Pre Match Sunderland Vs Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Bloody good band, don't know what you're complaining about when there is so much shit about Hull)

((The Deep is also quite good))

Last edited:
It's impressive how we've been able to Get Up Off Our Knees. I'd like to be able to predict what will happen for the rest of the season, but I Can't Put My Finger on It. It will be Anxious, but I'm pretty sure We're Not Going Back, and when it comes to Flag Day, and Freedom from relegation, we'll be The People Who Grinned Themselves to Death.

I thank you.

It's impressive how we've been able to Get Up Off Our Knees. I'd like to be able to predict what will happen for the rest of the season, but I Can't Put My Finger on It. It will be Anxious, but I'm pretty sure We're Not Going Back, and when it comes to Flag Day, and Freedom from relegation, we'll be The People Who Grinned Themselves to Death.

I thank you.

I think Mawsley has realised by now that you don't knock the mighty Housemartins and get away with it!

Mawsley 0 Decent Music 4

I think Mawsley has realised by now that you don't knock the mighty Housemartins and get away with it!

Mawsley 0 Decent Music 4
You could do the same thing as Dessie did with Milli Vanilli song titles.

Last edited:
I have read that Nugent, Ulloa and Vardy are all doubts with Nugent a major one for this game. With James already gone we could be running on empty come Saturday. Let's hope inguries don't kill us off at the final hurdle

Agreed, it is concerning. However, I'd like to think Vardy can get one more game out of himself. It's fatigue for him rather than an actual problem (the foot can be managed and requires rest). If it came to it, I'd rather play Wood than Kramaric due to physical presence and attempting to take advantage of Albrighton's crosses.

Agreed, it is concerning. However, I'd like to think Vardy can get one more game out of himself. It's fatigue for him rather than an actual problem (the foot can be managed and requires rest). If it came to it, I'd rather play Wood than Kramaric due to physical presence and attempting to take advantage of Albrighton's crosses.

In theory you are correct but in reality I have never seen Wood score anything but a 'tap in' header from any cross whereas Kramaric on the other hand showed his heading prowess against Villa in the FA Cup. Cue the Chris Wood v Watford header video......

Wood just needs a long punt down the channel from Knockeart, simple shove on the full back and a thundering volley into the roof of the net over a startled goalkeeper.

You would think Nigel would look back at winning games and just tell the team - Just do that again!

Should never have got rid of Beckford either. Look at the goals he is scoring now! :)

Sunderland are expecting a near capacity crowd for this one, traffic will be horrendous around 4.30pm

Biggest rush will be around 3.30pm as their ground empties when when we go 3-0 up. :icon_razz

Biggest rush will be around 3.30pm as their ground empties when when we go 3-0 up. :icon_razz

I REALLY hope that you are correct: there's too much optimism around here and, I know what happens when City fans get confident....

One of the (few :icon_bigg) things that I like about NP is that I do not think that he'll let this 'turn up and take the points' attitude permeate the team. This is a tough game and I'd be happy with a point.

T O F, have a gander at some of the links on foxes trust to some Sunderland sites.
Some think they will turn us over 3 or 4 nil!

Could this be our first spanking that many go on about?
Personally, I can't see it.
Sunderland have been bloody spawny in both of their last games. Sort of luck that had deserted us a while back.
We should win, but a draw with Hull not winning, would be nice alround :)

****ing Sunderland.Another pile of garbage banging on about this "big club" bollocks.They're a carbon copy of Newcastle,spouting the big club myth.Big clubs are clubs that win trophies regularly.Mackems & Geordies are middling clubs with huge support & that's all.Big clubs once upon a time...many moons ago.The ****ing Ottoman Empire was big once upon a time too.

I watched Sunderland win the FA Cup in '73 & they were underdogs THEN so when exactly does this big club thing date back to? We all love our history & are rightly proud of it but it is,by definition,past tense.

Last but not least...Stadium of Light? I laughed my arse off when I heard they were calling it that.

I've been to the Stadium of Light.It's in Lisbon & always ****ing will be.

Fair enough lots of grounds have shit names these days thanks to corporate sponsorship (ours included) but to name your ground after another team's ground??? A bigger,better,more famous team's ground??? That just smacks of an inferiority complex & gives the lie to all the "big club" bollocks.
& besides how can you call it the Stadium of Light & build it in ****ing Sunderland? I've been there 4 times & not seen a ray of sunshine yet.It's like a night in with the Addams Family.

Yes you get 40000...doesn't mean you're a big club.Means you've got a big ground.Plus it's only 40000 at kick-off,been less than that before the end in a lot of games this season.
I've NEVER left either Filbert St or the KP before 90 mins.& I attended under McLintock,Pleat & Holloway.

Stadium of Shite.

****ing Sunderland.Another pile of garbage banging on about this "big club" bollocks.They're a carbon copy of Newcastle,spouting the big club myth.Big clubs are clubs that win trophies regularly.Mackems & Geordies are middling clubs with huge support & that's all.Big clubs once upon a time...many moons ago.The ****ing Ottoman Empire was big once upon a time too.

I watched Sunderland win the FA Cup in '73 & they were underdogs THEN so when exactly does this big club thing date back to? We all love our history & are rightly proud of it but it is,by definition,past tense.

Last but not least...Stadium of Light? I laughed my arse off when I heard they were calling it that.

I've been to the Stadium of Light.It's in Lisbon & always ****ing will be.

Fair enough lots of grounds have shit names these days thanks to corporate sponsorship (ours included) but to name your ground after another team's ground??? A bigger,better,more famous team's ground??? That just smacks of an inferiority complex & gives the lie to all the "big club" bollocks.
& besides how can you call it the Stadium of Light & build it in ****ing Sunderland? I've been there 4 times & not seen a ray of sunshine yet.It's like a night in with the Addams Family.

Yes you get 40000...doesn't mean you're a big club.Means you've got a big ground.Plus it's only 40000 at kick-off,been less than that before the end in a lot of games this season.
I've NEVER left either Filbert St or the KP before 90 mins.& I attended under McLintock,Pleat & Holloway.

Stadium of Shite.

Not a fan of them? I don't really mind them too much, just a club with a massive inferiority complex. Many mackems can name dates in the 80s when their attendances for specific matches were higher than Newcastle. If you ever need to wind them up, mention the free tickets to schools - winds em right up. They'll deny any schemes with schools exist despite the fact it's not actually a bad thing. But they're insecure about their big rival's fictional 10 year ST waiting list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566