Survival Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's quite an odd and varied list of people Spion. What are your opinions on those you've listed and what connection do they have with each other?

I know it's a crass comparison, but what are/were your feelings on Gaddafi, Saddam Hussein, Idi Amin, Ayatollah Khomeini, Myra Hindley, Ian Brady et al?

Don't fret, I'm not so stupid as to compare these with a trivial football manager. It's just that I am genuinely curious as to know the full extent of your first sentence.

I don't think there's anything wrong in wanting to see someone fail who fecked up here. I feel the same about Peter Taylor, Dennis Wise etc.

You might as well tell me not to be emotional about football at all, but then I'd say 'Why bother with the game if you AREN'T going to get emotional about it?'

My point about the hating was the intensity of it. Perhaps it would have been better if I had used the word anger.

I thought Spion's list was an excellent one. They all did evil though for very different motives.

When Brady and Gadaffi go will I say "Good riddance" certainly. Do I get angry about them - no.
I am more likely to feel angry about petty things - a senior colleague who took all the credit for work a young woman in my department just starting out had done, someone who changed facts slightly to get a good story that made me seem foolish. Many years later these still jar.

Of course Beaumont is right about being emotional about football. I feel silly saying it but the three things that most made me angry last year were all to do with football - Yann's penalty, the way we let Pearson go and Sousa's ridiculous comments after matches. But these are not things to dwell on.
My emotions to do with football are so silly that I even feel a frisson of excitement approaching the stadium to get a ticket on a day when there is no match.

The comparison of Taylor and Holloway with Dennis Wise does not seem to me apt. Opinions obviously differ on Holloway but Peter Taylor seems to me to have been a good man who tried hard for the club and failed. I would be happy to have Peter Taylor as a friend but would want nothing to do with Dennis Wise. To put it crudely anger makes it difficult to distinguish between being a bad manager and being a bad man.

Loyalty to your club is generally a good emotion. However, I am sure that Beaumont would agree with me that the emotion can go too far as with certain chants or violence between fans.

I've placed a few bets today. Both teams to score in the games involving Villa,

down

down

a winner

down

another winner

and Wolves.

winner

Draws in the games involving Bolton,

nope

nope

Fulham and

yes

West Ham.

not even close

I've also had a correct score lucky 15: Villa 1 Liverpool 3,

no

Everton 2 Chelsea 2,

no

Stoke 2 Wigan 1

no

and Wolves 2 Blackburn 1.

no

I think the 2 teams that are currently in the bottom 3 along with West Ham will go down.

and no!

Let's cut to the chase, shall we? Can we still afford to go to Sweden?

Flipping heck. You been taking quoting lessons from BM Boc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669