Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek Fazackerley to be Sven's assistant according to stringer.

Figure of speech my Welsh friend.

I doubt that's a figure of speech used by any other human being in the entire history of the planet. Your speech cuts a very strange figure Hazzmaniac.

He played about 500 games for Blackburn in the 1970s/1980s. In terms of coaching, wasn't he assistant to Keegan at Newcastle?

Yes, good news i think. Pretty much knows the game at all levels and like Sven must have some good contacts. Optimistic with what has happened over the last 2 days. I hope Powell remains at the club, he too is a real asset, not just in coaching terms but his relationship with the fans. Onwards and upwards now i hope.

Yes, good news i think. Pretty much knows the game at all levels and like Sven must have some good contacts. Optimistic with what has happened over the last 2 days. I hope Powell remains at the club, he too is a real asset, not just in coaching terms but his relationship with the fans. Onwards and upwards now i hope.

I'm sure that Sven must have a promise of reasonably substantial funding from the Thai owners, as I can't see that he came here to inherit a squad that was struggling in the hope of climbing the table. It wouldn't be Sven's way.

I'm sure that Sven must have a promise of reasonably substantial funding from the Thai owners, as I can't see that he came here to inherit a squad that was struggling in the hope of climbing the table. It wouldn't be Sven's way.

I am pretty sure he didn't spend millions and millions at Benfica

Everyone is whoing and areing, about Sven, good bad indifferent,who knows, but like others have said we live in a different world now, where money is king. King Power clearly have the finances, ( or so it would seem), to take the club where we, the supporters, want to go, and thats to the big league where money rules supreme, without it your also rans, unless you have a one off season, but then can't follow up your success. The really big teams, have success season in season out, and thats where they make the money, the Champions League, has to be the target. If King Power, plus the unknown third member, want to make money out of their investment, that has to be long term aim. The money that would be generated in Asia, would be massive, take a look at the at a couple of Premiership clubs,who already have connections with the Far East, the money they are generating dwarfs M&M's contribution thus far, and thats not a criticism. I think he has done this club a massive favour, even if this adventure falls flat on its face ( which I doubt), we will not be any worsre off than M&M took over, our future looked very very bleak back then, survival of the club in any form looked unlikely. We got lucky, other clubs wanted him, and courted him, but he chose us, and saved us, lets not ever forget that.

I am pretty sure he didn't spend millions and millions at Benfica

Not sure he had the same sort of stature at that time. You could also say that he didn't have millions and millions at Gothenburg. Neither did Sir Alex have millions to spend at St Mirren

For those who do not want Sven, can you please tell me why?
Where do you want me to start? :102:

Firstly, despite his reputation, I didn't like him. It's probably a girl thing, so you'll probably discount that.

I never liked the way he always tinkered with a side, from memory with England, he was always chopping and changing. I've drunk a lot of alcohol, so if any pedants want to counter that with two consecutive England teams that were the same, do so. I don't care.

I agree with Mawsley's post about the way football's going (pedantry aside...). However, I haven't reached the stage of voting with my feet.

It's funny you mention Notts County as a reason to applaud this appointment. I really, really wish I could post more, but I can't. Don't PM me on it either, as I won't tell you.

I want all my doubts proved wrong, as this means City are successful. It's a really strange place I'm in at the moment.

As for people (Homer) suggesting the doubters think Sven is not good enough, despite the above, I feel we're not good enough for Sven, and wonder what's in it for him.

Do we have a TB reporter at the stadium to post when he is spotted?

Again, despite the above, I got a few pics of Sven today!

Only because the zoom on my camera is better than my eyesight....

Last edited:
Not sure he had the same sort of stature at that time. You could also say that he didn't have millions and millions at Gothenburg. Neither did Sir Alex have millions to spend at St Mirren

my point is he had success there without the money!

He will be respected by the players here i am sure unlike Sousa. Any one who doesn't want to play for a coach with his credentials would be mad. Surely this will bring the best, particularly, out of our younger, quality players like King, Hobbs and Waghorn and Fryatt. (Have i missed anyone). What about the impact on our academy players also, what better motivation could there be for the likes of Chamberlain et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00