Sven sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

st albans fox

has brian robson recovered from his throat cancer ?? he has the ear of some influenical Thais .....................

sven will have been paid off and the statement (sacked/mutual consent) will be whatever the club want it to be for lots of reasons.

Last edited:

Orifice

Just found out and I'm stunned. And shocked. Stunned and shocked....etc

With Fazackerly (sp) saying the bit about he understands that the club has arrangements for Sven's replacement in place, it's like when they had Sousa in place before getting rid of Pearson.

Were there any well known manager type people in the crowd on Saturday last?

I think that the new geezer will be a Big Name (not McLaren please), someone who knows that if they dont win their first 23 games they'll be out of the door too. José Mário dos Santos Félix Mourinho please.

LeeCovFox

Re: Sven rumoured to have been sacked.

I feel like we are fast becoming/have become everything I hate about modern football.

We are already there and we have been for some time, I'm afraid. It will probably work out alright in the end. I feel as though we are where QPR were two or three seasons ago before they realised what they needed was a Warnock to do the job.

But all in all I don't like where we are as a club. When we were skint and struggling I enjoyed it more than I do now simply because I still felt as though the club belonged to me a little bit. I was deluding myself of course, but with this lot in charge throwing their cash about I feel detached from the club. The illusion of belonging has disappeared. Unfortunately I was hooked long ago.

I can't help but feel that any success we get from spending all of the owners' money will feel hollow compared to the successes of Little, O'Neill, Adams and Pearson. Maybe it's because I'm getting older and football isn't as important to me as it once was. Maybe it's because I feel a bit down about things after Saturday and now tonight. It could well all be sulky bollocks. I'll tell you if and when we win something.

FoxCovert

Whoever comes in inherits a good position in the league and quality players, a run of 3 or 4 wins puts us right in the mix and the pressure is eased. If its the right man we'll soon forget about Sven. Dont get me wrong i liked him and could see what he was trying to build, but i also found it frustrating sometimes tactically, especially as we were not able to kill off the poorer sides in the division, this goes back into last season. If you look at his overall record with us i think it's easier to understand the decision.

Profondo Rosso

We are already there and we have been for some time, I'm afraid. It will probably work out alright in the end. I feel as though we are where QPR were two or three seasons ago before they realised what they needed was a Warnock to do the job.

But all in all I don't like where we are as a club. When we were skint and struggling I enjoyed it more than I do now simply because I still felt as though the club belonged to me a little bit. I was deluding myself of course, but with this lot in charge throwing their cash about I feel detached from the club. The illusion of belonging has disappeared. Unfortunately I was hooked long ago.

I can't help but feel that any success we get from spending all of the owners' money will feel hollow compared to the successes of Little, O'Neill, Adams and Pearson. Maybe it's because I'm getting older and football isn't as important to me as it once was. Maybe it's because I feel a bit down about things after Saturday and now tonight. It could well all be sulky bollocks. I'll tell you if and when we win something.

:038: Great post as ever, Lee - you always pretty much sum up my own feelings much more eloquently than I even could.

TangledUpInBlue

Not really, no.

All the love and affection I've had for this club and the belief that we'd go places with Sven (backed by seemingly smart new investors) has taken a huge hit.
I'm sorry, but I thought the managerial merry-go-round would finally stop here and that we'd finally see some stability at this club.

F*ck it.

I'm hugely disappointed and yes, something inside of me has just died tonight.

Feel much the same. Thought that our Thai friends might be a bit different and give the manager more time than this. This seems like a knee jerk, short term reaction that will not make sense in the light of day. At this rate the next bloke will have time to get the push by christmas.

Getting loads of texts from forest and derby 'aquaintances' - all taking the p**s.............again.

Boll**ks

LeeCovFox

I've just read an excerpt from the BBC story on this from Pat Murphy of Radio 5. I have no idea whether or not he has any inside knowledge or whether he is just speculating. But the following quote baffles me:

"They feel he lacks practical experience at this level, despite his eminence at international level".

Then why, may I ask, did you appoint the fecker in the first place?

Leigh

Me neither. Personally I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

When he was here, it felt exciting, like we were achieving something through merit, rather than chucking millions at everything and sacking the next sucker if he isn't top of the league within 2 months.

It actually felt like we were watching sport, now it feels like we're watching something out of Wall Street.

Yep, I'd go with all of that. Over the last ten years or so I think the only two seasons I've really enjoyed were 02/03 and 09/10.

Only just found this out and am pretty speechless. I'll reserve full judgement until I see who the replacement is.

FryattFox

Certainly not of manager - ****ing stupid decision.

And it proves that these owners are not good for the club. They just think they can buy success - and we all know that is impossible. Who's next and how long will they last?

Worked with Man City.

Just saying, like.

Matt_B

I've just read an excerpt from the BBC story on this from Pat Murphy of Radio 5. I have no idea whether or not he has any inside knowledge or whether he is just speculating. But the following quote baffles me:

"They feel he lacks practical experience at this level, despite his eminence at international level".

Then why, may I ask, did you appoint the fecker in the first place?

I saw that and thought the same.

Motown Fox

Fazackerley on Radio Leicester saying that he understands that the club has arrangements for Sven's replacement in place.

Faz is also leaving.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in Tops office today as there must have been a call to ******** and agreement to join City made before the call to Sven was made to tell him to come in for his P45.

As agreement to join was given by such new manager this is likely to mean he is not with a club at the present time.
Personally I liked Sven and I think he should have been given more time, but hey jo time moves on The King is dead bring on his successor however he may be. I wouldnt say no to any of the proper candidates. In that I do nor consiser Shearer to be one and why he`s on the list I`m not sure.

Profondo Rosso

Yep, I'd go with all of that. Over the last ten years or so I think the only two seasons I've really enjoyed were 02/03 and 09/10.

Only just found this out and am pretty speechless. I'll reserve full judgement until I see who the replacement is.

I really enjoyed 03/04 (even though we went down, we still gave it a great go when we had absolutely no money) and 08/09 too. Basically, both full seasons under both Adams and Pearson I really enjoyed, still have a lot of time for both of them.

Last edited:
FFS! I was just having a swifty in the pub when the landlord - who is a forest fecker - told me this and I didn't beleive him. Thought he was winding me up. Fecking hell. This bloody football club. :bang:. :bang:. :bang:.

Still don't beleive it.

Got to say though I thought that SGE would do a good job given time. United stuck with Fergy in the first seasons when he struggled - has to be the right policy to build some stability.

Now what?????????:102:

Leigh

I really enjoyed 03/04 (even though we went down, we still gave it a great go when we had absolutely no money) and 08/09 too. Basically, both full seasons under both Adams and Pearson I really enjoyed, still have a lot of time for both of them.

I enjoyed 03/04 to a point, 1-1 with Arsenal, 4-0 against Leeds in particular but the last minute goals made me a nervous wreck and then there was the whole La Manga business. 08/09 I think I was still suffering from the previous awful season and only really started enjoying it towards the end - but both seasons stick out in my mind at least, there are a whole load of them between 2004 and 2008 that just seem to merge together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669