Sven sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sven rumoured to have been sacked.

Perfectly reasonable managerial decision from the owners. How dare anyone question their right to make the change given their investment and ambition? Sven has had a year and an enormous Championship budget to indicate that he's taking us to the promised land. Too many disappointments and too many frustrations.

MON is the obvious solution. He would take this squad up in double quick time. It's an appointment that would make sense for all parties. It would also be another big step forward for the club.

Halt the panic and hysteria and trust the owners to do the right thing. They've done a marvellous job to date.

Really? They ditched Pearson, brought in Sousa, made up for that (IMO) by getting Sven... and then ditch him soon after he's had a chance to build his own team.

I really don't think these players would suit MON's style either. He wouldn't want someone like Bamba in defence playing it around for example, and he's always relied on wingers.

Had to happen unfortunately. I'm just pleased they've taken decisive action rather than mess about for a few months

Problem is that his successor will have to work with Svens players until the window opens.

To be fair, I feel sorry for Sven, but I'm not sure we would have ever really pushed on to the play offs. The players seemed to have a mental block about winning when we have the chance to move into the top 6.

For me Sven made a huge mistake on Sat. After 20 mins we were getting lots of joy on the left hand side, but rather than change the formation during the half and exploit this, he ploughed on with the diamond. We were punished for Konchesky being too far forward on their second goal. Sven just couldn't see it.

Sorry to see him go, but I think it would have happened in a couple of weeks either way.

It will be interesting to see how quickly the fans turn on MON if he comes back.

Good job Sheffield United are in a lower league!

Problem is that his successor will have to work with Svens players until the window opens.

Which is the same problem we've had for about 5 of the last 7 (random numbers but probably about right) when we've sacked managers at this time.... then the new guy is judged on those performances and for the rest of the season but with the footnote "he's not had a pre-season/got his own players in"... then we're not top of the league so we sack the manager in October. Then the new guy comes in, can't buy players until January....

Repeat to fade.

Me too, not sure I'll go again this season, season ticket or no.

Sleep on it Matt. You'll feel differently in the morning.

The club we all love and support is bigger than one man or even a trigger happy wealthy owner.

We really have turned into the Newcastle of division 2, haven't we? Bought a whole new team in the summer FFS, two points off the playoffs - shambles. Utter shambles.

Sleep on it Matt. You'll feel differently in the morning.

The club we all love and support is bigger than one man or even a trigger happy wealthy owner.

I'm not so sure I will. I've been drifting away for a while now and get little enjoyment from games mainly due to the fans. It's not helped by the fact that those around me will be delighted with this decision.

Time for a bit more moderation I think:

An act of rank stupidity right up there with Eugenics & the X Factor.
If we'd picked up the expected home win on Saturday this decision would have been a million miles away.Short-termism,short sightedness & incompetent leadership of the highest order.

A decision made when we are still in contention in a very tight league & a few days in advance of probably the toughest away trip of the season.Lose at Upton Park & we'll very likely be in the bottom 8 although still only a few points of the playoffs.Then the next bloke in the door will be under enormous pressure.
I also imagine a hell of a lot of players will have come here purely to join the Sven Revolution so it'll take a fair while for them to settle under anyone else...I just hope thay can suck it up & act like grown-ups or the season will be over.Although since we're talking here about pro footballers I dont hold out a lot of hope of that.

The most blindingly senseless thing about it all though is that the new man is bound to be a big name marquee headline grabbing appointment.

Because apparently they think that worked so well the last time??? ??? The logic escapes me.

I expect the booing and calls for Sven to be sacked may have something to do with it.

I heard the booing on Saturday but I must have missed the calls for Svens head.

I'm not so sure I will. I've been drifting away for a while now and get little enjoyment from games mainly due to the fans. It's not helped by the fact that those around me will be delighted with this decision.

But you voted YES in the poll about him going.
:icon_conf

Just completely stunned by this. Surely the lunatics have now completely taken over the asylum.

I'm split two ways. Something says Sven should have had more time and this is just a knee-jerk reaction.

On the other hand, the owners must already have a replacement lined up (if not it's complete madness!) and must be convinced he can get us promoted.

We have a fantastic squad of premier league quality players and if we get a manager who can get them playing to full potential we can still do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669