes and call into Apsley house, which is worth a visit and your not far from the Kensington museums form there. if that's what you into.

use the 'Boris Bikes' to get around the central areas. do a lap of Hyde park on your bikes and call into Apsley house, which is worth a visit and your not far from the Kensington museums form there. if that's what you into.
This is someone who's never seen me on a bike, clearly :icon_lol:
Sit at the bar at La Bodega Negra and drink Margaritas all day.
They do lemonade too, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670