Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your thoughts on the appointment BG?

a good appointment all round. People who start to knock this IMO don't really know what they are on about.
He took England to 2 quarter finals and a European Championship QF as well, we went from about 20th in FIFA rankings to 4th or 5th. He has won the Coppa Italia with both Sampdoria and Lazio, and won the scudetto as well with Lazio.

All that seems very successful to me. Lets give the bloke a chance.

a good appointment all round. People who start to knock this IMO don't really know what they are on about.
He took England to 2 quarter finals and a European Championship QF as well, we went from about 20th in FIFA rankings to 4th or 5th. He has won the Coppa Italia with both Sampdoria and Lazio, and won the scudetto as well with Lazio.

All that seems very successful to me. Lets give the bloke a chance.

Who are you, and what have you done with our BG?! :icon_lol:

In all seriousness, that's spot on. Couldn't have put it better.
:038::038::038:

People will no doubt once again point out that Sven has never managed at this level before. Which makes me laugh as (off the top of my head, can't be arsed to back this up) the last 2 seasons of the Championship has seen only 1 manager win promotion to the Prem (Thick Mick) who has had 'success' at this level.

I could be wrong of course?

It stands to reason........ who would you rather have? A manager with a CV like SGE or some bloke who managed Southend and Walsall?

As usual Macky has got his History spot on. He might also have mentioned that Canute was a highly successful Scandinavian ruler. This seems a good omen for Sven.

To be honest, I'm hoping he's not just another Great ****.:icon_wink

Shocking - the website edits out one of our great historical leaders. :D

Last edited:
People will no doubt once again point out that Sven has never managed at this level before. Which makes me laugh as (off the top of my head, can't be arsed to back this up) the last 2 seasons of the Championship has seen only 1 manager win promotion to the Prem (Thick Mick) who has had 'success' at this level.

I could be wrong of course?

My grandad said he wanted someone who had gotten a team promoted from this league before, so I offered him Micky Adams. Shut him up.

BBC Radio Leicester understands that Derek Fazackerley will be Sven's assistant at Leicester City. #LCFC Powell to stay as coach
Anecdote of the week.
My dad used to manage Sunday League teams in the 70s and one of his players was a relative of Fazackerley's.

I agree with what Rhydal said, it could go either way. He might get us promoted season after next if we manage to keep hold of him, or he could bugger off if we don't give him enough money.

We live in exciting times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00