Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.
From now on Durham I shan't point out any of your posts that annoy me, that way it will be easier for all involved.

Listening to the stream of callers to RL this evening was embarrassing - it always seems to be the same ones - mostly cretins.

Whatever you think of Sven's reputation at interntional level, his club record stands up against almost any manager still working.

To all those who 'despair' at this appointment: who do you think would be a better option???

title.gif

It annoyed you that I didn't think Sven was a good appointment for us but hoped to be proven wrong??

It annoys me that your perpetual position with regards LCFC is pretty much "it's shit, we're ****ed, and it'll all end badly", no matter what happens.

It's the vagueness as well if I'm honest. Saying "it will all end in tears" is as useful as a psychic's reading, but still means you can post saying things like "they'll all see it in the end" and "feck me, you go away for a week and everyone sees the light."

Tell me, how do you think this will end in tears?

It annoys me that your perpetual position with regards LCFC is pretty much "it's shit, we're ****ed, and it'll all end badly", no matter what happens.

It's the vagueness as well if I'm honest. Saying "it will all end in tears" is as useful as a psychic's reading, but still means you can post saying things like "they'll all see it in the end" and "feck me, you go away for a week and everyone sees the light."

Tell me, how do you think this will end in tears?

This 'perpetual' position started what? A couple of months ago? I didn't think Sousa was right, I don't think SGE is either. What else have I said will end badly? What else have I said is shit??

The suprise at seeing so many people suddenly move to a position of wanting Sousa was based around the fact I was in a very small minority only a week before. There was a very quick shift on that from most on here. One minute it was crazy to not give Sousa at least 10 games. 2 games later everyone wanted him out immediately.

I don't think SGE is the right man for the job. I obviously don't know that to be true, nobody knows either way. As I stated, it's just my feeling and I hope he proves me wrong. He will start with a clean slate with me. I don't want him to fail, why would I?

In the long-term, we are going to face extremely hard times. I believe Mr.King Power and his son have bought the football club to make money. This money will most probably come through TV deals struck throughout Asia and in the process, we'll sign four or five Asian players to ensure there's interest in televising a second division team.

They will soon realise what really makes money is success, not names. This will probably lead to some boom or bust transfer policy. It may work, it may not but either way, when the consortium are comfortable with the money made or the bank daren't loan us any more money or they realise it's a lot more harder than they ever thought...pop it will go. Get your tinhats on, we'll be in for a scramble of survival.

I just hope one manager comes along possibly Sven with some steel, intelligence and ability to actually promote us without reinventing the wheel. I just don't believe in the King Power duo one minute; their brief words so far have been full of naivety and false belief. They haven't recognised either what gets fans on their side. They are not the 'football people' the Serbian Pinocchio tried to get us to believe.

Listening to the stream of callers to RL this evening was embarrassing - it always seems to be the same ones - mostly cretins.

Whatever you think of Sven's reputation at interntional level, his club record stands up against almost any manager still working.

To all those who 'despair' at this appointment: who do you think would be a better option???

Well said.
It was only four months ago that we were debating whether Coleman was better than Dowie. Now we are getting the manager that Chelsea were desperate to appoint a little while back.

This money will most probably come through TV deals struck throughout Asia and in the process, we'll sign four or five Asian players to ensure there's interest in televising a second division team.

Baichung Bhutia?
Hossein Kaebi?

a good appointment all round. People who start to knock this IMO don't really know what they are on about.
He took England to 2 quarter finals and a European Championship QF as well, we went from about 20th in FIFA rankings to 4th or 5th. He has won the Coppa Italia with both Sampdoria and Lazio, and won the scudetto as well with Lazio.

All that seems very successful to me. Lets give the bloke a chance.

His record certainly compares well with Dowie, Coleman and Southgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00