Sunday League Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Anyone play Sunday league football ?

I play for Quenniborough Park Rangers, Division 4 of the Alliance League.

The season is only a few weeks away so thought we could discuss?

I know it can be grim at times but ive really missed it, Sunday mornings havent been the same without.

I Don't play any longer but i am the Manager of the Old Inn Littlethorpe Footy team. Just been promoted into the Hinckley Sunday League division 1.

fcuk also manages/plays for waterloo tavern in hinckley sunday league div 4 although i think they have changed there name now.

We've already played 3 pre season friendlies. Won 2 and lost 1. You had any pre season matches yet?

Sugar, didnt see the other thread...

Weve had 4 friendlys already and weve got another tonight and one sunday.

Our manager wants us to be "fit and ready".

Weve managed 3 wins and a draw but were looking like a much better team.

Tonight debuts the new kit, manager works at British gas so hes got them to sponsor us, which isnt bad, only problem is that hes a Norwich season ticket holder so its green and yellow ! :021:

Tonight debuts the new kit, manager works at British gas so hes got them to sponsor us, which isnt bad, only problem is that hes a Norwich season ticket holder so its green and yellow ! :021:

We'll have to sort a friendly out with you next year. Amazingly we've got a sponsor to buy a new kit for us this year too. I'm looking for a year of consolidation. Make sure we stay in this division.

Is it the same as our Fleckney kit? If so it's attrocious!

We are getting a new kit next week and I can't wait. It should be Blue and white (of course!) but the pub manager is keeping it a surprise!

We are now called Sportsmans Athletic, our website is www.sportsmansafc.co.uk.

If by play you mean stand in goal and watch 24 shots go past me every week then yes :icon_lol:

lol,

well we played in the new kit, dispite the colour it was pretty sweet, its got the british gas logo in green on the front, even has an Alliance League badge on the sleeve, it was better looking than some of the kits city faced in L1 last season! and it actually fits this time.

However the game itself was an awful display, we drew 4-4 with Birstall C.C letting in a calamity of goals, (dodgy pass back, own goal and dubious penalty).

I had a poor game, but i did smack the bar from 25ish yards. :076:

Roll on Sunday !

So, just to re-ignite this thread.

We played out first game of the season yesterday, away at f***ing Market Harborough.

By the time we got there in the rush hour traffic it was already getting dark so the ref advised it would be 30 minutes each way.

Fantastic, the rain was non stop, we were awful. Nobody was up for it and we lost 3-2 to a pretty shit side.

I spent the entire game in CM running back and fourth contesting goal kicks. I revceived 1 pass to feet all game. Totally took me out of the match.

AWFUL. Unbeaten all pre-season only to lose the first league match.

No mid week games for us this season (well at the start of the season anyway), lovely.

We start on Sunday. First game v Lutterworth Club at Home. Got a full strength squad to choose from. Should be good. Hoping for a good start.

We start on Sunday Away v Earl Shilton Spartans. We could have had 20 players for this Sunday. Managed to get it down to the 16 though, won't last, never does, be struggling for 11 in a few weeks!

Always hope for a good start!

Just found the County Cup fixtures, we have Cropston Rangersfrom the Charnwood League at home

Good start for my side in the league today. Beat Lutterworth club 2-0. Can certainly see the step up in class from the league below. Can't give them time or space as they get more shots off in this league.

Went 2 nil up after about half an hour and they threatened and are keeper pulled off a couple of good saves. But 2nd half they tired a lot more than us and we really should of had a few more goals.

Good start for us as well. We beat new team Earl Shilton Spartans 6-1.

We were in charge for much of the game but only 1-0 up at half time. We then got 2 very quickly in the second half and they crumbled.

Not happy we conceeded but it was a bit of a fluke goal so not too bothered. Biggest headache this season is picking a team as we have more competition for places than ever before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566