Sunderland Sack Martin O'Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa fans I know say the same about him as many of our fans (at least on here do though)... His success and the way he acted at the club is what lead to the decline when he left.

I would still love to see MON back here though. Think there is a much better chance of it now than before because his stock has dropped over the last couple of years... but still not sure he'd want to come back. It would be hard to get anywhere near the success he had before, so where's his motivation? (other than money!)

One thing O'Neill has always had is one hell of ego. That could work both ways, of course. His ego may not allow him to risk sullying his past achievements here. Or it might attract him to the idea of walking into a club at which he is largely adored and reviving them to a position which they haven't attained since he himself was last here.

Should've said... I still don't want Pearson to go.

But if he did, MON coming back would excite me!

I hope pear son contracts monkey aids but don't want MON back

Last edited:
Strange comment. Where has anyone said or suggested anything like that?

Sorry, I didn't realise I was communicating with children.

The comment "One thing O'Neill has always had is one hell of ego" implies that having an ego is an important factor impacting upon a manager's ability. This means 'the person who said he had an ego thinks it is important'. If this is still beyond you then I'm afraid you'll have to find someone else to dumb it down further.

Going and getting him might be the biggest no brainer in the history of football.

You never know with Martin, but he might just fancy it this time.

Worst manager we've ever had, would be a massive step back from where we are now if he were to come back....

I'm quite confused/amused by the mention of MON's ego. Isn't ego a bit like stubbornness? Isn't stubbornness the thing that the current incumbent is accused of having too much of?

For me the thought that O'Neill might come back is further indication of the craziness of the game; it certainly doesn't excite me. And he would be taking on an infinitely more difficult job this time around - he would not be inheriting a club that is generally on the up and which has three play-off finals and a year in the Premier League in its recent history.

Last edited:
I'm quite confused/amused by the mention of MON's ego. Isn't a bit like stubbornness? Isn't stubbornness the thing that the current incumbent is accused of having too much of?

I was going to post something very similar.

Forest haven't done too badly since they went back to Billy Davies.....

City haven't done too badly since they went back to Nigel Pearson...

City haven't done too badly since they went back to Nigel Pearson...

Oh don't get me wrong Boc, I wasn't advocating the MON stuff necessarily, it was more joining in the 'finding people who go against the never go back theory'. I should have made that clearer though.

99% of people here do not have a single track by Tammy Wynette. And 1% just equates to the size of your MP3 collection.

'70% of all statistics are made up on the spot by 64% of people that produce false statistics 54% of the time they produce them'

Sorry, I didn't realise I was communicating with children.

The comment "One thing O'Neill has always had is one hell of ego" implies that having an ego is an important factor impacting upon a manager's ability. This means 'the person who said he had an ego thinks it is important'. If this is still beyond you then I'm afraid you'll have to find someone else to dumb it down further.

No it doesn't. I'm afraid that's just the inference you took from it. I was arguing that it would have an impact on whether or not he'd consider taking the job if offred it. Nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669