Sunday League Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stood in yesterday for the team Nathan's playing for.

Lost 3-0....attacking wise never seem to get going. Now doing a great impression of The Tinman after playing 90 minutes. TBH, I really struggled with the pace to begin with. Won most things in the air but just a bit slow off the mark. Although I guess being under the cosh for the majority didn't help.

Hello people this is my first contribuition to this forum.
I don't know if this the correct thread to post this in, forgive me if I am wrong.
In my local football league (West Herts) a City legend played for one of the teams last Sunday.
He is the legend that is Junior Lewis. Although I didn't see the game myself, he wasn't all that special. His side did win 9-2 but he didn't get on the scoresheet.

Hello people this is my first contribuition to this forum.
I don't know if this the correct thread to post this in, forgive me if I am wrong.
In my local football league (West Herts) a City legend played for one of the teams last Sunday.
He is the legend that is Junior Lewis. Although I didn't see the game myself, he wasn't all that special. His side did win 9-2 but he didn't get on the scoresheet.

Welcome. I think legend might be pushing it a little far though!!:icon_lol:

Ive posted this in the ex players thread as well!

Tis bloody stressful this sunday league stuff, got 18 players for sunday to fit into 16 spots! ARGH!!

Sounds good,

What position do u guys play?

On Sunday we lost 7-1 to Humberstone :mad:

I have never been so frustrated in my life.

1-0 up for 40 minutes only to self destruct second half. By far the worse performance iv ever been part of and the first time iv ever thought about quitting QPR.

Cup this Sunday, can only hope that we put things right.

We play the standard positions on the pitch but I do try to get the 11 players on the pitch to play different positions rather than all the same.:icon_wink

We are the hinckley and district sunday league div 4.

Last edited:
We were all set to put the nets up only for the other team to call at 10am and call the match off due to lack of players.
Had training instead where there was a fantastic performance from manxfox!

Last edited:
We continued our winning start as well with a hard fought 2-1 win. We were 2-0 up at half time but had a poor second half. Still we are still top of the league!!

I have joined a team last week here in NL, we played our first game last week sunday and won 1-0 debut game debut goal, great start. Next game sunday afternoon, by the way the team i play for is the team that Frank Rijkaard started playing before signing for Ajax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669